Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159257

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Given Winx is trying for her 4th win in the Cox Plate I thought it would be interesting to see where they would rate Winx.

Personally my view is that Winx is behind Phar Lap and Kingston Town as the best thoroughbred ever to race in Australasia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159258

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Like Takeover Target the British Press has labeld Winx a phony.Claiming all the Australian Group 1 wins are substandard compared to races in Europe.Needs to beat the overseas challenger's today.
Would be good to race overseas and win like Phar Lap did in Mexico.
Have Winx a tie for 3rd with MkDiva in Au racing history atm.

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159259

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gtrxuone wrote: Like Takeover Target the British Press has labeld Winx a phony.Claiming all the Australian Group 1 wins are substandard compared to races in Europe.Needs to beat the overseas challenger's today.

Which horses are one and two.

This year's Cox Plate is disappointing in terms of numbers that will certainly play into Winx's mode of racing. I think the best way to beat Winx today would be to take of about the 1600-1400 metre mark and to get 5 to10 lengths in front and to make it a true staying contest that is more akin to a 2400m+ race.

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159260

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

swan42 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Like Takeover Target the British Press has labeld Winx a phony.Claiming all the Australian Group 1 wins are substandard compared to races in Europe.Needs to beat the overseas challenger's today.

Which horses are one and two.

This year's Cox Plate is disappointing in terms of numbers that will certainly play into Winx's mode of racing. I think the best way to beat Winx today would be to take of about the 1600-1400 metre mark and to get 5 to10 lengths in front and to make it a true staying contest that is more akin to a 2400m+ race.

1.Phar Lap 2.Kingston Town

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159261

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
42 havent you already posted this topic previously?????
No change in my opinion from that last time this was brought up on here in that Winx is racing in the worst era of racing (wfa) I have seen in my 40 years of following.
She is a top quality mare dont get me wrong (28 wins in a row) but she is racing against donkeys to be honest!
She would probably be in my Top 10 but I would have Northerly, Phar Lap, Kingston Town, Makybe Diva, Tulloch, Rising Fast, Tobin Bronze, Might and Power ahead of her. She would be fighting with the likes of Black Caviar, Manikato, Lord, Ajax, Hydrogen et al for the last couple of spots in that 10.
Compare this years extremely ordinary Cox Plate field with those from the-
Northerly era in the early 2000s,
Better Loosen Up era in the early 90s,
KT era of the early 80s,
Bonecrusher/Our Waverley Star race in 86

There is no comparison in the class difference probably akin to the comparison of the WAFL from 1980 to the WAFL in 2018!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159267

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Anything coming out of an english person mouth abt anything Australian is always going to be 'ours is better yours is weaker', interestingly I have not seen any of the Arabs or Irish make similar comments and I trust them more in theIr opinions.

Stayer - Mka Diva
Middle - Winx
Sprint - Northerly

Overall - Kingston Town

I did not Phar lap but the record is great and I think comparing era's is hard given improvements in training medicine and bi carb refinement.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159269

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote: Anything coming out of an english person mouth abt anything Australian is always going to be 'ours is better yours is weaker', interestingly I have not seen any of the Arabs or Irish make similar comments and I trust them more in theIr opinions.

Stayer - Mka Diva
Middle - Winx
Sprint - Northerly

Overall - Kingston Town

I did not Phar lap but the record is great and I think comparing era's is hard given improvements in training medicine and bi carb refinement.

Could you imagine any other horse winning on the Saturday before the Melbourne Cup, the Melbourne Cup on the Tuesday, winning on the Thursday and then on the Saturday?

Last edit: by swan42.

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159271

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Also 42 the moronic Australian media need to be pulled up that 28 wins in a row is not a world record winning streak (as I have heard repeatedly on TV, radio & social) in fact it is not even an Australian record....our very own West Aussie champion pacer San Simeon won his first 29 starts in a row!

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159272

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: Also 42 the moronic Australian media need to be pulled up that 28 wins in a row is not a world record winning streak (as I have heard repeatedly on TV, radio & social) in fact it is not even an Australian record....our very own West Aussie champion pacer San Simeon won his first 29 starts in a row!

A Hungarian thoroughbred, Kincsem, won 54 out of 54.

Winx: where would you rate her? 5 years 5 months ago #159275

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Also 42 the moronic Australian media need to be pulled up that 28 wins in a row is not a world record winning streak (as I have heard repeatedly on TV, radio & social) in fact it is not even an Australian record....our very own West Aussie champion pacer San Simeon won his first 29 starts in a row!

A Hungarian thoroughbred, Kincsem, won 54 out of 54.

Can you please inform the Australian media of this fact 42 as they seem blissfully ignorantly unaware that Winx does not have a world record winning streak atm!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 339 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes