Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

E3 finals 5 years 8 months ago #154187

• Sugarkane
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
No talk on here about the E3 season thus far so I thought I'd do a little write up of what I've seen throughout the season.

Its looks to be between 4 teams in this unusual 6 team finals series with melville and ellenbrook looking like they will do no damage.

Ventured down to kingfisher to watch a day of football. Its was a one sided day as expected but I was there for the feature game. Balla V Gosnells.

Having been beating by 10 goals only acouple of weeks ago balla would be hoping to bring a better performance in front of voiceful home crowd.
Whilst weaving my way through to hit the canteen and bar I came across a conversation which included ballajura missing acouple of key players due to injury so I thought to myself this will make for a tough test.

As the game started it was neck and neck for the first 3 quarters with gosnells in front but the tide was changing
I couldn't help notice 1 bloke playing an absolute blinder for balla. Number 3. Not sure of his first name but there was a crowd on the limestone seats screaming out GODWARD. Bloke was everywhere.

Speaking about limestone seating, the group was vocal and there was much talk about this random generator. Everbloke had a number and that number was their player on the field and you had to have a drink everytime someone player scored a goal. Lucky to the bloke who had ballas full forward as he put on a show.

In the last quarter it was all balla and only balla. Gosnells no where to be seen. 1 bloke who did play well for gosnells was number 1, gozward. Credit to him.

Next week with forrestfield and balla with the bye. ECU to play melville and gosnells to play ellenbrook.

Good luck to all teams and hopefully we can get some more voice about E3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

E3 finals 5 years 8 months ago #154214

• Trumpy
Hey lads Trumpy here, long time Tweeter, first time Ozfooty poster. I ventured down to the Fishbowl early Saturday morning to get a good yarn in with all my loyal subjects, it was a pity half of them would run away from me when I tried to talk to them but Trumpy is used to that so no harm done. I did manage to corner one bloke (I don't think he was the type of bloke to move very far once he's settled) who told me all about these fantastic bar tables he had made for the club out of pallets! Trumpy thought this might be an opportunity and asked him if he could use his fantastic skills to build a wall... He said he would get back to me and continued to tell everyone else that walked past about his creation. Anyway on to the footy..

I sat and watched the colts game and from the glimpses i saw between gossiping and telling everyone how to make E3 great again I could tell Ballajura looked the hungrier team. They were fierce around the ball, well set up and applied better pressure I have seen from them all year. They play CV again this week in a replay and should get the choccies and advance to the next round.

The next was the magoos and much to my delight the sun had stayed out and it didn't look like i would need my umbrella for a change... I packed it just in case! It was a blowout and the balla boys will enjoy their week off while Stirling finish their season winless. Shout out to my favourite player the CABBAGE who managed a few cheeky snaggers in the win!

Next was the league and there was much talk of a weapon on the ground which made Trumpy very concerned. After talking to some of the loyal royals I managed to find out the weapon was a player! One of the balla boys had nicknamed himself the weapon... strange stuff! Anyway he kicked a couple so he was able to back it up. Another blowout, good luck to Stirling in C2 next year.

FINALLY! It had been a long day for Trumpy (didn't even get in my usual afternoon nap!) but it was finally time for the main event. As Sugarkane said it was neck and neck for the first 3 quarters which was frustrating Trumpy as none of the players seemed to be listening to my directions. No one was kicking to the HOT SPOT and no one was TRUSTING THE PROCESS. What's the point in having a cliche motto if no one even listens?!?!?! The last quarter came and all of a sudden gosnells looked tired. I never thought we would pull away trying lower our eyes and hit targets going to the forward 50 but it paid off! Risky stuff I tell ya, there was a few words after the game to the mids thats for sure.

I've sent the local Balla Spy out to the E3 games this week as he is a resource available to the club so we should have all the intel we need for the upcoming finals series. Good luck to all teams.

Make E3 Great Again.

Last edit: by Trumpy. Reason: typo

E3 finals 5 years 8 months ago #154259

• Birdman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
From this week onwards, Ballajura will not be able to drop League and Reserves players back to E3. Suspect they won't find things easy from here on.

Forrestfield appear to be the team to beat in E3 this year.

Interesting that E3 finals this week are at Arena Joondalup instead of ECU's home ground. Maybe the siren and the timekeeper won't be in ECU's dugout?.

E3 finals 5 years 8 months ago #154279

• Sugarkane
  • Topic Author
You sound abit ln the sour side birdman

E3 finals 5 years 8 months ago #154300

• thefloglife
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm with Birdman here. They werent the only ones that dropped players back last year in the back end of the season though. Last season some teams playing finals seemed a lot better than reg season, but with the same listed players.....

E3 finals 5 years 7 months ago #154454

• Birdman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
What cracker of a game between Gosnells and Ellenbrook yesterday - right down to the wire as Gosnells gradually got the upper hand to win by just 7 points.

Interesting umpiring - the young bloke picked up everything early on but backed off a little after the first quarter.

ECU vs Melville went much as expected, but I thought a good effort from Melville against a fitter, younger ECU team.

Really disappointed that West Perth FC did not offer bar or canteen services. Given their financial position, I would have thought that opening up for 2 finals games, especially with both featuring Clubs local to them, was an absolute no brainer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

E3 finals 5 years 7 months ago #154463

• Whitey
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Don’t forget the young umpire bouncing the ball in the middle during the last quarter and doing a poor one after players from both sides told him to throw it up after his shocking effort to start the game.

Good luck next week to all 4 sides still in it, should be a couple of cracking matches this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E3 finals 5 years 7 months ago #154589

• Kermit
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
To qualify for the finals, do you have to register 4 or 5 games played in that competition before being elegible?

E3 finals 5 years 7 months ago #154593

• CasualObserver
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
I agree. Bloody good first game between Gosnells and Ellenbrook and Melville tried hard but ECU were the better side on the day.

Shocked that there was nothing more than a coffee truck there on Saturday. Hard to raise some badly needed funds if nothing is open.

Last edit: by CasualObserver.

E3 finals 5 years 7 months ago #154595

• Birdman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Kermit - it's 5 games to qualify, but there are if's, but's and maybe's.

I took the liberty of emailing West Perth FC about the lack of facilities but have yet to receive a response.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1390 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA