Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Honeymoon clearly over 7 years 10 months ago #94553

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Honeymoon clearly over 7 years 10 months ago #94554

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
DW my understanding of professional teams domiciled at the Gold Coast have ALL been spectacular failures. Of course, the arrogant AFL presumptuously thought they were better than the other associations. Eade has obviously been an outstanding success there as well.

Honeymoon clearly over 7 years 10 months ago #94556

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
In a market clearly not traditional and where there is recent history of many a club's failing in a wide range of sports its not like we have seen an innovative approach to developing the Suns team in that region. Agree 100% with your thoughts regarding the presumptous AFL. They have tried nothing out of the box. Ok they got arguably and imo the best player in the land at the time to go up there but its like they threw all the eggs in the Gary Ablett basket. Where is the glitz and where is the glamour promotion, something that was always going to be necessary to get this venture to work on the Gold Coast specifically. GWS have done a much better job across the whole process. How much money will the AFL continue to throw at what is doomed to be a basket case of a club?? The sooner they relocate this club club to Tassie the better with the irony of a club called the Suns down in that part of the country not being lost on me :dry: :evil: B)

Honeymoon clearly over 7 years 10 months ago #94562

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Interesting also that Leigh Matthews was recently quoted as saying that there should only be one team in Queensland. Given that he is on the board at Brisbane I would have to assume he would be in favour of the Suns being moved.
Also I thought they made a massive mistake sacking Bluey McKenna a couple of years back and replacing him with an older recycled coach. I thought Guy was doing a reasonable job given that he was the inaugural coach and Rocket Eade is one of a dying breed of older hot gosspeller coaches in the Mick Malthouse ilk. I just don't think young people take much notice of these sorts of guys any more. Look at the improvement of the Western Bulldogs and Carlton when young coaches have been appointed

Honeymoon clearly over 7 years 10 months ago #94657

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/316536...o-substitute-player/

take the time to read the kind of innovation they are contemplating in England to bring fans to the game in the link above. This is the kind of innovation I'm suggesting is required to make a club work on the Gold Coast. They have to try things out of the box, be different, engage their fans and interact with them as there are not enough footy people in that city to make an AFL club work.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 307 guests and 3 members online

• pjaye
  • Demons Forever
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr