Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142358

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: HAHA. Mate I am a Dockers supporter and like to see how the Dockers boys go.But no, I am not.I was asked to be a mod in the Dockers forum but refused.
I have seen the Peel site where posters have gone in and made deliberate attempts to gaod the Peel followers who used to be on here.
I just enjoy a site where we can talk footy. What happens in the Peel site is no attempt to talk footy.
Oh and I see both RD and myself are here, so I can't be him, as you can't run with two names here.

A/man we have had our moments as a I have with BC. I would like to make two observations. I agree in principle with OFA's decision to appoint moderators to assist him in keeping order on this forum; a forum which offers the best way of keeping the WAFL in the mind of people. The second point is in RD's original post there were two parts to it. The second part was to wish everyone all the best for the festive season. If that had been the post then no problems removing posts not in the spirit of the original post. HOWEVER, the first part of the post was about Peel going for three consecutive GF wins. RD surely must have known that he would get a response from that part of the post. And as such within the parameters of the rules of this site (and I believe the posts in response fell within the remit of those rules) RD should have allowed the comments to remain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142359

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lol this again this type of moderation is what you get on all chat forums , so why should this site be any different, in fact posters in here are lucky they don't get banned more often.

And secondly wtf would a Peel supporter or any supporter want to read negative crap from other team supporters is beyond me, and before you say it we put up with on our sites , well that's up to your moderator to sort out.

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142366

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: A/man...we can't post stuff that's not aligned with RD's point of view as he/she deletes it. Banter is whatever you want it to be but to delete anything that's remotely controversial or negative or even attacking as you put it is rubbish. A quick question....are you Rookie Draft in disguise?

spot on BC, we have been through all this stuff before, over moderation by those that want to shut down any criticism or humour at all. The unfortunate result is as you say very few or worst still no posts or discussions at all, most of the club threads are pretty light on especially this time of the year, if this site has any hope of maintaining traffic and being viable with lively discussion then continuing down the path outlined will see it defunct.

Talking defunct what every happened to grassy?

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142371

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

swan42 wrote:

anchorman wrote: HAHA. Mate I am a Dockers supporter and like to see how the Dockers boys go.But no, I am not.I was asked to be a mod in the Dockers forum but refused.
I have seen the Peel site where posters have gone in and made deliberate attempts to gaod the Peel followers who used to be on here.
I just enjoy a site where we can talk footy. What happens in the Peel site is no attempt to talk footy.
Oh and I see both RD and myself are here, so I can't be him, as you can't run with two names here.

A/man we have had our moments as a I have with BC. I would like to make two observations. I agree in principle with OFA's decision to appoint moderators to assist him in keeping order on this forum; a forum which offers the best way of keeping the WAFL in the mind of people. The second point is in RD's original post there were two parts to it. The second part was to wish everyone all the best for the festive season. If that had been the post then no problems removing posts not in the spirit of the original post. HOWEVER, the first part of the post was about Peel going for three consecutive GF wins. RD surely must have known that he would get a response from that part of the post. And as such within the parameters of the rules of this site (and I believe the posts in response fell within the remit of those rules) RD should have allowed the comments to remain.

Beautifully said 42...I couldn't have put it better myself.

Last edit: by BC.

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142372

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: A/man...we can't post stuff that's not aligned with RD's point of view as he/she deletes it. Banter is whatever you want it to be but to delete anything that's remotely controversial or negative or even attacking as you put it is rubbish. A quick question....are you Rookie Draft in disguise?

spot on BC, we have been through all this stuff before, over moderation by those that want to shut down any criticism or humour at all. The unfortunate result is as you say very few or worst still no posts or discussions at all, most of the club threads are pretty light on especially this time of the year, if this site has any hope of maintaining traffic and being viable with lively discussion then continuing down the path outlined will see it defunct.

grassy's gone mate....OFA took exception to some of the stuff he posted and after several warnings as I understand it has been banned.

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142376

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
We have been through this stuff many times and everyone knows the rules. Moderators are appointed to moderate their club boards and have the power to delete anything that they want. The general and bar boards give people ample opportunity to discuss controversial topics. This website gives a lot more freedom to make comments than other blog sites that I have contributed to. If you don't like the way people moderate their boards, simple, keep away and put your comments elsewhere. Just because some tosser throws his toys out of the cot because he was deleted doesnt mean that that the rules are wrong.

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142377

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
agree with what you're saying Mike but when you get enough posters complaining about the same thing then maybe the Mod is the tosser.

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142380

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Just wish those moderating had consistency....but hey each to their own.....

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142381

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote:

Bazza wrote:

grassy's gone mate....OFA took exception to some of the stuff he posted and after several warnings as I understand it has been banned.

Haha sort of guessed that...no surprise really, same reason 6pr have banned him.

good riddance 6 years 2 months ago #142382

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: agree with what you're saying Mike but when you get enough posters complaining about the same thing then maybe the Mod is the tosser.

That's it in a nutshell

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 204 guests and one member online

• satan311

Newest Footy Recruits

• Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA
  • SteveRep