Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Banning Spammers 11 years 2 months ago #4898

• po.cocko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
A Little bit political there mate,the broadband system is just keeping us up with the rest of the world!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Banning Spammers 11 years 2 months ago #5147

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
I've kept my eye on the New members signing up the last few weeks and there has been some very unusual names starting to pop up. I think Mike and George will have there work cut out for them with the scum bags

Banning Spammers 11 years 2 months ago #5183

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
If everyone stays vigilant, we should be able to keep this site spam free. This is one of the few sites that's like a breath of fresh air, so to speak because there's no crap bombarding everyone.
And someone asked about waflonline? Yes the so called football commission do control it as far as I know.

Banning Spammers 11 years 2 months ago #5953

• Swedgen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
As a former member on Goss and WAFL online I'm pleased to see this site up andrunning
Footygoss was ruined by aholes with their spam
And WAFL online became a forum for a few peanuts to attack each other
Hope the mods here jump on any fools going down that road

Banning Spammers 10 years 9 months ago #21340

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I noticed when overseas in Egypt (thank christ that was last year) :whistle:
and Jordon/Morocco I could not access OZFOOTY. It came up with some page that said it was forbidden in my location or whatever..
I assume your settings dont allow posters from out of Australia or only include some countries????
Ok not many of us go overseas often but nice to be able to have a look at the local footy here.
Understand if you dont change the policy if there is a policy in place maybe it was just something to do with the ISP over there in Middle East?

We did have a couple of poster from overseas NY Yankee etc so they have no entry?
Then again the amount would be so small hardly a problem..

Anyway great site just a couple of points that should be clarified re overseas use.
Happy with any measures to keep the Spam off but I really think FootyGoss admin and owners didnt give a dam and the gates opened as in previous years no Spam appeared on the the Site.. Thats history
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Banning Spammers 10 years 9 months ago #21343

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Cardy wrote: I noticed when overseas in Egypt (thank christ that was last year) :whistle:
and Jordon/Morocco I could not access OZFOOTY. It came up with some page that said it was forbidden in my location or whatever..
I assume your settings dont allow posters from out of Australia or only include some countries????
Ok not many of us go overseas often but nice to be able to have a look at the local footy here.
Understand if you dont change the policy if there is a policy in place maybe it was just something to do with the ISP over there in Middle East?

We did have a couple of poster from overseas NY Yankee etc so they have no entry?

Anyway great site just a couple of points that should be clarified re overseas use.
Happy with any measures to keep the Spam off but I really think FootyGoss admin and owners didnt give a dam and the gates opened as in previous years no Spam appeared on the the Site.. Thats history

Just recently returned from os Cardy - had the same problem in Poland, but not in UK.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Banning Spammers 10 years 9 months ago #21347

• OzFooty
  • OzFooty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146

Cardy wrote: I noticed when overseas in Egypt (thank christ that was last year) :whistle:

The website is not available from the Middle East, Most of Africa and some of Asia.

I ran some software checking the malicious attempts made on the OzFooty.Net domain and as such have made it so it can not be accessed from these countries.

Unfortunately we had attempted penertration from mainly non Christian countries (no I do not consider myself Christian so its not a Christian vs Muslim thing).

In particular a fairly sophisticated attempt was foiled originating from government computers of a nearby country north west of WA.

Apparently we have never had better relations with this country according to a certain Australian political party.

To limit the possible high exposure of attacks, I felt it best to take this action. So far it seems to be the right choice.

The website is accessible from the United States and other considered safe spots where their governments take a certain amount of responsibility.

If you have any concerns with this, please let me know.

Mike.

Banning Spammers 10 years 9 months ago #21357

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks mate explains it all.. Good idea

Banning Spammers 10 years 8 months ago #22827

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Not sure what the problem is or whether others have noticed? When reading a topic and scroll to the bottm of the page, an advert appears on the right hand side of the screen. If one wishes to view the next page of whichever topic is being read, the spam won't allow one to change pages! As soon as the side bar is scrolled up, the spam disappears. I've never noticed this crap appear before. Is there something I can do to stop it appearing on the screen? Anyone noticed it? And the little white square stays on the screen too on the right hand side.

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

Banning Spammers 10 years 8 months ago #22833

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Havent got it mate// oops look you have a problem..
I get no adds at all (yet) Does it happen on any other pages on other sites? You could have picked a bit of malware

You could try this programme.. Get the free version
www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

Glad I ran this tonight {been slack} found Backdoor.bot a very nasty malware/virus that records your keys strokes - So hey thanks for getting me off my arse it is something you tend to forget to do

www.im-infected.com/trojan/backdoor-bot.html

Microsoft have a couple of good programmes.. MRT or Malicious Removal tool

Free at

www.microsoft.com/en-au/security/pc-secu...malware-removal.aspx

Heres a very handy programme from MS that does a good job.. Maybe make it your first choice :) Microsoft safety scanner

www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Last edit: by Cardy.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 179 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA
  • SteveRep