Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168153

• CrampedUp
  • CrampedUp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
We are now 5 rounds into the season and everyone would of had a chance to be exposed to and explain the points system a number of times. I know I personally have had to explain how it works to quite a few people. How does everyone think it is going?

There seems to be a bit of unrest around Scarboroughs group. What are the exact issues in particular and what is a solution to them?

I have looked at last weekends games in A and B Grade and only one club out of both grades used the maximum allowance of 43 points on the weekend. The total points used amongst all teams in each grade was 385 for A Grade and 363 for B Grade.

A GRADE
Nth Beach - 34
Kingsley - 40
Nth Fremantle - 41
CBC - 42
Wanneroo - 35
Scarborough - 39
University - 34
Wembley - 40
Trinity Aquinas - 40
Kingsway - 40

B GRADE
Ballajura - 38
Willeton - 36
Kalamunda - 38
Collegians - 27
Mt Lawley - 35
Whitfords - 33
Swan Athletic - 43
Curtin Uni Wesley - 41
West Coast - 31
Maddington - 41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168159

• Birdman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Not sure how you get these lists of points. Would be interested to see them all down to C4 though.

My Club is coping OK and I am getting less questions. We also seem to be using less points as the games go by.

Next year will be interesting, as I understand that (like Victoria) the points cap will come down. Even if it stays at 43, Clubs are going to have to be careful about how many players they bring in. To get to 43, you can select a maximum of 10 x 3 point players, 1 x 2 point player and 10 x 1 point players for each game. We have more 3 point players than that now - we just can't play them all in the League team on the same day.

Clubs that don't have Colts will start to struggle from next year onwards as they won't have (and can't recruit) 1 point players.

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168161

• The Major
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Looking at their line-ups I seriously don't know how Scarborough and Wesley Curtin stay under the points cap?

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168162

• Gotheball
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Interesting that looking at that least Swan Ath were the only club to be at the full ouota of points

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168163

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
I think u will find with Scarborough that the loyalty point deductions help out significantly with gun players now have been there for numerous years.

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168169

• The Manager
I like the points system but don't agree with one area of it , when a player has been at a club since colts or even juniors, and is leaves for a year for work reasons ,ie goes country or interstate and plays at the same or a lower level for a year comes back to his original club as a 3 point player, just a bit harsh is he expected to not play while away? Thoughts
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrampedUp

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168171

• Cat Attack
  • Thank you received: 1
We have players at our club who have gone from Juniors to their zoned WAFL club and come back but since they played their first colts game at that WAFL club they become a club of origin (COO) player to them. Our argument to the league was how is a WAFL club a "COO"? The players have played league footy for our club and no other Ammo club but some how come back as 3 points with no loyalty applied even though their games tally is up and around 50 league games for us.
No idea how that works or is even allowed considering what is going on at clubs above our grade.

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168172

• Ghostryder17
  • Thank you received: 0
If your looking for the teams Player points. in the WAAFL Results page, go to the Match center link on the game you want, and the player points are listed in there.

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168177

• Stinker
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
The Manager,
You think your example is harsh, try this...
Our ruckman, who has come from our juniour, through to our colts , and last year while a colt went to visit his girlfriend in Sydney for 4 weeks we asked about a permit.
No thats not available, so cleared him to play for a local club (3 games),, comes back finishes colts footy but is now graded a three point player!
We appealed that and lost.

Points System Opinions 4 years 11 months ago #168178

• CrampedUp
  • CrampedUp's Avatar Topic Author

The Manager wrote: I like the points system but don't agree with one area of it , when a player has been at a club since colts or even juniors, and is leaves for a year for work reasons ,ie goes country or interstate and plays at the same or a lower level for a year comes back to his original club as a 3 point player, just a bit harsh is he expected to not play while away? Thoughts

The Manager, I agree with you here. Another sticking point for me is juniors coming through. If a junior player plays all his juniors at your club but has a crack at WAFL colts, plays a few games then return to your club they are a 3 point player. I dont get how the league can promote club of origin but these players are not considered that. Alot of clubs work hard to build a strong relationship with their junior club. I am told that if you want to ensure your juniors are 1 point players they need to be registered and play a game whilst a junior then cleared back to the junior club. That way they have played for your club before playing WAFL and fall inside the boundaries of a 1 point player..... confusing myself here

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 402 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL