Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159047

• George Constanza
  • Thank you received: 0
How do u know those clubs cheated redlegs? does having ex AFL and WAFL players mean you are cheating? Well the club im at had blokes come over from another club cause of the internal bullshit. We play in lower C grade and option B would kill our team in 2019 for doing what?? playing guys that just want to play footy. did the clubs who 'voted' for option B know what the cap was before they 'voted'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159057

• RedLegs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Correct me if I’m wrong George, but isn’t the implementation of a Player Points System a direct result of the feedback the WAAFL has received over a number of years from a large percentage of clubs that believe several clubs operate outside of the current $0 salary cap?

Why implement a Points System at all if the WAAFL believes all clubs are playing within the rules?

Was a Points Cap for Option A or B discussed prior to the Clubs being asked to provide feedback on which option they preferred? Or were the clubs asked to choose which option they preferred with the Points Cap to be set by the Board after the Model was determined?

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159065

• Stinker
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
So disappointing,
Just when you think things are improving in the credibility department (wth a points system finally coming in)
You then get info trinkling back 2 options are on table options A and B clubs vote overwhelmingly with option B
Approx 3 against the majority!

Then comes to 'light' WAAFL board go with option A, i think going against the majority vote for the benefit of 3 could be termed "prorecting Vested Interests" (I take a wild stab here and guess the premiers C3 and G/f participants from A grade were probably the 3?)

If ALL clubs are to be treated fair we need to go with a transition period failing that we need to go with the majority, option B !
Club presidents need to make strong representation about at President meeting and WAAFL workshops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

Last edit: by Stinker.

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159147

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
anyone hear of a petition going around to spill the board over this?

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159175

• George Constanza
  • Thank you received: 0
Option A treats all clubs the same, it gives everyone a bit of transition as we would all have to change our recruiting approach without worrying about losing any current league players.

I could be wrong so correct me if I am but reading the circular correctly…… If option b got up with a cap round 40 to 44 points - Jandakot, Wanneroo, Kwinana, Basso, Warnbro, Manning, North Beach, TA, Kingsway, Canning, Ozzie Park, Balla, Coolbinia, Nolla, Scarbs, CBC will have no opportunity to recruit or will have to cut current players next year and maybe the next 3-4 years till loyalty kicks in. Ya laughing if you are Hamersley, Ridge train, Willo & Kinga…. they can go on a recruiting spree for years the very thing redlegs says has to stop. No wonder Kinga is hassling my president to vote for option b.

At least option A everyone is starting even and our coach wont have to tell any of our league blokes they miss out next season. Wouldn’t all clubs want to ensure player points have little effect on them next season? I think that is what you refer to stinker as’protecting Vested Interests’ . I would love to see the show of hands on this vote at the club meeting as we would see which clubs have done there homework

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159176

• Stinker
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
George C , why would you apposed a transition period that allows all clubs equal opportunity to get
their playing lists in order.

As it stands with option A those clubs that through "luck" significantly strengthened their list in 2018 are given
a significant addvantage.

Yes would love to see a show of hands at next meeting to see if ALL clubs agree with the integrity of board decision!!

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159178

• silent but deadly
  • Thank you received: 4
From my perspective its a step in the right direction.

We seem to always look at all the negatives, but seek change. BUT when change is made we look for more negatives.

After a year or 2 the league will level out so be patient and give it time for all clubs to ajust to the changes suggested.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159179

• Stinker
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
SBD....that is the whole point of a transition period!

To allow clubs to adjust.

Why have a vote and then ignore results..hmm

Last edit: by Stinker.

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159180

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
I think either way its set up, people wont be happy.

What it reflects to me as a key is clubs that don't have colts will struggle over time. So the key to all these problems is get your club to sort its sh1t out with junior clubs in your area, have strong junior feeder clubs/zones and make sure the culture of colts at your club is strong.
Save a tree and eat a beaver
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birdman

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #159197

• Devonleigh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Be interesting to see how other Leagues around Australia incorporated the points system.

Say; South West, Coastal and others.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 380 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977