Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164172

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

gtrxuone wrote: This is a disaster for the LNP.JB is just not a high profile woman in the party .One of the few.Shes also very good at raising money for the party.ALP will probably out spend the LNP $3 to $1 at the next federal election. Given that at least 10% of voters are swing voters,thats huge.

Yep and she took Curtin from 44 to 65% Liberal..that will take a big hit this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164173

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Bazza wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: This is a disaster for the LNP.JB is just not a high profile woman in the party .One of the few.Shes also very good at raising money for the party.ALP will probably out spend the LNP $3 to $1 at the next federal election. Given that at least 10% of voters are swing voters,thats huge.

Yep and she took Curtin from 44 to 65% Liberal..that will take a big hit this year.

Baz Scomo had his best week at PM last week.Big spike in the polls and Labour exposed on Border Protection. Which is a huge thing in places like Wa+Queensland.He couldn't afford to lose one of his best operators at this point.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164176

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
To be honest she hasn't really fired a shot since Turnbull got rolled. If she was motoring on all cylinders on the front bench getting stuck into the rabble across the table I'd say yes...it will hurt ScoMo big time but given she's been sitting on the back benches watching the world go by suggests to me it's probably a good point to move on so they can bring someone in with fire in their belly.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164180

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: To be honest she hasn't really fired a shot since Turnbull got rolled. If she was motoring on all cylinders on the front bench getting stuck into the rabble across the table I'd say yes...it will hurt ScoMo big time but given she's been sitting on the back benches watching the world go by suggests to me it's probably a good point to move on so they can bring someone in with fire in their belly.

Yeah, once she lost the front bench job became a back bencher then naturally she took a low profile, at least she hasn't done an Abbott and tossed grenades around. BC it was pretty obvious to me at the last change of leadership that she was looking to bow out, a decent time as you say, that being said its yet another loss of talent and fund raising bad for us as well , If Porter goes that leaves us with Corman as our states front man..lol

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164181

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Baz Scomo had his best week at PM last week.Big spike in the polls and Labour exposed on Border Protection. Which is a huge thing in places like Wa+Queensland.He couldn't afford to lose one of his best operators at this point.

The announcement wasn't bad , it killed the Helloworld shambles,

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164186

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: To be honest she hasn't really fired a shot since Turnbull got rolled. If she was motoring on all cylinders on the front bench getting stuck into the rabble across the table I'd say yes...it will hurt ScoMo big time but given she's been sitting on the back benches watching the world go by suggests to me it's probably a good point to move on so they can bring someone in with fire in their belly.

Yeah, once she lost the front bench job became a back bencher then naturally she took a low profile, at least she hasn't done an Abbott and tossed grenades around. BC it was pretty obvious to me at the last change of leadership that she was looking to bow out, a decent time as you say, that being said its yet another loss of talent and fund raising bad for us as well , If Porter goes that leaves us with Corman as our states front man..lol

Cormann, the country's finance man and yet he apparently didn't even know he hadn't been charged on his credit card statement. Lying arseholes the lot of them.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164191

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Looking at the margins in this article:

www.abc.net.au/news/elections/federal-redistribution-2018/

I would suggest that Wyatt (2.1%), Porter & Irons (both 3.6%) are in a world of trouble. To a lesser extent, whoever gets the Liberal (sic) nod in Stirling, as Keenan was a pretty popular local member.

Although his lack of candour (ie bullshiit) over the AWU raids could/should cost his mob a few votes. :unsure:

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164235

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
I see the Libs (sic) have selected a bloke to stand in Stirling.

The other 4 candidates were women.

How predictable.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164238

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
As per the stoning sketch in Monty Pythons "Life of Brian" all Liberal women seeking pre-selection should put on false beards and speak in a deep voice.

" Are there any women here?"
"No No no no"

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 1 month ago #164240

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

jackspratt wrote: I see the Libs (sic) have selected a bloke to stand in Stirling.

The other 4 candidates were women.

How predictable.

"The bloke" is an outstanding candidate with a military background. I would suggest that's just what this country needs, not soft sympathetic bleeding hearts. Leave those for Labor. The day we start putting women in as preferred selections for the sake of having more women in parliament and because parties think that gives them a better chance of victory then we as a country are in trouble.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 481 guests and 2 members online

• Whitey
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog