Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Women’s comp next year 5 years 4 months ago #160087

• KickTheBall
  • KickTheBall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
A lot of advertising for coaches and players in the women’s competition next year. Looks like there might be a few new teams joining the competition which is good for WA football. Would hate to see clubs nominate and then half way throughout the year players and teams start dropping away, like what we have seen with some colts and 3rds grade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Women’s comp next year 5 years 4 months ago #160130

• Birdman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
No woman's teams dropped out last year.

Clubs nominating last year had to make a case to WAAFL that they were viable - financially, player numbers, sponsorship, facilities, support within the Club etc.

The same provisions apply next year to new Clubs coming in and to existing Clubs adding additional teams.

Personally, I hope there will be lots more, but I hear that about 25 teams is looking likely.

If your Club is looking at adding woman's teams, please get started. Our experience is that once you start it, players will come - and you may well pick up additional male players as partners get involved too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 415 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020