Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154382

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Will Winx become the second best horse to race in Australasia in the past 50 years behind Kingston Town?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154387

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Amazing stuff really, as I'm lead to believe Winx is 7 years old?
Apparently has won 26 consecutive races.

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154462

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
You can only beat what you are up against and so Winx has done that easily but the standard of horseflesh she is running against is as poor as I have witnessed in my 40 years following the races not even in the same hemisphere as the Northerly era for quality!

By the way to the supposed "expert racing commentators/journalists/social media types" for your information Winx's supposed record of 26 wins in a row is for gallopers only.....former West Aussie champion pacer San Simeon won his first 29 starts in a row!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154466

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: You can only beat what you are up against and so Winx has done that easily but the standard of horseflesh she is running against is as poor as I have witnessed in my 40 years following the races not even in the same hemisphere as the Northerly era for quality!

By the way Winx's supposed record of 26 wins in a row is for gallopers only.....former West Aussie champion pacer San Simeon won his first 29 starts in a row!

I was speaking of thoroughbreds not standardbreds. The best standardbred I have seen is Mount Eden. What is also signigicant is the compressed weight scales compared to the days of Kingston Town.

Historically, unequivocally the best horse in Australasia is Phar Lap.

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154468

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I wasnt talking about you 42 more the clowns in the media both electronic & social who believe 26 wins in a row is supposedly a "world record" I heard one comment these clowns wouldnt have a clue what has happened in the past re race records, winning streaks etc....they only live in the now!

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154471

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: I wasnt talking about you 42 more the clowns in the media both electronic & social who believe 26 wins in a row is supposedly a "world record" I heard one comment these clowns wouldnt have a clue what has happened in the past re race records, winning streaks etc....they only live in the now!

What uninformed journalists. Surely not? Except for the hacks who write about hockey once every 4 years. The absolute crap spoken about a tennis player conserving their energy during a match by letting a set slide from 4-0. Journalists writing that player X was coming to club Y or player A was leaving club B. etc. etc. etc.

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154473

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: I wasnt talking about you 42 more the clowns in the media both electronic & social who believe 26 wins in a row is supposedly a "world record" I heard one comment these clowns wouldnt have a clue what has happened in the past re race records, winning streaks etc....they only live in the now!

What uninformed journalists. Surely not? Except for the hacks who write about hockey once every 4 years. The absolute crap spoken about a tennis player conserving their energy during a match by letting a set slide from 4-0. Journalists writing that player X was coming to club Y or player A was leaving club B. etc. etc. etc.

Is there another "profession" as this where you can be completely incorrect consistently and still able to keep your job???

Winx to become the 2nd best horse in last 50 yrs? 5 years 7 months ago #154480

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

Beasley Hutton wrote: Is there another "profession" as this where you can be completely incorrect consistently and still able to keep your job???

POTUS? :unsure:

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 324 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL