Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Thai rescue underway 5 years 8 months ago #151502

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Anyone see 4 corners last night?

Great show..really got to see how hard this all was..its sounded like a nightmare.

It was interesting to hear from the US team on the show, we didn't hear much from them during the rescue ..I did a bit of research after the show, they had the biggest team there besides the Thais of course, a team of 36 from the Pacific Operations Team which was the biggest contribution, we had 20.

Amazing the pumps came from all over the world, one came from the Czechs.

Just an incredible story...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thai rescue underway 5 years 8 months ago #151506

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Yep... saw it mate...and btw...thanks 42 for the heads up that it was on last night. how important were the poms in the first instance, then the yanks and finally and critically the aussies. I knew they'd sedated the boys but didn't realise Harris pretty much knocked them out completely....amazing stuff.

Thai rescue underway 5 years 8 months ago #151513

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: Yep... saw it mate...and btw...thanks 42 for the heads up that it was on last night. how important were the poms in the first instance, then the yanks and finally and critically the aussies. I knew they'd sedated the boys but didn't realise Harris pretty much knocked them out completely....amazing stuff.

My pleasure BC I was fortunate to be alerted to it by a work colleague. I would recommend it to anyone who missed it. I expect it would be available via ABC's iview.

Thai rescue underway 5 years 8 months ago #151517

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote: Yep... saw it mate...and btw...thanks 42 for the heads up that it was on last night. how important were the poms in the first instance, then the yanks and finally and critically the aussies. I knew they'd sedated the boys but didn't realise Harris pretty much knocked them out completely....amazing stuff.

Yep, this cave diving is a bit of a thing in Britain as a hobby, ( goodness knows why) pot holing I think they call it. its typical excentric thing that the Brits like, its spread around a bit and has a following here as well, I think the Australian divers were off to the Nullabor Plain to explore pot holes and caves when they got the call.

Thai rescue underway 5 years 8 months ago #151819

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For those who have been interested in this story, they might like to check this link out of the artists' huge mural to honour those involved in the rescue:

www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-44898364

Thai rescue underway 5 years 8 months ago #152289

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 414 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL