Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148795

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here is a question for you Bazza: has Sky News become more biased than Fox News?

For those who have access to Sky News: the ultra-right wing disposition of Sky News clearly shows how important it is to ensure that the ABC is fully funded. David Speers must feel very lonely and out of place at Sky News.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148832

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Swan42:

As you know they are more liberal than conservative: Paul Murray is not even a Monarchist
they believe in small government
free trade
the crushing of trade unions
large scale immigration -- to keep down the price of labour

A lot of what they say is quite loopy especially around the welfare state -- they promote the idea of the disabelled working, which, if they thought about it seriously, is a contradiction in terms. My favourite is Dean from 'Outsiders'. The other day he went as far as to claim that the single mum's problem was a direct result of the welfare state. Laughable -- there have been single mums since the beginning of time it is just that, Dean does not seem to realise that they were hidden in 'poor houses'.

At the same time though, Swan 42, I have to say I find it very difficult to watch the ABC because of its political correctness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148834

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

swan42 wrote: Here is a question for you Bazza: has Sky News become more biased than Fox News?

For those who have access to Sky News: the ultra-right wing disposition of Sky News clearly shows how important it is to ensure that the ABC is fully funded. David Speers must feel very lonely and out of place at Sky News.

ALP stalwarts - Graham Richardson has his own show, then theres Peter Beattie and Stephen Conroy, Brue Hawker, Dee Maddigan, Christina Kenneally before dived into the Senate..

Not that it matters because both are pay TV and the consumer buys the product he or she wants, if he doesn't like it he can cancels the subs..

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148836

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: Swan42:

As you know they are more liberal than conservative: Paul Murray is not even a Monarchist
they believe in small government
free trade
the crushing of trade unions
large scale immigration -- to keep down the price of labour

A lot of what they say is quite loopy especially around the welfare state -- they promote the idea of the disabelled working, which, if they thought about it seriously, is a contradiction in terms. My favourite is Dean from 'Outsiders'. The other day he went as far as to claim that the single mum's problem was a direct result of the welfare state. Laughable -- there have been single mums since the beginning of time it is just that, Dean does not seem to realise that they were hidden in 'poor houses'.

At the same time though, Swan 42, I have to say I find it very difficult to watch the ABC because of its political correctness.

Paul Murray is an absolute goose.

Its pretty well documented that single parent households have exploded since the introduction of the Single Parent Payments/ and Family Law Act.. I grew up in the era before and there wasn't a single poor house around, the vast majority of people got married and had kids, yes kids were born out of wedlock ( rarely ) but there were other options like adoption with was semi common, or single mothers went and worked and supported them selves or had family support.

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148838

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I should also add that Ross Cameron is a nut case, especially with his complete denial of Putins Criminal Acts and support for Assange.

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148843

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
The perceived bias is, in my opinion, pretty much determined by your own values and side of the political spectrum you come from!

I regularly use the ABC as my main source of news and have been roundly criticised by mates for my left view of the world as a result but I also use Sky, The Guardian, Al Jazeera and Fox so that I can see what both sides are portraying as what is happening!

I do tend vote left but in my electrorate if they are the best for what I need which has changed as I grown older ( notice not more mature),

The trouble is that few Journalists are that, they are more beholding to their owners than ever and if the owner is right winged then that is what you get, the shock muppets are prime example.

Bias is now part of the world and you only have to look around other countries to see how it effects what is served up as news in other countries!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148849

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Grump wrote: The perceived bias is, in my opinion, pretty much determined by your own values and side of the political spectrum you come from!

I regularly use the ABC as my main source of news and have been roundly criticised by mates for my left view of the world as a result but I also use Sky, The Guardian, Al Jazeera and Fox so that I can see what both sides are portraying as what is happening!

I do tend vote left but in my electrorate if they are the best for what I need which has changed as I grown older ( notice not more mature),

The trouble is that few Journalists are that, they are more beholding to their owners than ever and if the owner is right winged then that is what you get, the shock muppets are prime example.

Bias is now part of the world and you only have to look around other countries to see how it effects what is served up as news in other countries!

Motor Journalists are the worse of all Grump.New car release's in Tasmania or Bali, East Coast Snowfields.If you don't print what they like.You don't get invited next time.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148860

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grump wrote: The perceived bias is, in my opinion, pretty much determined by your own values and side of the political spectrum you come from!

I'm pretty much the same, I use a local station Nine, then SBS, Some ABC, although I have drifted away from them of recent times, Sky ( BTW what do people think of the new format no Red Button anymore), BBC World ( hardly ever use Fox News - its comical ), Mainly read The Australian ( mainly as its the last broadsheet and only national paper left here so you get stories more in depth) , Some West ( just for local) Some Guardian just for a peek and to stir up Lefties on the comments - although its shockingly left wing, Wall Street Journal US and The Telegraph UK.

Agree, bias will always be a personal perception....but a public broadcaster should NEVER be bias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148862

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Bazza wrote:

I'm pretty much the same, I use a local station Nine, then SBS, Some ABC, although I have drifted away from them of recent times, Sky ( BTW what do people think of the new format no Red Button anymore), BBC World ( hardly ever use Fox News - its comical ), Mainly read The Australian ( mainly as its the last broadsheet and only national paper left here so you get stories more in depth) , Some West ( just for local) Some Guardian just for a peek and to stir up Lefties on the comments - although its shockingly left wing, Wall Street Journal US and The Telegraph UK.

Agree, bias will always be a personal perception....but a public broadcaster should NEVER be bias.

agree whole heartedly, for fun I told a mate abt an item I had read and talked to him abt it, a coal mine thing in Qld, his response that it was an ABC article and yet was from the Worst which is predominately right wing given stokes's leanings, perception is an interesting thing.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Is Sky News more biased now than Fox News? 5 years 9 months ago #148872

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote: Here is a question for you Bazza: has Sky News become more biased than Fox News?

ALP stalwarts - Graham Richardson has his own show, then theres Peter Beattie and Stephen Conroy, Brue Hawker, Dee Maddigan, Christina Kenneally before dived into the Senate..

Not that it matters because both are pay TV and the consumer buys the product he or she wants, if he doesn't like it he can cancels the subs..

Bazza I will raise you:

(i) Peta Credlin;
(ii) Andrew Bolt;
(iii) Alan Jones;
(iv) Paul Murray

in addition to the plethora of right wing guests.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 698 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes