Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154290

• Viper
  • Viper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 59
Season is done and dusted for 5 teams and now it's time to get serious. Well done to Warnbro on their undefeated minor premiership. I think they'll go all the way with the perfect season and are a clear cut above the other teams in C2 this year. The chance to go to C1 with them though is up for grabs with any of the next 4 capable of making the GF. In the reserves it's amazing to see 3 teams in the finals come from the clubs where the league teams finished 8th, 9th and 10th. Obviously the 3 clubs have depth but not good enough at league level.

QUALIFYING FINAL - Heathridge Park
League - Ocean Ridge Vs High Wycombe
Wiccy have both of the encounters this year. First game by the lowest of winning margings (1 point) and the second one by 29 points. Wiccy rely heavily on Magro to hit the board and he's one that needs a hard tag. He's an absolute gun and has to be stopped. Ridge have a couple big handy mids with one in particular being a big influence in their team. I'm sure the wiccy supporters will be in full voice on Saturday and I'm tipping them by 15 points.

Reserves - Warnbro Vs Swan Valley
Warnbro have won both of the encounters this year by about 6 goals each game.They are also the first team to beat Ridge reserves in about 2 or 3 years so clearly are a team to be watching in the finals and could have a double flag. Valley have just gone about their job this year and get the double chance after beating Lynwood last week. I'm expecting this to be rather physical and with no league teams playing will both be full strength. Skills should be on point with the nice wide expanses of Ridge to run around on too. Tipping Valley by 5 points.

ELIMINATION FINAL - Des Penman Reserve
League - Nollamara Vs Dianella Morley
This is definitely worthwhile watching if you're in to the old school biff. Umpires better carry a big notepad around. Nolla have won both games this year but the problem is which team is going to be named for Saturday. If the all stars play they'll murder Dianella but if its the team that's played the last 2 weeks it'll be over by half time. Dessy will no doubt have them all ready to go and Dianella without their ump to help them could cop a flogging. I'm tipping Nolla but I'll be checking the team sheets Saturday morning to see who's playing and possibly change the tip.

Reserves - Lynwood Vs SNESA
It's 1 a piece with SNESA winning the last encounter by a point. I'm tipping this to have a bit of biff. Maybe not as much as Nolla V DM but Lynwood like to make their presence felt on the ground and it could spill over. Both teams will be full strength with no league teams to worry about and I think Lynwood will win this by about 14 points.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154348

• KickTheBall
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Great write up viper, spot on and excellent overview for this weekend! (Haha were have you been all season)

I think Viper has summed all the games up well but I’ll just put in my two bobs.
Maggsy is an absolute jet, played in the state team earlier this year and has been a great inclusion to the doggies and there success this year! Know doubt ridge will be up and about early, they love to control the tempo and use there corridor a lot for entry in there forward line. Will be a close one
Ridge by 9 points

Warnbro ressies have been a powerhouse for the past couple of years, and valley have allways been in the finals mix.
I’m wondering if viper will share how many league guys qualifyed for to play?
Warnbro will be too strong and win by 7 goals

Have herd that there will be a few WAAFL officials keeping a very close eye on this game! Sure everyone loves a bit of banter and a little biff but let’s not let it get Out of control. If Nolla have there stars play I think they are unstoppable, For me DM just need to settle first and take control, don’t drop a level and keep there mind on the ball things might fall there way. Nolla by 3 goals

Lynwood I think have a stronger ressies team from what I have seen! Anything can happen on the day. SNESA ressies have done well to step up into the c2 comp as it’s never easy.
Lynwood by 4 goals

Looks like the sunshine will be out and ball skills should be on point for some great games this weekend.
Good luck all

Last edit: by KickTheBall.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154362

• Viper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hey KTB,

Given the high amount of injuries again this year I don’t actually know. I’ll say 12 as it sounds good lol

I forgot about the colts.

Secret Harbour with only the one loss will be red hot favourites.

Going the jets to beat ridge and Cobras over Mossies.

Last edit: by Viper.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154396

• Viper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Valley Vs Warnbro

Good game with Warnbro steadying in the last 5 minutes to win by 15 points. Warnbro kicked 2 in the first, 1 from a 50, to lead by 13 points. Took 10 minutes for Valley to get an inside 50 but didn’t trouble the scorers even though they were going forward.

2nd quarter Valley started a lot better to draw within a point before they let Warnbro run amok and kick 4 unanswered goals rounding out the quarter 4 goals up. Number 13 for Warnbro had a field day in that last 10 mins and had every clearance to his name during that time too. Was a ripping 10 minutes by him.

3rd quarter was all Valley really. Dominated the midfield and practically everywhere around the ground EXCEPT on the scoreboard. They kicked 4 to be within 2 points and really should have gone in 3-4 goals up.

The fourth was an absolute tussle both ways before Warnbro got a steadier towards the end of the quarter. The half back lines were in red hot form for both teams constantly stopping the inside 50’s. I don’t think the mark paid to give the goal was a mark but that’s football. Umpire was in a bad spot so he paid it.

The umpires were ok. Couple decisions were a bit average but I don’t think influenced the outcome.

Was a good game to watch with I don’t think one late hit nor one push and shove. Both teams played the ball all day and was certainly good for local football.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154397

• Viper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Ridge were 5.1 to Wiccy 1.1 at qtr time.

Ridge with a young hard running team were outlaying wiccy badly. The ridge ruckman I don’t think lost a ruck tap. Just a big tall lad.

Magro kicked the first for wiccy but after that was all one way.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154411

• Viper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Next week

Warnbro vs Ocean Ridge
Ocean Ridge Vs Warnbro
Ocean Ridge Vs Mosman Park

High Wycombe Vs Dianella Morley
Swan Valley Vs Lynwood
Secret Harbour Vs Jandakot Jets

See if the league force Ridge to split. Common sense not to.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154569

• FreeKick
  • Thank you received: 0
Woowweee wooo woo

I ventured down to the game of the yr against nolla & dm, as my team havent had the best year so it was off to the local derby for me. I mus say the crowd was huge and the atmosphere was the best. It was the allstars vs the underdogs.

It was rough and veriocus and so tough. The game lived up to the hype. Nit was an arm restle all game with nollas star studfied fwd line looking intimidating but credit to the boys down back for dm who held there own againts ex afl/wafl players. I must say dm never took a back step when it came to some physical contact. Different story to nolla who i believe just wanted the easy ball and couldnt handle the heat.

Last qtr dm had all the run, with nolla allstars just walking and being lazy. I guess thats y they didnt have long carreers. Dm eventual dominated last 15min and won comfortably. Thank god dm are in c2. Me lads wouldbt stand a chance against em in c3. Woooooooooòooo weeeee what a game.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154627

• KickTheBall
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Well I’d say tips probably went as expected, with possibly only DM giving Nolla a shake up and bring home a big win, and you know what they didn’t even need there umpire, so well done to them.

Obviously the doggies did try hard but ridge just too good on the day. Should be some exciting games this weekend with ridge and warnbro, and the doggies hosting DM

In the ressies the valley boys really took it to warnbro but just couldn’t get over the line and as expected Lynwood just too good for SNESA.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154696

• fisherman
Warnbro should get over the line against ridge this weekend and walk into the GF.

DM play like they did against Nollamara they should get over HW but its not going to be a walk in the park. HW are a good side when they are up and about, they've played some good footy this year but I think DM should win by a few goals.

C2 Finals 5 years 7 months ago #154731

• desert dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Free kick was there any cards given on Saturday in the DM v Nolla game

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 380 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes