Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #138993

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
I'm not a big Maguire fan but FMD I am sick to death of this political correctness BULLSHIT. Eddie made a joke with a contestant about must have been hard getting pocket money having Jewish and Scottish parents, Eddie having a Scottish background himself and the PC brigade are going to town on it. If you can't handle it find another country to live in and leave us alone. This country is being destroyed by the PC police.

www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/eddie-m...a23f3b1eb6cccb5288dd
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Time For a Flag, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #138995

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
I saw it and said to my wife that Eddies gonna get in the shit over this. There was no harm in the comment, it was a bit of light hearted fun.

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139001

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Yeah the countries being ruled by the PC nazi's and the bleeding heart brigade.
Careful what you say, dont make a joke, dont touch anyone ... what farking country are we living in!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139008

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Terrible, disgraceful that poor Eddie is being outrageously vilified for comments he made about another persons race or background.
You don't see this repeatedly happening to others in the media/entertainment industry do you? Wonder why that is?

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139099

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Blame the policy startting with 'm' which I have complainned about a lot on here. The Anglo-Saxon world has this egotistical view that it can make foreigners into good citizens. It is a very difficult thing to do, especially when the PC brigade go around criticising our British traditions. The two cultures, which are closest to ours in terms of 'freedom of speech' are Holland and France.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139106

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Political Correctness is nothing more than an Attack on Free Speech or a sence of humour..
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139108

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

ArkRoyal wrote: Blame the policy startting with 'm' which I have complainned about a lot on here. The Anglo-Saxon world has this egotistical view that it can make foreigners into good citizens. It is a very difficult thing to do, especially when the PC brigade go around criticising our British traditions. The two cultures, which are closest to ours in terms of 'freedom of speech' are Holland and France.

I would take a different view - that in the great majority, "foreigners" make good citizens in spite of the egotism (I would say misplaced arrogance) of the Anglo-Saxon world. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139110

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

gtrxuone wrote: Political Correctness is nothing more than an Attack on Free Speech or a sence of humour..

I agree with this definition of political correctness, taken from the Oxford Dictionary:

[quote]The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against. [/quote]

Of course, occasionaly it is taken to excess.

Last edit: by jackspratt.

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139111

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
jack: there is no need to put 'foreigners' into invertted commas old boy, as they are aliens until they receive their Australian citizenship. As for the rest of your comment, surrounding the contribution of migrants, you are correct. No mention of 1829? That is a bit unfair is it not?

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Anti Semitic comment GIVE ME A BREAK! 6 years 4 months ago #139112

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
gtr: I am torn on this question of 'freedom of speech' as you know. I tend to agree with jack, all things taken to extremes are dodgy, whether that be PCism or libetarianism in this debate. For me, overall, PCism remains the number one problem in society because it preaches a form of relativism which says that all ideas and values are equal to each other. Do they really think that Nazism is equal to the liberal democracies of today or yesterday? Of course, the little trick they play on society, is that they are never ideologically pure. Ideas always become unequal, for some strange reason, when you mention the Nazis in the context of their bankrupt PC Post Modernist nonsense. The West, in short, needs to be able to say, once again, that it has been on the right side of history most of the time.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 411 guests and 2 members online

• smokey
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag