Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Melbourne and tanking. 11 years 5 months ago #430

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: Seems that the MFC could be in deeper sheeit than was first thought.
Seems some more have come out and reopened the can of worms.
They could be in as much strife as the Crows.
The Fatman will be spewing about the new revelations being brought forward.
He is in denial about tanking happening.
OOOps sorry not sure why this topic bobbed up here,was supposed to be in the Melbourne club site.Sorry.

Good heavens, what's going on??? Melbourne tankers, Adelaide cheaters, Hawthorn "talcum powder", Saints stalker, Sydney "special" salary cappers, Dockers "powder puff" and so it goes. I thought the WCE were the "bad boys".....wonder how many more skeletons will fall out of closets? :whistle:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melbourne and tanking. 11 years 5 months ago #436

• SeƱorChang
  • Thank you received: 0
Well known that Melbourne were tanking, but we aren't the only club. The only reason we are going to be punished is because some of the people who were involved couldn't give a stuff about the club anymore and will play witness.

Melbourne and tanking. 11 years 5 months ago #437

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
All ok with the cats though 58? :lol:

Melbourne and tanking. 11 years 5 months ago #479

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

UNKA2 wrote: All ok with the cats though 58? :lol:

Let's face it unk...they're like a lot of other clubs....just haven't been caught out yet B)
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Melbourne and tanking. 11 years 2 months ago #6812

• George
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
AFL to fine Demons $500K: report
AAP Updated February 15, 2013, 6:57 pm

Melbourne faces a $500,000 fine and Chris Connolly will receive a one-year ban as a result of the AFL's tanking investigation, according to a media report.

Fairfax Media reported on Friday that the league's landmark investigation would not result in any draft penalties for the Demons.

Former Demons coach Dean Bailey, now an assistant at Adelaide, could also receive a three-month ban.

The AFL has been in negotiations with the Demons for several weeks over the investigation's findings.

The AFL Commission will meet on Monday and the charges could be announced soon after.

It is also understood Melbourne chief executive Cameron Schwab will not be penalised.

The report said some of the bans handed to Connolly and Bailey could be suspended.

The six-month investigation stems from the 2009 season, when Melbourne finished last with four wins.

The Demons have strongly denied deliberately losing matches late in the 2009 season to maximise their draft selections.

They have vowed to take the league to court should the AFL decide to impose penalties.

Melbourne have engaged QC Ray Finkelstein to head their legal defence.

Connolly was in charge of Melbourne's football operations, but now works in a marketing role at the club.

League investigators compiled a 1000-page report on the Demons.

When Bailey was sacked as Melbourne's coach in 2011, he said at his final media conference: "I had no hesitation at all in the first two years in ensuring the club was well placed for draft picks. I was asked to do the best thing by the Melbourne Football Club and I did it. I put players in different positions."

The league spoke to Bailey soon after those comments, but the investigation itself did not start until former Melbourne player Brock McLean gave a television interview last July.
When asked if Melbourne had tanked in 2009, McLean replied: "Definitely, and I think you would have to be blind Freddy to not figure that one out."
George Copley
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Melbourne and tanking. 11 years 2 months ago #6815

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Old Minibus couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Throw the book at both of them if they are guilty. Anyway cheating didn't really pay off for them did it? But that doesn't mean they should escape harsh penalties to put the rest of the comp on notice.

Thank christ they went for Jack Watts instead of Nic Natanui. I'm a Freo fan but I'm glad NicNat was picked up by a WA club.

Melbourne and tanking. 11 years 1 month ago #7086

• shwaborn
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Technically the Demons didn't get done for tanking.
Something about being prejduicial to the best interests of the AFL.
They were a team of losers experimenting with their players. No doubt they were tanking however technically how different is it to how the Giants played last year?
I got some respect for Mark Neeld, hope he does well.
Losers like Connelly should be kicked.
Also ex players like Brock McClean should keep their mouths shut.
Their is nothing sinister about tanking, if the AFL want to present priority picks, rewards for being an extra good loser, then they ask for this crap.
AFL will end up paying the half mil too no doubt.

Last edit: by shwaborn.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 420 guests and 2 members online

• one time only
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL