Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169668

• Birdman
  • Birdman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
At the half way mark of the season and while a mostly dry day is expected, grounds are likely to be affected after some quite good falls of rain across the metro area.

Thornlie's form continues to improve and they are likely to be big winners over a disappointing Hamersley.

Bull Creek vs Bassendean MOTR being 1 vs 2. Should be a close one, and although I haven't seen Bull Creek and only a little of Bassendean, I think Bassendean this time around.

Carlisle and Melville could be interesting too but expect Melville to get up.

Ocean Ridge and Warnbro could also be close. Both have performed below my personal expectations, but I suspect Ocean Ridge going a little better.

Kenwick having a terrible year which is unlikely to get any better - Gosnells in a canter.

Really unusual fixture times for all the games in this Round. Hope the League can sort things out better next season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169669

• Cowriver
  • Thank you received: 0
Good start up Birdman,

Thornlie by a point over the Creek would be brimming with confidence and Hamersley won't dent it. Thornlie by 8 goals.

Creek/Basso is without doubt the MOTR. Bull Creek would be disappointed by their first loss this season, by just one point on the weekend. Basso look to be going pretty well but I will tip Bull Creek Leeming at home in a tight one, >2goals.

Melville will be a little too strong v Carlisle, they will get the win by 4 goals.

OR have done well to be pretty competitive this season and given Warnbro, I believe, are driving 2 hours to play this weekend, I will tip OR by 5 goals.

Kenwick would be paying $8.50 this week for the win and I would think Gossy could get a 10 goal win here.

I'd imagine these varying times would be difficult for those who work Saturday or have young families Birdman, also not a huge fan. Though 4 games in a row has good benefits for the home team!

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169689

• OldSkoolWayz
  • Thank you received: 1
Hopefully the sun comes back out this week. The rain definitely brought the better sides back down to the lower sides levels all over the grades last week. How's everyone's ground pull up after the deluge last weekend and through this week ?? I know my local has turned into a mud pit and that only gets the juniors running over it.

Hamersley v Thornlie
Battle of the former B graders. Must admit start of this season I had their fortunes completely opposite to how they've performed so far.Thornlie have been pretty good most weeks and will get the points here without too much trouble. Hamersley are going to have to find some real ticker in themselves if they are going to avoid the double drop. Thornlie 10 goals.

Bullcreek v Bassendean
Bullcreek have been a cut above everyone so far. The weather brought them down a peg and they dropped one last week so id expect them to come out guns a blazing on Saturday at home.Basso will fight it out as usual because they are a proud strong side but eventually just see them getting over run by creeks running power. Bullcreek 5 goals.

Carlisle v Melville
Both these teams have been a little hard to read all year. Maybe the Rams have over achieved a little and maybe Carlisle have been a little so so. This will likely be a tight struggle most of the day. Melville 3 goals.

Ocean Ridge v Warnbro
C2 gf re-match here. Ridge have their ladies day and all their teams up at their paddock this satday so id expect it to be a pretty hostile environment for the swans up there who just aren't going as well at the moment. Ridge 5 goals.

Gosnells v Kenwick
Kenwick still haven't given us anything else to say other than how poor they've been so far. It aint changing. Gosnells 12 goals.

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169737

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Good writeups guys, Its taken 8 rounds but we are starting to get a bit of feedback from the games in C1

This could be an interesting week, with rain around still I'm sure some of the grounds are heavy, and there may be some sore bodies after
playing in last weeks conditions. The sides that regrouped the best this week will have a big chance

Hammersley v Thornlie - I think it has been covered here, Thornlie got up in a tight contest last week and Hammersley have struggled all year
Thornlie seems to play their best in the wet and I think they will win this game comfortably. Hammersley have a lot of work to do on the back 9
to avoid double relegation.

Bullcreek v Bassendean - Game of the round with first playing second. Bullcreek were very good last week in t e dry, they got the jump on
Thornlie and had three goals on the board in minutes, Interestingly they only scored one goal in three quarters after that. Maybe the wet
weather is not best for them. In the dry they were very good at creating space for Mugambwa and one out he was very effective. Bassendean
have been ticking along nicely this year, and seem to have plenty of depth with their reserves going well. I reckon this will be close and if it gets
wet the boys from Basso may be lucky, but I'm not brave enough to put my balls on the line just yet. Ill go Bullcreek by 7 points

Carlisle v Melville - another good game with 4th playing 5th. Carlisle are starting to string some games together, and they will be hoping to get up
here to keep themselves ahead of Gosnells on the ladder. Melville will be looking for another scalp to stay in touch with the top three and the
double chance. I reckon Carlisle reserve will be heavy 10 in horse racing terms, and because of this I reckon the home side will get the win

Ridge v Warnbro - Two weeks ago Glenn Ridge had this penned as a win for his boys. It was all part of his grand plan of them league staying in
touch with the five. However event though Warnbro are travelling further than I went on my last holiday I reckon they can get a win here. Warnbro
have enough attacking options to kick a winning score.

Gosnells v Kenwick - a few years ago this would have been match of the round, and not just because of the football. A couple of proud Sunday
league teams that used to enjoy belting the suitcases out of each other, and then all had beers afterwards. I reckon the beers will still flow, but
I think Gosnells will win this one and stay in touch with the top five.

On a side note - Birdman I notice there was a lot of refused clearances out of Gosnells over the long weekend break, what's up there, is there
trouble in the Hawks nest?
Save a tree and eat a beaver

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169754

• Freofortheflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Great write ups gents!
It’s good to be able to be reading from my donga on site.
Few results not on the app from yesterday.
Carlisle v Melville
Bullcreek vs Bassendean

Anyone have these results both big game in regards to the top 5

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169831

• Ghostryder17
Bassendean belted BCL by 11 goals and Carlisle did Melville by 10 points.
The ladder now sits at, Bassendean, Thornlie and Bullcreek Leeming on 28points. Melville on 24points. Then Carlisle and Gosnells lon 20points.
Carlisle making a run in the second part of the season, Gossies maybe dropping away a little?
The top 4 seem to be set but the order remains to be seen maybe? Its going to be a good second half of the season!

Last edit: by Ghostryder17.

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169863

• Goalski
  • Thank you received: 3
Are H.C any chance of surviving this year in C1?

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169870

• Ghostryder17
9 more rounds and a strong Ressies side side anything is possible. But the first half of the season would suggest its going to be very difficult for HC to avoid the double drop. No colts is really tough on the clubs depth and unfortunately I cant see them turning it around in the second half of the year.

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169883

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
unless things change at HC they will do a double drop.

There are players in their reserves side that are good enough o play league, but when we played them and quizzed some of them they told us they are to old to play league footy.

So, either their is an age imposed rule at HC in regards to playing league football, or questions may need to be asked in regards to are these players in reserves doing what's best for their club's long term future?

Yes Ghostryder it is very hard without colts, but its harder to come back from a double relegation, and its harder to get colts involved if your in C3 or C4.
Save a tree and eat a beaver

Last edit: by premiership hangover.

C1 - Round 9 4 years 9 months ago #169899

• Goalski
  • Thank you received: 3
Yeah absolutely. no colts is a big issue. H.c and Stirling are pretty close to North Beach who have enough players to make 2 clubs. Stirling look the likely to double drop and player number issues seem evident.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 341 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr