Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51618

• Leather Stops
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Have not seen much about Geelong. Did they win? Checked the ladder & couldn't see Fremantle in the top four. Must be a misprint. Noticed Fremantle must have played the man again as Geelong had over 30 free kicks. Saw the umpires miss another when Johnson was grabbed & had his jumper torn. He never had the ball. Should have been paid one. Thats if everyone is watching Crowley. Freo should have won if Ballantyne had kicked a couple. Is he really a down hill skier? CHEERS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51628

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Not sure what game you were watching leather stops but Ballantyne snapped a very good goal to get us going in the last qtr. Pavlich double and triple teamed and thrown out of marking contests, blocked etc etc... but the umpire couldn't find his whistle. See you in September.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51635

• Leather Stops
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

DD wrote: Not sure what game you were watching leather stops but Ballantyne snapped a very good goal to get us going in the last qtr. Pavlich double and triple teamed and thrown out of marking contests, blocked etc etc... but the umpire couldn't find his whistle. See you in September.

Wont be there as we have a small problem over needles

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51644

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

DD wrote: Not sure what game you were watching leather stops but Ballantyne snapped a very good goal to get us going in the last qtr. Pavlich double and triple teamed and thrown out of marking contests, blocked etc etc... but the umpire couldn't find his whistle. See you in September.

I have a real problem with the way Pav goes to ground so easily in a contest over the last couple of years. It's almost as though it's the easy way out and he's hoping to get frees that never come. This weekend watch him closely and see what I mean. If it's a one on one Pavo will hit the deck like he's been shot and look at the umpire. It must come up in the weekly post match review with Lyon but he continues to do it.

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51646

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote:

I have a real problem with the way Pav goes to ground so easily in a contest over the last couple of years. It's almost as though it's the easy way out and he's hoping to get frees that never come. This weekend watch him closely and see what I mean. If it's a one on one Pavo will hit the deck like he's been shot and look at the umpire. It must come up in the weekly post match review with Lyon but he continues to do it.

BC how many free kicks should he have got? Also, how many were missed that Ballantyne and Crowley should have received?

Last edit: by swan42.

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51647

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Leather Stops wrote: Have not seen much about Geelong. Did they win? Checked the ladder & couldn't see Fremantle in the top four. Must be a misprint. Noticed Fremantle must have played the man again as Geelong had over 30 free kicks. Saw the umpires miss another when Johnson was grabbed & had his jumper torn. He never had the ball. Should have been paid one. Thats if everyone is watching Crowley. Freo should have won if Ballantyne had kicked a couple. Is he really a down hill skier? CHEERS

What position is Fremantle in the ladder you used to check?

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51654

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I watched this game. I thought Freo were terribly reckless in the first half particularly with their tackling. They went in too high on so many occasions and the ump penalised them accordingly. I wasn't surprised by the free kick count based on that. It was like they were too highly strung and were trying too hard. They need to be smarter when tackling and it doesn't help when the Cats are already good at drawing kicks.

in the end they probably should have won, but didn't. The cats were better for 3 quarters no doubt, that was the difference. Regardless the dockers will still finish in the top four even if they lose to the Hawks. I think Port are running on empty.

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51655

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I don't think the problem was with the kicks they got, it was more the ones that we didn't. Pavlich has been murdered by the umpires for ever and how many times do you see Sandilands grabbed, pushed, arms knocked etc and no free kicks although he did get one he shouldn't have. The umpires admitted that Freo should have received at least 4 more kicks and Geelong had at least one too many.

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51658

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I think supporters in general think their key players should get free kicks everytime the ball is within a 10 metre radius. Pavlich went to ground a bit too easy on many occasions on Saturday night. I don't know why but the ump was having none of it.

Did Geelong beat Fremantle 9 years 7 months ago #51659

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We all have an opinion don't we.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 209 guests and 3 members online

• Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr