Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163638

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
You have got to be fucking kidding me? After Fiona Stanley blow outs, Perth Children's Hospital fiascos, now we have to put up with this shit? West Australian government get your fucking shit together and get these monkeys off the underground rail project and get people who know what the fuck they are doing. Apologies for the language but in this case it is WARRANTED.

An illiterate had to write a note warning other workers about impending danger. How in the hell is this allowed to happen in this day and age? Is Rita Saffioti the right person to oversee important public transport infrastructure works? This is happening on her watch.

www.perthnow.com.au/news/perth/paper-thi...rkers-ng-b881099401z
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163642

• The Major
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

DD wrote: You have got to be fucking kidding me? After Fiona Stanley blow outs, Perth Children's Hospital fiascos, now we have to put up with this shit? West Australian government get your fucking shit together and get these monkeys off the underground rail project and get people who know what the fuck they are doing. Apologies for the language but in this case it is WARRANTED.

An illiterate had to write a note warning other workers about impending danger. How in the hell is this allowed to happen in this day and age? Is Rita Saffioti the right person to oversee important public transport infrastructure works? This is happening on her watch.

Its not her fault DD it is the people that are overseeing the project and those reporting to her. WorkSafe has also been hampered to a degree because of political interference.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163648

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Major I think it was the McGowan government that awarded the contract wasn't it to build the airport rail link and there was controversy about the low rates of pay on this project. Seems to me a classic case of the contractor or contractors using the cheapest workforce possible to maximise their profits. As a result they are cutting corners and the end result will be this will hold up the rest of the McGowan governments Metronet plans.
Get on your bike.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163649

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

DD wrote: Major I think it was the McGowan government that awarded the contract wasn't it to build the airport rail link and there was controversy about the low rates of pay on this project. Seems to me a classic case of the contractor or contractors using the cheapest workforce possible to maximise their profits. As a result they are cutting corners and the end result will be this will hold up the rest of the McGowan governments Metronet plans.

DD it was the Barnett Government was in power when the contract went to the Italian company.Siteworks started before Sneakers took office.But I think the contract was awarded by the Feds who put up 80% of the money.Similar to all the major roadworks around the airport.This might Canberra's f-upp.But do agree this Government in Wa is not doing much of anything in a hurry atm.

Non English speaking 457 workers there. And still all over Perth in all types of construction .Is a problem for the State government.They did make a comittment to remove all 457 's .Apart from farming + health industry. When they took office.As there is plenty of local unemployed workers available to do the work.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163696

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

DD wrote: You have got to be fucking kidding me? After Fiona Stanley blow outs, Perth Children's Hospital fiascos, now we have to put up with this shit? West Australian government get your fucking shit together and get these monkeys off the underground rail project and get people who know what the fuck they are doing. Apologies for the language but in this case it is WARRANTED.

I watched a 4 part doco on SBS recently about the history and contruction of the London Underground and it really highlighted that we are a century behind in this country in contructing things like this
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163699

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Yeah I saw that as well mate a good doco, it is amazing to think the tube was all built over 150 years ago.
I dont think the Perth Underground had anywhere near as many issues as this current airport underground tunnel.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163707

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
While governments have to be mindful of the tax payers dollars, what recent building f**kups have shown us is that construction companies cannot be trusted, so there needs to be far more stringent Government oversight and OH & S powers to make sure these worksites are safe and that the finished product is not a construction lemon. After reading some of these reports of construction & safety shorcuts I'm not sure I'll be comfortable using the tunnel.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163836

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
This project has gone into chaos today.The boring\ drilling machien has broken down again.So the work has stopped again.The boring head snapped of the driveshaft about a fortnight ago.They tried to weld it back on but it didn't work.
The State Government is considering buying the drillers.Fixing them up properly and leasing them back to Salini.And then use them for other future projects. Given this state has one of the largest mining industries in the world.They should have no problem finding some mining service company to fix the driller..
Tunnelling under Perth is very tricky.Because of all the different soil + ground conditions. Main contractor Salini wants an additional 30 m dollars .It could take up to 8 weeks to fix this machine.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163838

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Mate...if the poms and frogs can do the chunnel then surely this mob should be able to get the job done without too much fuss.

Perth Airport Train Link DISASTER 5 years 1 month ago #163844

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
The Fremantle Traffic Bridge needs urgent replacement as well.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 266 guests and 4 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync