Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C1 - Round 8 4 years 10 months ago #169408

• Birdman
  • Birdman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Almost the half way mark in the season.

Wet weather this Saturday will be a bit of a novelty and could help cause some upsets.

Can't see Hammersley upsetting Melville.

Bassendean and Gosnells probably MOTR. The rain should even things out and Gosnells have a point to prove. Expect it to be close with Gosnells getting up in the end.

Ocean Ridge and Kenwick may be closer than some think. Kenwick having a shocking season likely to go down again.

Bull Creek having a great season and improvement showing from Thornlie could see this also be closer than many think but expect the Creek to win.

Warnbro should get up over Carlisle.

Good luck to all. Take your Wellies and umbrellas, as many grounds are seriously short of undercover areas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C1 - Round 8 4 years 10 months ago #169460

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Great writeup birdman - well done

My thoughts for round 8 are

I think Melville will be to strong at home against Hammersley. Its going to be fun playing in the wind and rain down there tomorrow

Bassendean and Gosnells should be a good hitout, but for me its not match of the round. Yes its second v fifth, but I think Bassendean will have
to much fire power. The way they move the ball will catch Gosnells out on the hop. I reckon Bassendean by about 3 goals

Kenwick may struggle against ocean ridge - though they may be inspired by comments on here from Glenn Ridge who already has this one
marked down as a win for Ridge. It will be a swamp at Kenwick and whoever swims the best will get out on top. Im going for Kenwick in an upset

Thornlie v Bullcreek to me is match of the round, First v Third and both team will be frsh after the bye. Bullcreek have been able to take al before
them so far, and will have rested up some sore bodies that missed the last game or two. After an early slip Thornlie have continued to win. I
reckon it will be close but I think the home ground swamp at Thornlie will help them prevail by less than a goal.

Warnbro v Carlisle is another cracker tomorrow, the winner stays in touch with the 5 and the loser makes their second round just a bit tougher.
I reckon at about 3.00pm tomororw the rain will be coming in sideways, it will be hailing and the breeze will blow straing from a polar bears arse.
Because of this im going to tip the home side but i reckon whoever uses the conditions first will win this one.

Good luck to everyone, enjoy the wet weather and the beers with your opponents afterwards.
Save a tree and eat a beaver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 812 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977