Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C1 Round 2 5 years 4 weeks ago #166210

• Birdman
  • Birdman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
A couple of interesting results in Round 1.

Bassendean won their game against Hamersley by a bigger margin than I had thought.

Had expected Ocean Ridge to win against Carlisle.

Bull Creek beat Kenwick by far more than I had expected.

Likewise, Gosnells defeated Warnbro by a bigger margin that I had expected.

Melville fairly easily over Thornlie.

Now to Round 2.

Expect Hamersley over Kenwick (who I expect to have a tough season) by a fair margin.

Melville/Bassendean probably MOTR. At this stage, prefer Bassendean.

Bull Creek vs Warnbro could be a close one, but expect Warnbro to bounce back.

Could Carlisle be the surprise packet this year? Possibly, though the ressies results last week may indicate a lack of depth - but I would expect them to win over a disappointing Thornlie.

Expect Gosnells to continue their winning way over Ocean Ridge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166356

• Glen Ridge
  • Thank you received: 0
loser of HC and Kenwick in trouble early doors. kenwick's depth below will be a concern and after coming off a horror year in Bs and with no colts you'd expect depth and morale at Carine to be low. I think the loser will find themselves stuck on the bottom of the ladder for some time. I will go HC at home.

Hard to tip against the Rams at home but in this grade, Bassendean would be the team to do so... but i still cant. Rams to go 2-0 on the corner of stock road and canning hwy!

warnbro over creek and Thornlie over carlisle to see all 4 sides start a log jam at 1-1

if gosnells are able to hit the road and knock of C2 premiers Warnbro away sadly they should be able to account for C2 runners up OR at home. Gosnells to win.

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166400

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Good writeups guys, my thoughts for what they are worth

I agree that HC and Kenwick may be in for long seasons. Ill take Hammersley at home in what should be an epic encounter

Bassendean v Melville on the postage stamp oval will be interesting. I saw Melville play last week and they were well drilled and very quick. I thin at home they can go two and zero and stamp themselves as one of the better sides in C1

I thinlk Bullcreek at home will be to strong for Warnbro. Bullcreek kicked a decent score last week and with good weather forcast I can see them also going two and zero.

Carlise seem to have a strong first 22 looking at last weeks results. Thornlie will be keen to bounce back from a disappointing result and im sure last years B grade side wont want to be zero and two going into the Easter break. I think Thornlie in a clsoe one, but i make that pick with no confidence.

Gosnells will celebrate White's 250 game milestong with a good win at home. Whitey well done mate on 250 games with the Hawks. Enjoy your frothies Saturday night mate.

Good luck to everyone, remember to enjoy your games and try to get into position for the 6/6/6 starting positions before the umpire works out your not ready
Save a tree and eat a beaver

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166401

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good writeups guys, my thoughts for what they are worth

I agree that HC and Kenwick may be in for long seasons. Ill take Hammersley at home in what should be an epic encounter

Bassendean v Melville on the postage stamp oval will be interesting. I saw Melville play last week and they were well drilled and very quick. I thin at home they can go two and zero and stamp themselves as one of the better sides in C1

I thinlk Bullcreek at home will be to strong for Warnbro. Bullcreek kicked a decent score last week and with good weather forcast I can see them also going two and zero.

Carlise seem to have a strong first 22 looking at last weeks results. Thornlie will be keen to bounce back from a disappointing result and im sure last years B grade side wont want to be zero and two going into the Easter break. I think Thornlie in a clsoe one, but i make that pick with no confidence.

Gosnells will celebrate White's 250 game milestong with a good win at home. Whitey well done mate on 250 games with the Hawks. Enjoy your frothies Saturday night mate.

Good luck to everyone, remember to enjoy your games and try to get into position for the 6/6/6 starting positions before the umpire works out your not ready

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166545

• HOMER SIMPSON
Another good week of football and we are now seeing who the contenders and pretenders may be.

Hammersley beating Kenwick by 5 goals in a low scoring affair. It may be a hard year for Kenwick, two weeks in a row with low scoring football.

Melville Vs Bassendean. A Thirteen point win reflects the arm wrestle that this game was, Basso got off to a 6 goals to one point head start before the Rams clawed the margin back and secured the win. 8 goals straight from the rams full forward was the major difference. The rams are still without the leading goal kicker of the past 6 years. These two teams will both play finals.

Bullcreek vs Warnbro. A ten goal win from a team who weren't predicted to have a strong year. Bullcreek look to have continued the good football they were playing at the end of 2018. Warnbro shouldn't panic yet.

Carlisle vs Thornlie

Another Arm wrestle for Thornlie and they finally get a win on the board over an experienced Carlisle.

Gosnells vs Ocean ridge.
Gosnells with the win in a low scoring affair. They are in need of some set shot practice.

Enjoy the break and lets continue the banter and reviews.

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166564

• KickTheBall
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Has Kerr been stood down at Thornlie??

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166574

• The Major
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

KickTheBall wrote: Has Kerr been stood down at Thornlie??

My mail is he has goneski

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166585

• coast to coast
Does anyone know what actually happened with Kerr & Thornlie?

C1 Round 2 5 years 3 weeks ago #166588

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
He and Thornlie parted ways.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 947 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Keithwadia
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog