Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136786

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger Tales wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Tiger Tales wrote: When was the last time the Australian Cricket team or a player pulled out of a match because they were behind in the first innings or at drinks break in a one dayer and thought they weren’t getting the right calls from the umpire?

Has it ever happened?

Kyrgios deserves all the criticism he gets and every cent he got fined.

TT a response I expected. I will just give His Holiness a call so he can put in train the process for the beatification of the Australian cricket team. It is mind-numbing how you won't acknowledge there have been MANY examples of appalling behaviour by members of the Australian cricket team in the past 2 decades.

Hi Swan42 you really do struggle to put forward a reasonable argument in most of your posts so I’ve taken pity on you and will help you out...take particular note of points 2 & 3 as this is where you fall down most often.
The five basic steps in argumentative structures are as follows:
1. Introduction.
Express your message and why it's important to your audience, as well as yourself.
2. Statement of fact.
Break down the general thesis of your argument into smaller parts. This is where you name reasons why the current issue exists.
3. Confirmation, or proof.
Craft your main argument here, as well as reasons why your argument is a successful one.
4. Refutation.
Acknowledge your opposition, giving some credence to their argument, before challenging their point-of-view.
5. Conclusion.
Wrap up your main points of your argument and give instructions on what you want your audience to do or think.

Perhaps you might like to consult a dictionary so YOU UNDERSTAND the meaning of the following and I quote:

"Selective is the word I would use. Of the posters who have commented on this thread how many have condemned or criticised any poor behaviour of the Australian cricket team ?"

I didn't suggest that the Australian cricket team had walked off the field.

Given I said ANY poor behaviour it does make your post pretty silly.

Also, I noticed you don't appear to have checked Fabio Fognini's latest sanction. Perhaps you might like to check out whether A Zverev smashed a racquet during his match against Del Potro today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136787

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
I had to look again at the subject of this thread - did you, 42?

It is about a tennis player, not a cricketer ............. instead of conflating, or diverting, why don't you start a thread about the bad behaviour of the Oz cricket team?

And then those who are interested enough can cast their pearls of wisdom on whichever of the respective threads they wish.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136792

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876
We should all probably stop giving this Neville Nobody and his deadbeat mate any air time as he is just that and that is in a sport that has little relevance in this country anymore!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136801

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: We should all probably stop giving this Neville Nobody and his deadbeat mate any air time as he is just that and that is in a sport that has little relevance in this country anymore!

BH you are deluding yourself if you don't think that tennis has any relevance to Australia any more. Please see link below that puts the economic benefit to Victoria for the 2016 Australian Open at $278.1 million.

economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/victorian...-the-australian-open

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136810

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: We should all probably stop giving this Neville Nobody and his deadbeat mate any air time as he is just that and that is in a sport that has little relevance in this country anymore!

BH you are deluding yourself if you don't think that tennis has any relevance to Australia any more. Please see link below that puts the economic benefit to Victoria for the 2016 Australian Open at $278.1 million.

How many Australians really care about Tennis day to day week to week 42?
Stuff all I would suggest!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136814

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

How many Australians really care about Tennis day to day week to week 42?
Stuff all I would suggest!

Changed your tack I see.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 5 years 2 months ago #164537

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1359
Well Nick the Prick has surprised everyone so far in the Mexico Open. Match just started in the final up against Zerev. Knocked off Sepi, Nadal, Wawrinka and Isner along with way to the final.

That should get Swan42's juices going. Goes to show what he can do if he decides to apply himself. Pity he can't do that consistently, especially in Australia.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 5 years 2 months ago #164540

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
He's a very very good tennis player but whats between his ears and on the left side of his chest too often let him down.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 5 years 2 months ago #164569

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1359
He won the final easy but this was a three set tournament so he's basically playing sheilas tennis which is right up his alley. Let's see how he goes in the slams backing up after a tough 4 or 5 setter. That's when that heart gets tested. He can probably still make a nice living playing these types of tournaments.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leather Stops

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 543 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • premiership hangover
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog