OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 263 guests and 5 members online

  • 30plusyeardrought
  • Dazzler
  • Freezin
  • Royals78

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Chook
  • CanningTiges2018
  • West Coast AFC
  • Swans29
  • Cougars01
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...

TOPIC: Is Nick Kyrgios for real

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 1 week 4 days ago #136786

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4996
  • Thank you received: 495

Tiger Tales wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Tiger Tales wrote: When was the last time the Australian Cricket team or a player pulled out of a match because they were behind in the first innings or at drinks break in a one dayer and thought they weren’t getting the right calls from the umpire?

Has it ever happened?

Kyrgios deserves all the criticism he gets and every cent he got fined.


TT a response I expected. I will just give His Holiness a call so he can put in train the process for the beatification of the Australian cricket team. It is mind-numbing how you won't acknowledge there have been MANY examples of appalling behaviour by members of the Australian cricket team in the past 2 decades.


Hi Swan42 you really do struggle to put forward a reasonable argument in most of your posts so I’ve taken pity on you and will help you out...take particular note of points 2 & 3 as this is where you fall down most often.
The five basic steps in argumentative structures are as follows:
1. Introduction.
Express your message and why it's important to your audience, as well as yourself.
2. Statement of fact.
Break down the general thesis of your argument into smaller parts. This is where you name reasons why the current issue exists.
3. Confirmation, or proof.
Craft your main argument here, as well as reasons why your argument is a successful one.
4. Refutation.
Acknowledge your opposition, giving some credence to their argument, before challenging their point-of-view.
5. Conclusion.
Wrap up your main points of your argument and give instructions on what you want your audience to do or think.


Perhaps you might like to consult a dictionary so YOU UNDERSTAND the meaning of the following and I quote:

"Selective is the word I would use. Of the posters who have commented on this thread how many have condemned or criticised any poor behaviour of the Australian cricket team ?"

I didn't suggest that the Australian cricket team had walked off the field.

Given I said ANY poor behaviour it does make your post pretty silly.

Also, I noticed you don't appear to have checked Fabio Fognini's latest sanction. Perhaps you might like to check out whether A Zverev smashed a racquet during his match against Del Potro today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 1 week 4 days ago #136787

  • jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 124
  • Thank you received: 33
I had to look again at the subject of this thread - did you, 42?

It is about a tennis player, not a cricketer ............. instead of conflating, or diverting, why don't you start a thread about the bad behaviour of the Oz cricket team?

And then those who are interested enough can cast their pearls of wisdom on whichever of the respective threads they wish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 1 week 4 days ago #136792

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5138
  • Thank you received: 928
We should all probably stop giving this Neville Nobody and his deadbeat mate any air time as he is just that and that is in a sport that has little relevance in this country anymore!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 1 week 4 days ago #136801

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4996
  • Thank you received: 495

Beasley Hutton wrote: We should all probably stop giving this Neville Nobody and his deadbeat mate any air time as he is just that and that is in a sport that has little relevance in this country anymore!


BH you are deluding yourself if you don't think that tennis has any relevance to Australia any more. Please see link below that puts the economic benefit to Victoria for the 2016 Australian Open at $278.1 million.

economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/victorian...-the-australian-open

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 1 week 4 days ago #136810

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5138
  • Thank you received: 928

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: We should all probably stop giving this Neville Nobody and his deadbeat mate any air time as he is just that and that is in a sport that has little relevance in this country anymore!


BH you are deluding yourself if you don't think that tennis has any relevance to Australia any more. Please see link below that puts the economic benefit to Victoria for the 2016 Australian Open at $278.1 million.

economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/victorian...-the-australian-open

How many Australians really care about Tennis day to day week to week 42?
Stuff all I would suggest!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 1 week 4 days ago #136814

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4996
  • Thank you received: 495

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: We should all probably stop giving this Neville Nobody and his deadbeat mate any air time as he is just that and that is in a sport that has little relevance in this country anymore!


BH you are deluding yourself if you don't think that tennis has any relevance to Australia any more. Please see link below that puts the economic benefit to Victoria for the 2016 Australian Open at $278.1 million.

economicdevelopment.vic.gov.au/victorian...-the-australian-open

How many Australians really care about Tennis day to day week to week 42?
Stuff all I would suggest!


Changed your tack I see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags