Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158484

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote: In your analogy that would be Subi's choice not to have pokies just like it's WA's....and given the insidious nature of pokies I can't see why the revenue is not included in GST calculations to dis-incentivise those states who are intent on having them. I also note that quite a few of the footy clubs in Melbourne are getting rid of them for social responsibility reasons including Collingwood. I wonder what that is telling us?

That's great, Subi has enough cash , in terms of social responsibility , I look forward to the day they stop selling grog as well!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158487

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
yep...and hamburgers and chips because of the saturated fats and salt...and bans Mister Whippy because of the large amounts of sugar in their icecream. I don't go to the footy specifically for any of those things whereas people go to places with pokies to gamble and nothing else. We don't need more pokies in our community, we need less.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158489

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: yep...and hamburgers and chips because of the saturated fats and salt...and bans Mister Whippy because of the large amounts of sugar in their icecream. I don't go to the footy specifically for any of those things whereas people go to places with pokies to gamble and nothing else. We don't need more pokies in our community, we need less.

Don't agree with that at all, leagues clubs and others are great social centers, sure they have pokies but they have a whole whole heap of other things going on as well, fantastic that people do and don't go near pokies...

bring em on...

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158492

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
You've been a strident supporter of pokies in WA for a long time and I respect that...I don't agree with it but I respect it. I don't think it will happen any time soon as it would be political suicide for any government given the strong opposition to them here in WA. I also believe it's a bit of a non-event given other forms of gambling available these days which could see pokies become less attractive in the not too distant future.

Last edit: by BC.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158500

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: You've been a strident supporter of pokies in WA for a long time and I respect that...I don't agree with it but I respect it. I don't think it will happen any time soon as it would be political suicide for any government given the strong opposition to them here in WA. I also believe it's a bit of a non-event given other forms of gambling available these days which could see pokies become less attractive in the not too distant future.

Well that's the great irony. While online betting booms and the AFL rake in millions on sports betting, they take some hypocritical virtue signal stance with pokies..its a bit like WA , we rake more per head than anyone from lotto gambling, mainly from pensioners than any other state, The AFL picked up 2 Miliion in gambling adds during the GFalone!!!
take away Cigarette adds and someone will fill the breech.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 264 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL