Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C4 Mid Season Review 5 years 9 months ago #150045

• Highpants
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Now that each club has played one another at least once, i thought I’d chuck in my own 2 cents on how each club is travelling and my predictions for the rest of the year.

11. Armadale (0 & 10) - I expected somewhat of a rebuild from Armadale this year but boy did I get it wrong. Despite some promising signs earlier in the season they’ve been no where near it all year. Hard to see where the wins will come from and I expect some bigger losses as the season goes on.

10. Wanneroo (2 & 9) - Not a bad effort for a 3rds side in this game by picking up a couple of victories and being far from disgraced. As the season wears on, you may well find that their 4th side in the c4 reserve comp strengthens as they are still in the hunt for finals.

9. Bayswater (2 & 9) - I expected a bit more from Bayswater this year as they once again recruited quite well over the summer. They have managed to pick up a couple of wins in recent weeks which included a 100 point demolition job of Armadale 2 weeks ago. They will win a few more games as the season progresses, but don’t be surprised to see more of a focus go into their reserves who are in the hunt for a finals berth.

8. Cobras (3 & 7) - With the fallout from last years salary cap scandal, I expected the Cobras to be in all sorts of trouble this year and potentially fall down to e grade like Noranda. Full credit to those at the club who have stuck it out this year and kept 3 sides on the park. They’ve been reasonably competitive throughout the year and will be as happy as they can be with where they are at now. Don’t be surprised to see their reserves as a dark horse for the flag come September.

7. Yanchep (4 & 6) - Still in the hunt for finals but only just. They’ve been another side who have been quite competitive (particularly at home) but still not quite there with the top sides. Depth is a big issue for this club, with their reserves having won just the one game. Have a tough run home in playing Jandakot (twice), Rossmoyne, Manning and Coolbellup in their remaining games .

6. Coolbellup (6 & 4)- Somewhat of a surprise packet this year after coming up from E grade. Play a very fast tempo game, which allows them to put on big scores very quickly. Came away with a gutsy win over Manning to remain in the hunt for finals and now find themselves in a 3 way battle with Cockburn Lakes and Manning for 4th and 5th spot. This weekends game against Cockburn Lakes could be massive in the scheme of things for the year.

5. Manning (6 & 4) - I expected a lot more from the Rippers this year and like many others, expected them to be going straight back up to c3. Have lost a few close games they should have won and seem to be a bit slow in key areas of the field. Remaining 6 games of the season could be telling in where they finish up as they have difficult games against Jandakot, Rossmoyne, Cockburn Lakes and Osborne Park to round out the season.
Could finish as high as 3rd but could also drop as low as 6th. Good to see their reserves side up and about after a number of lean years.

4 Cockburn Lakes (6 & 4)- Looking on track to play finals for the first time in a long time, the boys from Cockburn Lakes will be ecstatic with their season to date. Seem to have gotten stronger as the season has gone on and put some of the lower teams in the competition to the sword. Some crucial games coming up to round out the season, where with the right results they could potentially pinch 3rd spot.
I expect them to come home quite strong and secure 4th place.

3. Rossmoyne (7 & 3) - Another side who are seemingly getting better as the year has gone on. A very difficultl side to play against due to their physicality, I expect them to hold onto 3rd spot and battle it out with Osborne Park for the right to be bridesmaid to Jandakot at seasons end. So far the only side to get anywhere near Jandakot, going down by 30 points in the last round.
Depth is again a huge issue for this club with a virtually non-competitive reserves side.

2. Osborne Park (10 & 1) - In any other year, Osborne Park would be leading the competition with the form they are in. Unfortunately for them, there is a red-hot Jandakot side destroying all in their path. The saints have a strong side all over the park and an ability to run out games better than anyone else I have seen. What makes this all the more remarkable is how they’ve been able to be so strong without multiple B & F winner Dylan Grogan and former rookie-listed afl player Ash Thornton. Have a fairly easy run home and should hold out Rossmoyne for 2nd spot. As always, their reserves are right up there with the best. Giving plenty of depth to the club.

1. Jandakot (11 & 0) - Has a club ever hit the mid-point of the season with an undefeated league and reserves team? An absolutely fantastic year for the Jets to date, who barring some sort of monumental collapse will take out the flag this year. An exceptionally well drilled side, who play a fantastic run and carry game that has blown every side off the park this year. Plenty of depth through the ranks with an undefeated reserves and 3rds side who are in the hunt for finals. If they keep this side together, don’t be surprised to see them dominate c3 in 2019.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C4 Mid Season Review 5 years 9 months ago #150181

• Sand Surfer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
How did Jandakot not go up last year and seem to be so far ahead of everyone else in all grades this season?

C4 Mid Season Review 5 years 9 months ago #150194

• Whitey
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22

Sand Surfer wrote: How did Jandakot not go up last year and seem to be so far ahead of everyone else in all grades this season?

Would have stopped the byes in both C3 & C4.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C4 Mid Season Review 5 years 9 months ago #150201

• Highpants
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Jandakot finished 6th last year but have a number of their colts pushing up as well as a number of returning players from previous years committed to the club this season.

Osborne Park were asked by the WAAFL if they wanted to move up but declined the offer.

You’d expect both sides to be the ones to go up this year. Given what I’ve seen of C3, both would be very competitive in the grade if they keep their current squads together.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 316 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020