Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138054

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Oh well a clear win for the Yes vote, thanks for letting us have a say.

I was a no voter but willing to accept the result, lets just get if off the agenda and move on.

Interesting where the no vote was at its strongest, Western Sydney in the Islamic and Chinese seats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138057

• Viper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 59
Waste of money. I think we all knew the result was inevitable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138060

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
With an 80% participation rate I think it was a huge success and a good example of direct democracy , something that should be used more into the future. Its clear Australians like the idea of direct democracy.

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138063

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249

Bazza wrote: With an 80% participation rate I think it was a huge success and a good example of direct democracy , something that should be used more into the future. Its clear Australians like the idea of direct democracy.

You have been in the sun too long - all rational and reasonable thought is completely beyond you.

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138066

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Bazza wrote: With an 80% participation rate I think it was a huge success and a good example of direct democracy , something that should be used more into the future. Its clear Australians like the idea of direct democracy.

Agree Baz...and it's probably because we don't trust our politicians to make decisions in the best interests of your average punter or to accurately represent the mood of the electorate. I for one, think pollies look after themselves before they consider the general public...and that goes for both sides of the political spectrum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138070

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
the issue is with all the people in the Liberal party that didnt support the Yes vote, not Malcolm Turnbull, they cant agree on a position as a party and are all trying to undermine each other.

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138071

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Rubbish. This plebiscite was all about an impotent PM bending over to the religious right to shore up his position, at a cost of 100 million. This is something that could have easily been done by the parliament that has been elected to make decisions like this. That 100 million would have been handy for Education, Health or even bringing the budget closer to surplus. Abbotts cronies are not finished with this yet either proposing legislation that will make it lawful to actively discriminate against same sex couples in the name of "Human Rights"

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138076

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ti Em wrote:

You have been in the sun too long - all rational and reasonable thought is completely beyond you.

WTF - 80% of people participated it was the highest non compulsory participation of any western democracy on a like issue , for example in Ireland only 60% voted - your the one being irrational , clearly and overwhelmingly Australians wanted to participate...get some facts before talking crap.

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138077

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: the issue is with all the people in the Liberal party that didnt support the Yes vote, not Malcolm Turnbull, they cant agree on a position as a party and are all trying to undermine each other.

Results from NSW Labor-held electorates:

BARTON - Linda Burney 56.4% NO

BLAXLAND - Jason Clare 73.9% NO

CHIFLEY - Ed Husic 58.7% NO

FOWLER - Chris Hayes 63.7% NO

GREENWAY - Michelle Rowland 53.6% NO

McMAHON - Chris Bowen 64.9% NO

PARRAMATTA - Julie Owens 61.6% NO

WATSON - Tony Burke 69.6% NO

WERRIWA - Ann Stanley 63.7% NO

Yes gets up 6 years 4 months ago #138078

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote:

Rubbish. This plebiscite was all about an impotent PM bending over to the religious right to shore up his position, at a cost of 100 million. This is something that could have easily been done by the parliament that has been elected to make decisions like this. That 100 million would have been handy for Education, Health or even bringing the budget closer to surplus. Abbotts cronies are not finished with this yet either proposing legislation that will make it lawful to actively discriminate against same sex couples in the name of "Human Rights"

That would all be true except he took it to the election front and centre. Vote for me and you get to have a say vote for Bill and parliament does, he won - we had a say, yes won done and dusted, move on.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 268 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes