Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A Grade Finals Week 3 5 years 7 months ago #156283

• Mr Mysterious
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
MrM is back again for another week and what a week it has been for MrM as he managed to do the impossible, but we shall discuss that later.
With 3 teams across the 3 grades already booking themselves a spot in the in Grand Final we have 3 big games this weekend as we look forward to next week. They say Preliminary finals are the hardest ones to win with plenty on the line we shall which teams are going to be ready to go Saturday. We will see a new champion crowned this season as Trinity Aquinas bowed out last weekend, so all 3 sides left will think they can win it.

In off field news, MrM was thrown a lifeline to attend the WAAFL Awards Night. At the 11th hour MrM was called upon by some very high-ranking officials to attend, rumour has it they decided to not have their night of nights without the man who makes the WAAFL buzz, so it is good to see they truly care about MrM and his contributions. MrM is like Batman, those who know Bruce Wayne is the Dark Night just choose to believe they don’t know and MrM appreciates that, many know MrM, but few reveal his identity.
Many were asking after MrM but only a special chosen few were lucky enough to converse with the great man. MrM did hear on the downlow there were a few attendees who wanted to see MrM to confront him, however MrM continues to elude.
A special shout out as MrM managed to chew the fat (so to speak) with WAAFL President who was happy to indulge in a chat, while he probably had no idea who MrM was, rumours are abound he is an enthusiastic fan of MrM’s work so thank you indeed Mr President!

Alright, MrM will preview all games this weekend.

Colts
University v Curtin University Wesley @Morris Buzzacott Reserve

In an upset last weekend University lost and will want to be pulling out all they can so they can seek revenge next weekend. They do face a very tough Curtin Uni side here who is ready to flex there muscle once more after sending Scarborough out in straight sets. Will be a good game of Colts football here. I think Curtin Uni may cause an upset here.
Curtin University Wesley by 2 goals

Reserves
Trinity Aquinas v Fremantle C.B.C @Morris Buzzacott Reserve

After their league side bowed out last weekend TA’s will be a big favourite here as they look to still get a flag for the club this season. While Freo CBC have bene one of the better sides all season. In the last time these two played the game was decided by 1 point, so MrM think this once will go down to the wire again. TA’s may be too good here though.
Trinity Aquinas by 2 goals

League
Fremantle C.B.C v North Beach @Morris Buzzacott Reserve

While both these sides would fancy their chances there can only be one winner in this game and it’s going to be an absolute cracker. Freo C.B.C should think they are a good chance ot advance to the final here, they have been one of the best sides all season and even for a few years, but haven’t been able to win it all. They are facing the side who finished 5th but unfortunately for them, North Beach is hitting some good form. The boys from the beach know that a side who finished 5th can win it all, but they will need two of their best performances to finish with the flag. Plenty of talent around for both clubs here, so it’s going to be a good gamer. I think Freo CBC will win and meet Scarborough in the final.
Fremantle C.B.C by 3 goals

Good luck all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Grade Finals Week 3 5 years 7 months ago #156295

• sambirmingham
  • Thank you received: 0
I don’t normally subscribe to rumours, but in this case the rumourmongers are right on the money, Mr M. Thanks for another great preview!

Bring on a cracking weekend of finals and, rest assured, I’ll be clicking refresh from Monday lunchtime onwards, in eager anticipation of your next post-match review

A Grade Finals Week 3 5 years 7 months ago #156329

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100

sambirmingham wrote: I don’t normally subscribe to rumours, but in this case the rumourmongers are right on the money, Mr M. Thanks for another great preview!

Bring on a cracking weekend of finals and, rest assured, I’ll be clicking refresh from Monday lunchtime onwards, in eager anticipation of your next post-match review

A bit of royalty lurking in the the online forums, good to see Sam.

And may I say MrM, you were looking particularly trim this year and debonair as always.

A Grade Finals Week 3 5 years 7 months ago #156331

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I might go and watch my old team CBC on Saturday given there's no WAFL...hopefully it's a decent day weather wise and a good game.

A Grade Finals Week 3 5 years 7 months ago #156361

• Mr Mysterious
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33

BC wrote: I might go and watch my old team CBC on Saturday given there's no WAFL...hopefully it's a decent day weather wise and a good game.

MrM would like to say thank you to the unholytugboat, however MrM knows that he is always looking a treat, you know it is hard to maintain a fresh appearance. MrM was accosted by a few who wanted to get in on MrM's secrets, but cannot divulge these of course.

BC get on down and witness greatness as they say.
Forget AFL, the WAAFL will be the best bet to watch on a Saturday.

Last edit: by Mr Mysterious.

A Grade Finals Week 3 5 years 7 months ago #156486

• Got u Butler
  • Thank you received: 4
Watched a brilliant game of A grade finals footy today between Fremantle CBC & North Beach,the game was decided by a Fremantle CBC kick on goal that sailed thru for a major with CBC getting a hard fought,thrilling win over a gallant North Beach as the final siren sounded !
Fantastic conclusion to a tough unrelenting contest that was a privilege to watch ! Excellent crowd in attendance too.

A Grade Finals Week 3 5 years 7 months ago #156571

• Hawk Eye
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Dear Leader
  • Thank you received: 24
Agree with the sentiments about both Mr M and the Grand Final.

Despite the lack of posters I know there is always a high level of interest particularly in the A & B Grade competition.

MrM has been at the forefront of keeping us all engaged even with the obviously obstacle of corresponding during his overseas appointment last year.

I have always enjoyed reading MrM's match reviews and his ongoing search in finding the right lady.

I went down and watched the Final between CBC and North Beach and it was as Butler said a great game of Footy.

Should be a ripper of a Grand Final between Scarborough and CBC with CBC facing a Subiacoesque type challenge to get the win.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 318 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL