Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149624

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
One for the record books there.....not sure what else to say about that game......pity Short didn't get going to prove to himself he could easily replicate Bairstow or Hales feats.....cunning plan by JL to lure the English batsmen into a false sense of security 12 months out from the real thing......how Ali keeps getting wickets I will never know....

Time to give Carey a bash I reckon.....not too sure the value of Paine at this format....but JL et al have made a rod for their backs now and Paine will be there in 12 months time no matter what......pity that because Carey has the makings of a mini Gilly....or should I say Bairstow or Buttler......but JL will be too stubborn and loyal to see that Paine is a test player only....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149626

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Only one pleased about this failure is Daggy Wanker who knows he MUST be an automatic inclusion for the World Cup. Hasn't he been missed. Hardware stores are reporting a drop in sales of sand paper. Noticed he wasn't on c9 last night ( but I turned it off early).. We stirred up the possum in Sth Africa & are being bitten on the bum by the poms.. God save the Queen.

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149628

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

anchorman wrote: Not good for sure Freez, but really we shouldn't have expected any more than a hiding would we!!!
A bowling attack that is probably just a bit over Shield standard, but way below International standard.No Cummins, Haslewood ,Starc. A batting line up missing two of the best batsmen in the world Smith and Warner.

Not sure if Stanlake has even played Sheffield Shield cricket as yet but Tye cant get a game for WA unless we have a dozen bowlers injured in the 4 day game!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149629

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
The downward trend is quite alarming given that in the past 2 years Australia has only won 2 out of 15 One day internationals and quite a lot of that has been with our full strength team playing.

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149632

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Agree with the comments about the standard of the bowling, but hey blokes are injured. The attack would no doubt be much better with Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood, Mitch Marsh and Coulter-Nile all available, three of them may be from NSW but that would stop me from considering them for selection.

Agree that the Paine situation is a rod for Langer's back, his hands may be tied for a wile with recent circumstances although Carey could also play as a batsman but why play him as a batter then not have him keep.
Short on captaincy options if Carey comes in for Paine, Finch could maybe do it for a period (and maybe for longer) until Mitch Marsh comes back in and reestablishes himself.

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149643

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah I think everyone realises that this was an experimental series against the best ODI team in the world but to go around the park for 481 in 50 overs was something that shouldnt have happened to any team.

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149644

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
the decision of one person - Warner and the lack of leadership from Smith and Lehmann over the team has put us in this mess.
full strength attack and Marsh in as an all-rounder will help but there are no world class batsmen in Australia that will help this team until Smith returns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149653

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256

mikeh wrote: Yeah I think everyone realises that this was an experimental series against the best ODI team in the world but to go around the park for 481 in 50 overs was something that shouldnt have happened to any team.

It's not often that England could be considered to be the best cricket team in the world in any form of cricket, Mike, but they certainly have some awesome batting firepower that we lack and consequently feasted on our second-string bowling attack.
However, I'm sure the Two and Froms - aided by Fleet Street - will talk themselves up but still find some way to lose the Cricket World Cup if they reach next year's final.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149665

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote:

mikeh wrote: Yeah I think everyone realises that this was an experimental series against the best ODI team in the world but to go around the park for 481 in 50 overs was something that shouldnt have happened to any team.

It's not often that England could be considered to be the best cricket team in the world in any form of cricket, Mike, but they certainly have some awesome batting firepower that we lack and consequently feasted on our second-string bowling attack.

However, I'm sure the Two and Froms - aided by Fleet Street - will talk themselves up but still find some way to lose the Cricket World Cup if they reach next year's final.

India are the main threat to England in next years world cup ADGM. New Zealand are always there or thereabouts and Pakistan are unpredictable. South Africa would have to undo their habit of choking in major tournaments and Australia will be a lot better with their A graders back but still won't be a major threat in my opinion.

3rd ODI - ouch! 5 years 9 months ago #149668

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
One would hope if Lynn could stay fit for 6 weeks he would need to play in the WC......if Hales and Buttler can score runs than surely Lynn could too....even faster

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 576 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL