• the observer
  • SFCdiehard
  • crows
  • Gosnells Football Club
  • mike stanley
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Jan 2019
Memories From Yesteryear....Darren Klemm(Claremont)
Read More...

TOPIC: Ozfooty updates

Ozfooty updates 6 days 22 hours ago #162649

• BC
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 774
Fair enough... that's your call although I do recall others being banned from time to time and on their return making positive contributions but in saying that, I accept and understand your decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ozfooty updates 6 days 21 hours ago #162650

• OzFooty Admin
  • OzFooty Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 104
Unfortunately the nature of his most recent post which I have deleted indicates a willingness to cause trouble and show a complete lack of respect. He was primarily focussed on Fremantle and seemed to regularly have a complaint about this forum and lack of AFL content. This isn't the site for him.

Ozfooty updates 6 days 20 hours ago #162655

• jackspratt
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Thank you received: 147
Forums are funny things.

I have found over the years on the forums on which I have/do participate that it is easy to get over-invested in the forum, and building a sense of "ownership". This certainly happened to me, and it is easy to see when it is happening to other participants.

This can lead to a feeling that you want the forum to reflect how you want it to be, rather than treat it as public entity that has its own structure, consisting of many and varied points of view, and having natural ebbs and flows of style and opinion.

I have learnt over time that it is best to impose your own holiday, by stopping posting, and either just lurk, or don't read at all. Then come back if you so wish.

But above all, remember Admin (rightly) calls the shots, and you can't beat City Hall. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OzFooty Admin

Ozfooty updates 6 days 19 hours ago #162656

• OzFooty Admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

jackspratt wrote: Forums are funny things.

I have found over the years on the forums on which I have/do participate that it is easy to get over-invested in the forum, and building a sense of "ownership". This certainly happened to me, and it is easy to see when it is happening to other participants.

This can lead to a feeling that you want the forum to reflect how you want it to be, rather than treat it as public entity that has its own structure, consisting of many and varied points of view, and having natural ebbs and flows of style and opinion.

I have learnt over time that it is best to impose your own holiday, by stopping posting, and either just lurk, or don't read at all. Then come back if you so wish.

But above all, remember Admin (rightly) calls the shots, and you can't beat City Hall. :)

Very well said Jack, as a moderator I try to be fair. I also wanted supporters to feel like they have some control over their own clubs board which has been a success however I have had to overturn a couple of decisions moderators have made on the Fremantle board and eventually remove those moderators. There's a difference between robust discussion and someone just trolling to be a nuisance. Some of it is funny and there is a place for that.

But as you say some feel a sense of entitlement to the point where they are critical and in some cases overstep the mark. Unfortunately anchorman has done that on this occasion but it's also built up over time.

Ozfooty updates 6 days 19 hours ago #162657

• gtrxuone
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 757
Not that's it's any of my business or any other poster on OzFootyNet.
Just guessing that the work required for OFA .To keep this website open is quiet large.Compared to the financial reward of doing so.
Thanks for the OzFootyNet lifeline.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OzFooty Admin

Ozfooty updates 6 days 18 hours ago #162659

• 58shark
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 290

jackspratt wrote: Forums are funny things.

Well said JS. While we are the people that help keep this site alive, some people forget that we are guests here.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Ozfooty updates 6 days 15 hours ago #162665

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 67

Mr AFL wrote: OzFooty Admin may I ask as to how it was being abused?

Yep as the same as Mr AFL question,I have the same curiosity.
How was the PM application being abused??

Ozfooty updates 6 days 14 hours ago #162666

• mikeh
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 959

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: OzFooty Admin may I ask as to how it was being abused?

Yep as the same as Mr AFL question,I have the same curiosity.
How was the PM application being abused??

With the greatest respect guys my view is that as members we have no real right to demand answers from the OFA. We are not paying for the service and to me the PM function was just an added extra anyway. I know that some people here have met or know some of their fellow posters personally but they would have each others contact details anyway. Personally I have very rarely used the PM function so no great loss for me to be honest.

Ozfooty updates 6 days 13 hours ago #162667

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Thank you received: 67
Mike it’s a simple question not a demand.
Have we become that secretive on this site?

As for the PM use I know that I and other Perth posters have used it as a way to communicate club issues to each other that posters may not want let out in the open.

Ozfooty updates 5 days 22 hours ago #162672

• OzFooty Admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Peter North and JB have been added to the banned list after my suspicions were found to be correct. Seems those two have become quite cozy on the other forum and anchorman wants to join the party. Big Footy is welcome to them.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags