Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145615

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Well if anyone had any doubts the AFL is not a Victorian run competition you only had to tune into the opening segment of The Footy Show tonight and you would have been witness to the most selfish display of arrogance I've ever had the misfortune to witness by one Edward McGuire. The bloke couldn't contain his delight at what he calls a red-letter day, one of the biggest days in AFL history blah blah fucking blah announcing a deal between the AFL and the Victorian government that will see the AFL GF stay at the MCG until at least 2057.

McGuire himself admitted after being outed by Sam Newman that he has been behind this plan for the last two years because he was "Fearful" that other states such as WA and SA were going to try and take the Grand Final away from Melbourne.

I could go on but I will give credit to Sam Newman, Shane Crawford and Brendan Fevola in particular who exposed Eddie for being in this up to his neck and Fevola for having the guts to question why a GF shouldn't be played in another state because "it is a national competition". Eddie's smug reply was, from 2058 they can.

Eddie said the Victorian clubs will benefit to the tune of about 2 million a year and there would be "sweeteners for the interstate clubs" such as extra flights for interstate teams that make the GF and drum roll.......... interstate teams will be able to train on the MCG. WOWWWWWWW

What an absolute disgrace this is. Eddie was so excited he said whatever Gill McLachlan was being paid it should be trebled because he ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Grump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145616

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Well said
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145618

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Are you actually surprised by this DD?
It is why I and many others who follow football do not want a bar of the vfl as that is all it still is!

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145619

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
It's an idiot show so why watch it. I dont. It is demeaning.Watch it long enough & you become an idiot.

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145641

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Leather Stops wrote: It's an idiot show so why watch it. I dont. It is demeaning.Watch it long enough & you become an idiot.

Agree entirely, don't watch the show.

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145642

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And McGuire said the MCC will build a new Great Southern Stand which will mean significantly reduced capacity over probably a couple of years at least not to mention it will be an eye sore. There will be a compelling argument during that time for the grand final to be moved to Perth or Adelaide particularly if either state has a team participating in the GF and don't discount the very real possibility of one day both teams in Perth and Adelaide playing off in the GF against one another. That very nearly happened in 2015 before Fremantle fell away.
Get on your bike.

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145643

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

Leather Stops wrote: It's an idiot show so why watch it. I dont. It is demeaning.Watch it long enough & you become an idiot.

Agree entirely, don't watch the show.

Quite incredible on such a significant story that all a couple of posters on here can come up with is "I don't watch the show".
Get on your bike.

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145646

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Are you actually surprised by this DD?
It is why I and many others who follow football do not want a bar of the vfl as that is all it still is!

I understand where you are coming from BH but I just love to watch the best and unfortunately that is the AFL. Maybe if my WAFL side was a competitive force in the competition that might satisfy my appetite for football but unfortunately that is not the case.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145662

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Get on your bike.

Eddie McGuire /AFL Disgrace 6 years 1 week ago #145663

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Other component not mentioned is the $500 Million being given to grassroots football in Victoria as part of this deal

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 224 guests and 2 members online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog