Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Points system 5 years 6 months ago #158894

• Stinker
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Wow,
Very surprised there has been no mail on footygoss with the release of recent guidlines issued regardling the immediate points allowance.
First off....great idea and huge step forward for the credibility of the WAAFL!

That said can i just 'open' the topic with my thoughts on a transition period?

To cop 30 points max straight up is pretty tough...i think clubs need time to get playing lists/organization in order.
My 5c worth is 2019/40 points; 2020/35 points and then 2021 the 30 points.
That way the loyality 'card' comes into play...as it stands clubs that loaded up in 2018 with players that would be considered going fwd high end points are going to be unwittingly favoured.

Regardless...fantastic and long overdue strategy, kudos yo those involved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Stinker.

Points system 5 years 6 months ago #158895

• Stinker
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Sorry,
Correct myself. Should have said 2019/40, 2020/40, 2021/35 and then 2022 the 30 points.

That allows loyalty to come into play and i believe is the fairest way fwd for all clubs.

Lets have some feedback ay.

Points system 5 years 6 months ago #158897

• RedLegs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Great concept and long overdue but it really won’t be hard to stay under the 30 point cap given that all players currently your list are worth 1 point each in 2019 whether they are an ex-AFL, WAFL League player or have come straight out Juniors.

Look at this years A Grade GF sides, 3 ex-AFL players and 23 ex-WAFL League players running around worth a total of 44 points in 2019 under the proposed PPS model. If it was calculated as it should be with the players attracting points based on their football experience, minus loyalty point deductions the two sides combined would total close to 80 points.

Compare that to other A grade clubs with 1-5 ex-WAFL league players and already sitting under the 30 point cap at full value, also calculated at 22 points in 2019 under the proposal.

Doesn’t make sense
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

Last edit: by RedLegs.

Points system 5 years 6 months ago #158913

• BigO
  • Thank you received: 7
What a weak decision by a board looking after the purple circle clubs.
They stay strong and everyone else aren’t allowed to recruit to get stronger.
2 years off discussions and a limp fisted effort by the WAAFL.

Points system 5 years 6 months ago #158935

• Birdman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Personally, I'm very happy to see it in.

I'm a little disappointed that Option A was selected rather than Option B, as this allows some of the practises perpetrated by various Clubs over the years to remain in the system for the next few years until they 'wash' out.

It may also allow some Clubs to continue these practises for several more years - eg recruiting 4 x 3 point players over this summer will still leave your League team with 30 points (providing the other 18 players are all 1 point players). It then remains to be seen what the points cap will be in 2020 - with luck, it will remain at 30 or close to that figure.

Having said that, we now at least have a system for all of us to work with.

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #158944

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
So the existing clubs that are rorting are being indorsed by the board to continue on for 3-5 more years and as a kicker encouraged to bring in a couple more players?

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #158947

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
lads help me understand the rules.

So a player that is from your club is a one point player, how may points if you recruit a player from another club?

Thanks
Save a tree and eat a beaver

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #158951

• Stinker
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
UHT,
Yes thats my point of transition....i would like to think 'unwittingly'
some "clubs" have been favoured!

Great concept, however now (WAAFL) you have 'bit' the bullet and given 'us' all
somesort of future level playing field...pls go the extra distance and
get the inception as fair as poss?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedLegs

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #158954

• RedLegs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
So the clubs who have cheated the salary cap and ‘recruited’ several ex-AFL and WAFL League players to their club over the last 3 or 4 years since the introduction of a Points System began to be discussed, now get rewarded for cheating the system and maintain that advantage for another 3 to 4 years.

Was told only 2 of 50 clubs from A Grade through to C3 wanted the Player Points System that was adopted by the Board. The other 48 clubs supported Option B which would have seen all players currently on a clubs list had their points value calculated on the highest level of football they had played in the previous 3 seasons

Last edit: by RedLegs.

Points system 5 years 5 months ago #158955

• Birdman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Two options were proposed:

Option A: Line in the sand: All players listed on the team sheet who were registered with your club as at 1st July 2017 allocate 1 point, then apply PPS categories to players who joined your club between 1st July 2017 to 30th June 2018.

or

Option B: Retrospective: All players registered at your WAAFL club as at 1st July 2018 will be subject to full application of the PPS; i.e. the 3-year look-back and loyalty deductions applied accordingly.

Option A has been chosen.

I suspect 'salary caps' are another couple of years away at least - if ever.

Summary Player Points Categories
5 points - AFL. Played 1+ match in the current or previous 3 seasons.

4 points - WAFL (League) or equivalent (SANFL, VFL, NEAFL, TSL, NTFL). Played 5+ matches in the current or previous 3 seasons.

3 points - WAFL (Reserves/Colts) or equivalent (SANFL, TSL, NTFL, Vic Premier 1 Div,TAC Cup). Played 5+ matches in the current or previous 3 seasons
Senior Community League player - WAAFL, WACFL, MFL, interstate competition. Played 5+ matches in the current or previous 3 seasons.

2 points - Senior Community Reserves or Colts player - WAAFL, WACFL, MFL, interstate competitions. Played 5+ matches in the current or previous 3 seasons.

1 point - Club of Origin WAAFL (as per definition). Transferring junior - transfers direct from junior club. Absent - long-term injured WAAFL (as per definition). Not played competitive football in the current or previous 3 seasons.

Last edit: by Birdman.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 252 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977