Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Points System Opinions 4 years 10 months ago #168184

• CrampedUp
  • CrampedUp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

Birdman wrote: Not sure how you get these lists of points. Would be interested to see them all down to C4 though.

My Club is coping OK and I am getting less questions. We also seem to be using less points as the games go by.

Next year will be interesting, as I understand that (like Victoria) the points cap will come down. Even if it stays at 43, Clubs are going to have to be careful about how many players they bring in. To get to 43, you can select a maximum of 10 x 3 point players, 1 x 2 point player and 10 x 1 point players for each game. We have more 3 point players than that now - we just can't play them all in the League team on the same day.

Clubs that don't have Colts will start to struggle from next year onwards as they won't have (and can't recruit) 1 point players.

Birdman, as Ghostryder17 mentions, all points used in each game is in match centre on the app or website. I have been through each game from the weekend just gone or last game played and below is the results. Interesting that 4 clubs in C2 maxed out the 43 on the weekend and Nollamara only playing with 18 players most weeks.

Noticed Mannings scores in C4 have been wiped a few times, can anyone confirm why?

C1
Carlisle - 41
Bullcreek Leeming - 36
Ocean Ridge - 30
Melville - 40
Kenwick - 34
Bassendean - 43
Warnbro - 40
Thornlie - 36
Gosnells - 35
Hamersley Carine - 33

C2
Swan Valley - 38
High Wycombe - 43
Canning Vale - 39
Quinns - 27
Dianella Morley - 43
Nollamara - 42
Canning Sth Perth - 43
Stirling - 36
Kwinana - 37
Coolbinia - 43

C3
Lynwood Ferndale - 33
Belmont - 40
Secret Harbour - 42
Ellenbrook - 41
Osborne Park - 43
Mosman Park - 32
Jandakot - 39
SNESA - 36
Brentwood Booragoon - 32
Cottesloe - 40

C4
Cockburn Lakes - 42
Piara Waters - 43
Roleystone - 27
Cobras - 39
Armadale - 29
Forrestdale - 29
Bayswater - 38
Rossmoyne - 38
Yanchep - 34
Manning - 30
Noranda - 39

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CrampedUp.

Points System Opinions 4 years 10 months ago #168195

• Footyball
  • Thank you received: 0
Just something to also note with the points from last round there were at least 3 teams i know of who were missing a fair few players from the concert down south in C4 & C3 so perhaps the round before that would be a more accurate point of reference.

Points System Opinions 4 years 10 months ago #168197

• Cat Attack
  • Thank you received: 1

CrampedUp wrote:

The Manager wrote: I like the points system but don't agree with one area of it , when a player has been at a club since colts or even juniors, and is leaves for a year for work reasons ,ie goes country or interstate and plays at the same or a lower level for a year comes back to his original club as a 3 point player, just a bit harsh is he expected to not play while away? Thoughts

The Manager, I agree with you here. Another sticking point for me is juniors coming through. If a junior player plays all his juniors at your club but has a crack at WAFL colts, plays a few games then return to your club they are a 3 point player. I dont get how the league can promote club of origin but these players are not considered that. Alot of clubs work hard to build a strong relationship with their junior club. I am told that if you want to ensure your juniors are 1 point players they need to be registered and play a game whilst a junior then cleared back to the junior club. That way they have played for your club before playing WAFL and fall inside the boundaries of a 1 point player..... confusing myself here

this is my point mate.
there is no way a WAFL club should or can be a players Club of Origin, they had to have come from somewhere to get to said WAFL club. 3 points for players in that situation is crap.

yeah thats not right either with your ruckman. hopefully they review a few things at seasons end and clears a few things up, always going to have hiccups in year one, still seems like the A and B grade clubs have come out a lot better than the rest though

Points System Opinions 4 years 10 months ago #168199

• Alnan23
  • Thank you received: 0
The worst part is players who have only played for our club but were on a permit with a colts team, they left juniors as they were in a development squad got put on the WAFL Colts list played with us on a permit, never played a colts game with the WAFL club comes back to us and we register him as a 2 point player because he played more then 5 waafl colts games in the last 3 years although they were for us.

Or young colts blokes from the country going home for a week with leagues that dont have permits so you clear them and they clear back they become 3 point players even though they came from your juniors and straight into your colts.

system definitely has flaws

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 413 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr