Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Madness of an AFL Reserves Comp 6 years 1 month ago #144152

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Great article by Duffield today pointing out the madness of an AFL Comp and how it would end the WAFL and SANFL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Madness of an AFL Reserves Comp 6 years 3 weeks ago #144608

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Had a good chat with Neil Randall at last weeks scratchie, yes I know he's not anyone outside of Subi's favourite person, but I questioned him regarding the AFL reserves and he agreed it would likely decimate the state leagues. I asked if it was just rumours or for real, he said that when the AFL throw these things out there it almost always comes to be, eg AFLX and AFLW for starters. he said he wont support it but he's just one voice, lets hope he sticks by that.
The other subject was how hard it was for the commission to get new league sponsors but how happy and relieved they all are that Optus and the other mob came on board, but the AFL reserves will likely see those guys move to the new 2nd tier comp leaving little or nothing for the state leagues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

The Madness of an AFL Reserves Comp 6 years 3 weeks ago #144609

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
it won't be that bad. Keep in mind, that, even before 1987 there were plenty of our players listted in VFL reserve sides.

Turco
Ironmonger
Ralph
Ditchburn
Murray
Foley

and I am sure BH could reel off a few more for me in any given year.

The Madness of an AFL Reserves Comp 6 years 3 weeks ago #144721

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

ArkRoyal wrote: it won't be that bad. Keep in mind, that, even before 1987 there were plenty of our players listted in VFL reserve sides.

Turco
Ironmonger
Ralph
Ditchburn
Murray
Foley

and I am sure BH could reel off a few more for me in any given year.

Ark, I think we can cover some player losses and still maintain a good comp especially with both alignments gone, it's being dumped to the 3rd tier of competitions and the loss of sponsors and probably TV coverage that is the real concern.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 730 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL