• mike stanley
  • bailzoop
  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: good riddance

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142343

• jackspratt
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Thank you received: 123
As a relative newcomer to the forum, I could understand that Club thread mods needed to maintain some discipline over their threads, to cut out the trolls.

However, posting (in my view) provocative posts on your own (modded) thread seemed to be inviting provocative responses - which has been compounded by the god-like power to delete anything you (as the mod) didn't like.

I seem to remember from the distant past of Goss that there was a mod on the Sth Freo thread who acted in a similar manner. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142350

• anchorman
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 227

BC wrote: A/man...banter includes criticism and a difference of opinion or train of thought which currently is not allowed on the Peel thread. If we could post stuff which doesn't line up with the views of RD and not get it deleted then maybe more posters would engage with him/her...but sadly that's not the case at present.

BC, I have never seen any attempt at banter on the Peel site.It is straight out attacks.There were people posting, but every time they posted they were howled down and called names.That to me is not banter.
"IF" we could post stuff that doesn't line up with RD..... it has never happened that it is constructive points.Always an attempt to ridicule either the Mod or the Peel team.
Every club has some banter , bar Peel.

29=353
S.O.F. The Brute,Michael Apeness
2x25= Seinor and Michael.
Last edit: by anchorman.

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142351

• anchorman
  • Veteran
  • Veteran

jackspratt wrote: As a relative newcomer to the forum, I could understand that Club thread mods needed to maintain some discipline over their threads, to cut out the trolls.

However, posting (in my view) provocative posts on your own (modded) thread seemed to be inviting provocative responses - which has been compounded by the god-like power to delete anything you (as the mod) didn't like.

I seem to remember from the distant past of Goss that there was a mod on the Sth Freo thread who acted in a similar manner. :(

I remember the Mod on the SFFC site, and I think you will find the mod constantly removed comments that were using crude language rather than provocative remarks. But on this site now the rude crude and vulgar language that was on Goss is not tolerated here.And thank goodness for that.

29=353

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142352

• BC
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 710
A/man...we can't post stuff that's not aligned with RD's point of view as he/she deletes it. Banter is whatever you want it to be but to delete anything that's remotely controversial or negative or even attacking as you put it is rubbish. A quick question....are you Rookie Draft in disguise?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142353

• anchorman
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
HAHA. Mate I am a Dockers supporter and like to see how the Dockers boys go.But no, I am not.I was asked to be a mod in the Dockers forum but refused.
I have seen the Peel site where posters have gone in and made deliberate attempts to gaod the Peel followers who used to be on here.
I just enjoy a site where we can talk footy. What happens in the Peel site is no attempt to talk footy.
Oh and I see both RD and myself are here, so I can't be him, as you can't run with two names here.

29=353
Last edit: by anchorman.

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142358

• swan42
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 739

anchorman wrote: HAHA. Mate I am a Dockers supporter and like to see how the Dockers boys go.But no, I am not.I was asked to be a mod in the Dockers forum but refused.
I have seen the Peel site where posters have gone in and made deliberate attempts to gaod the Peel followers who used to be on here.
I just enjoy a site where we can talk footy. What happens in the Peel site is no attempt to talk footy.
Oh and I see both RD and myself are here, so I can't be him, as you can't run with two names here.

A/man we have had our moments as a I have with BC. I would like to make two observations. I agree in principle with OFA's decision to appoint moderators to assist him in keeping order on this forum; a forum which offers the best way of keeping the WAFL in the mind of people. The second point is in RD's original post there were two parts to it. The second part was to wish everyone all the best for the festive season. If that had been the post then no problems removing posts not in the spirit of the original post. HOWEVER, the first part of the post was about Peel going for three consecutive GF wins. RD surely must have known that he would get a response from that part of the post. And as such within the parameters of the rules of this site (and I believe the posts in response fell within the remit of those rules) RD should have allowed the comments to remain.

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142359

• Peter North
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 176
Lol this again this type of moderation is what you get on all chat forums , so why should this site be any different, in fact posters in here are lucky they don't get banned more often.

And secondly wtf would a Peel supporter or any supporter want to read negative crap from other team supporters is beyond me, and before you say it we put up with on our sites , well that's up to your moderator to sort out.

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142366

• Bazza
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 626

BC wrote: A/man...we can't post stuff that's not aligned with RD's point of view as he/she deletes it. Banter is whatever you want it to be but to delete anything that's remotely controversial or negative or even attacking as you put it is rubbish. A quick question....are you Rookie Draft in disguise?

spot on BC, we have been through all this stuff before, over moderation by those that want to shut down any criticism or humour at all. The unfortunate result is as you say very few or worst still no posts or discussions at all, most of the club threads are pretty light on especially this time of the year, if this site has any hope of maintaining traffic and being viable with lively discussion then continuing down the path outlined will see it defunct.

Talking defunct what every happened to grassy?

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142371

• BC
  • Veteran
  • Veteran

swan42 wrote:

anchorman wrote: HAHA. Mate I am a Dockers supporter and like to see how the Dockers boys go.But no, I am not.I was asked to be a mod in the Dockers forum but refused.

A/man we have had our moments as a I have with BC. I would like to make two observations. I agree in principle with OFA's decision to appoint moderators to assist him in keeping order on this forum; a forum which offers the best way of keeping the WAFL in the mind of people. The second point is in RD's original post there were two parts to it. The second part was to wish everyone all the best for the festive season. If that had been the post then no problems removing posts not in the spirit of the original post. HOWEVER, the first part of the post was about Peel going for three consecutive GF wins. RD surely must have known that he would get a response from that part of the post. And as such within the parameters of the rules of this site (and I believe the posts in response fell within the remit of those rules) RD should have allowed the comments to remain.

Beautifully said 42...I couldn't have put it better myself.

Last edit: by BC.

good riddance 9 months 3 days ago #142372

• BC
  • Veteran
  • Veteran

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: A/man...we can't post stuff that's not aligned with RD's point of view as he/she deletes it. Banter is whatever you want it to be but to delete anything that's remotely controversial or negative or even attacking as you put it is rubbish. A quick question....are you Rookie Draft in disguise?

spot on BC, we have been through all this stuff before, over moderation by those that want to shut down any criticism or humour at all. The unfortunate result is as you say very few or worst still no posts or discussions at all, most of the club threads are pretty light on especially this time of the year, if this site has any hope of maintaining traffic and being viable with lively discussion then continuing down the path outlined will see it defunct.

Talking defunct what every happened to grassy?

grassy's gone mate....OFA took exception to some of the stuff he posted and after several warnings as I understand it has been banned.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags