Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156188

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Fantastic to see some common sense prevail over there in blundersville.
Apparently when the age of 67 is reached in 2023, it will stop there.
www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/telev...90e41489c-1536100413
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156193

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Heard this story reported two times today.First story was a captain's call from the new Priminister.Second story was a decision made by cabinet. How ever it came about the new PM will be in the sights of Tony Abbot,stay tuned.

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156202

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Why would anyone believe anything that comes from Morrison et al? Let's not forget that T Abbott said there would be NO CUTS to the ABC. He lied.

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156211

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
One word Sean...Juliar...and as far as the left leaning ABC goes it should be cut completely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, Bazza

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156212

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The ABC is here to stay despite the one-time Australian Murdoch having a dummy spit. What sort of despicable human beings are the Liberals to propose that tradies should have to work to 70 before they can get the pension? Those same Liberal politicians should be forced to work as a brickies' labourer for a month.

Very few people are going to fall for Morrison's back flips especially as Desperate Dutton gets more and more ensnared in the au pair scandal.

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156218

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Its raised to 67 now for those born after a certain year. and wasnt Keatings plan with compulsory Super supposed to keep people off the old age pension.? Cant see why making it 70 is any big deal.

As for tradies , they are making more money than anyone now got heaps of super and if a crook back happens they all just go on the DSP at 55.

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156231

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

swan42 wrote: The ABC is here to stay despite the one-time Australian Murdoch having a dummy spit. What sort of despicable human beings are the Liberals to propose that tradies should have to work to 70 before they can get the pension? Those same Liberal politicians should be forced to work as a brickies' labourer for a month.

Very few people are going to fall for Morrison's back flips especially as Desperate Dutton gets more and more ensnared in the au pair scandal.

Sad Sack is not just a comic character, he actually lives!!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156232

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Ever swung an axe, dug a ditch, laid concrete, buitl brick walls, tiled roofs.
These type of workers could not do the job at 70.Easy for fat shiny arsed pollies to say let them work until they are 70.

a/man we aren't usually on the same side but on this one we are. Perhaps Bazza should join those Liberals and work as a brickies' labourer for a month and to place Gavin Taylor who is due the same amount of contempt can join Bazza as well.

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156233

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: Ever swung an axe, dug a ditch, laid concrete, buitl brick walls, tiled roofs.
These type of workers could not do the job at 70.Easy for fat shiny arsed pollies to say let them work until they are 70.

I agree with you anchor. I’m nearly 67 and plan to work to 70, simply because I love my job. Had I not left my trade years ago for an office based job, there would have been no way I could have nor wanted to go on on to 70. What about people who have leg, knee or back problems etc?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

70 too far.... 5 years 6 months ago #156240

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

This is the key point that the self appointed experts on this topic neglect time and time again. To people who do these roles and others similar then it actually is a big deal.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 301 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL