Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50350

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Hi guys....just wondering how you guys would feel about me offering a 10% discount on this site to any Ozfooty members and/or current WAFL club members at the liquor store I manage on any purchase made before the end of the season. We are going to raise a sign at the front our store offering the same thing to current WAFL members so I thought I'd ask you guys first before proceeding with anything on this site but also seeing if it is ok to offer OzFooty users and/or guests the same discounts on the sign in order to bring attention to the site. All the usual "we recommend responsible consumption of alcohol etc" stuff will be adhered to and posted to comply with licensing etc. Understand there may be some conflicts of interest with some sponsorships etc and don't want to step on any toes so thought it best to ask first. The purpose is to offer Ozfooty users and paid up WAFL members a small reward/saving for there ongoing support and passion for the WAFL competition. I don't want to advertise product, only offer the discount as a gesture of goodwill towards the Ozfooty and WAFL community. Please inform either way, with a PM if privacy is necessary. Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50356

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
I personally don't see an issue with it. It seems to me as almost being "mates rates", and your a consitent and constructive poster.

This site was always designed with community in mind, and never a money making scheme.

The only problem is we don't have membership cards, so I'm not sure how we/you can police the discounts.

PM me - letting me know the finer details.

If anyone else has any thoughts, don't hesitate to reply as a post on this thread.

Last edit: by OzFooty.

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50357

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I guess the question for administrators of this site is where do you draw the line? If others come on and want to advertise discounts on other things, how do you say no to them so that the site doesn't become one big advertising billboard? It doesn't bother me either way and think DW is trying to do the right thing by posters on this site but I guess you'll need to stay on top of it.

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50361

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your input BC.

I certainly share the same concerns, and I'm not quite sure how to approach it given that it is also Alcohol.

I also appreciate DW's ofer. He would realise as a manager that its not going to improve his monthly sales, rather to increase awareness and support those who support the WAFL. I believe it to be a genuine token of goodwill.

Rest assured the site will not turn into one huge billboard. Its been 2 years and no paid adds, no subscriptions or donation requests. I simply do not work that way, and it was under these ideals this site was created.

As previously mentioned, the site was created as a service, not to make money from.

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50367

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
no worries mike...you guys do a terrific job and have created something to be proud of...many thanks from all of us as this is a great site for footy followers.

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50380

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

BC wrote: no worries mike...you guys do a terrific job and have created something to be proud of...many thanks from all of us as this is a great site for footy followers.

here here.......

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50391

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Reason I asked in the first place is I'm conflicted by the idea myself...to clarify this is not an attempt to drum up business, just look after footy community & like minded folk who love their footy as was stated in one of the replies. Having said that what I do love about the site is the feel of it, no advertising etc and on that note I reckon I have my answer. I will use my signs at work to promote the paid up WAFL member discounts but allow this site to avoid any conflict of interest and/or bending of its ideals. As I stated on one of the signs today "footy is not just about money". No harm done here and appreciate both responses.

In saying this if the moderators or Oz footy members would like me too and have any suggestions to promote this site I'd be more than happy to do so. Great site, decent footy folk on board and we all love the banter...big shout out to those who have made it possible

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50400

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I think the easy answer is 'show your membership badge of a WAFL club' to get the discount.
That won't cover all ozfooty members obviously....
It would be tempting to not include TFKAEP and Peel... ;)

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50405

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Singha wrote: I think the easy answer is 'show your membership badge of a WAFL club' to get the discount.
That won't cover all ozfooty members obviously....
It would be tempting to not include TFKAEP and Peel... ;)

Haha, Great idea Singha, love it, consider it done....aligned club members need not apply - although can't imagine I'd be in any danger of needing to up my supplies of chardonnay to contend with any stampede from the members at ERT ....grump & Jardine I will make exceptions for of course, they bleed for their club and it's a quality I totally respect.

Thanks for the idea Singha, exactly what I was looking for here from the OzFooty cru

Question for the site moderators 9 years 8 months ago #50721

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi DW,

No one seems to object. If you are willing for Ozfooty users to come in and tell you who they are, then here's your chance to let us know where to come visit you.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 298 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977