Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158387

• gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
The Wa state government is the last state to own there Tab.
They have done some research with industry people who now favour the Tab sale.The Barnett government and the Court state governments looked at the Tab sale.But changed there mind because of industry feedback.This is a backflip from Labours stand on this in previous years.
With the new deal it's more profitable for the State Government to sell the Tab and collect the tax.With the possibility of some online reality horseracing available in the sales package.The cost of upgrading Tabtouch to match all the online betting services is another reason for the possible sale.
Anyone have any thoughts on this sale???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158388

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Good. Gov should have nothing to do with this business.

Western Power should go firsts though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158390

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote: Good. Gov should have nothing to do with this business.

Baz has the sale of the power utilities become a disaster on the East Coast.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158402

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

gtrxuone wrote: The Wa state government is the last state to own there Tab.
They have done some research with industry people who now favour the Tab sale.The Barnett government and the Court state governments looked at the Tab sale.But changed there mind because of industry feedback.This is a backflip from Labours stand on this in previous years.
With the new deal it's more profitable for the State Government to sell the Tab and collect the tax.With the possibility of some online reality horseracing available in the sales package.The cost of upgrading Tabtouch to match all the online betting services is another reason for the possible sale.

This being all the talk yesterday. The state govt are now selling because of the tax that's going to be generated. Currently overseas bookmakers are not taxed. However after the sale, all that will change.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158404

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: The Wa state government is the last state to own there Tab.

This being all the talk yesterday. The state govt are now selling because of the tax that's going to be generated. Currently overseas bookmakers are not taxed. However after the sale, all that will changemoney'e]
WAG I don't know of too many gambling organisations that lose money.Wonder what the State Government takes as a dividend each year.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158439

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Exactly gtr. I don't know of any gambling organisations that lose money. I'd suggest you would be hard pressed to find one. Cannot remember the state government's take. Apparently 35 per cent of the proceeds from the sale would be put towards a new racing industry infrastructure fund. It's my understanding the state governments take will be 15% of that figure so I've been told. Plus the wagering taxes that will now be paid also.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158448

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote:

Bazza wrote: Good. Gov should have nothing to do with this business.

Baz has the sale of the power utilities become a disaster on the East Coast.

The TAB is chicken feed, they reckon its worth 400 Mill , they will get less than that, and its a declining asset , internet betting is smashing it. Most suburban TABs a duds.

Leasing the Western Powers Poles and Wires would of raised $2 Billion, it hasn't been a disaster in the East, what has been is the rush to renewables which are subsidised at the expense of power stations who cannot compete, we don't have that problem here, we are a separate fossil fuel grid based on Coal and LNG domestic reserve. ( only state set up that way) .

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158450

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The other thing that should go is the Fremantle Port Authority , lease that to a Super fund for several Billion over 99 Years like NSW Victoria and Qld have done.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158451

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: Exactly gtr. I don't know of any gambling organisations that lose money. I'd suggest you would be hard pressed to find one. Cannot remember the state government's take. Apparently 35 per cent of the proceeds from the sale would be put towards a new racing industry infrastructure fund. It's my understanding the state governments take will be 15% of that figure so I've been told. Plus the wagering taxes that will now be paid also.

We should have pokies as well outside of crown.
WAFL and Bowling clubs should have them as a community based revenue source.

Last edit: by Bazza.

The WA Tab is up for Sale. 5 years 5 months ago #158456

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
pokies are a disgrace and should not be allowed anywhere.
a community based revenue source ? the most anti-social things you could find and are set up to take money off people, one of the dumbest ideas I have heard on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackspratt

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 233 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes