Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148297

• Get around him
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Last round before the bye that everyone is no doubt looking forward too. 2 weeks off for the aching bodies to recover is definitely what the physio ordered particularly for a few clubs which have doing it tough the last few weeks.

Finally there is rain on the forecast, which is a wonderful sight especially for our farming friends across the state. With little to no summer rain and no rainfall of any substance since January, most crops have gone in dry and needing a good drink to get the out of the ground and growing. Add to that the lack of feed for livestock at the moment and the governments insistence on banning all avenues to international markets through live export, it is tough times in the Ag industry. Do a farmer a favour, make sure you choose WA grown produce at your local supermarket, they could sure use your support! But I digress............

Interesting results last week have left the ladder looking a bit more spaced out, however matches this weekend still have massive significance for the season ahead. We see a changing of the guard at the bottom of the ladder, and at the other end the ladder leaders stamped their authority on the comp in convincing fashion.

Willeton (LLWWL) vs Carlisle (LWWWL)
Both teams went into last weeks games away on the back of mini winning streaks, and both left the weekend with a loss against their record. Willeton probably would have won on the weekend if they put in a 4qtr effort, but left themselves too much to do after halftime. Carlisle couldn't follow last weeks effort against the Rams and as a result have lost touch with the top 5. Interesting fixture, the loser potentially slips 2 games outside the top 5 with the winner staying in touch heading into the bye. Willeton by 19.

Bassendean (WWLLW) vs Bullcreek (LLLLW)
Bassendean are a bit like Richmond. Seem to look a million bucks against the weaker teams but don't quite live up to their credentials when playing the real finals contenders. They belted struggling Stirling away to regain winning form. Bullcreek took care of Quinns to register their first win and with that, leapfrog them on the ladder to 9th. By all reports they sacked their coach during the week, and as we have seen in the AFL that can generate a response from the playing group. Also having a WAFL listed player coming back from injury play and kick 7 helps ! Up against better opposition this weekend so look forward to seeing if they have turned a corner. I think not. Basso by 68.

Ballajura (WWWWW) vs Kenwick (WLLWW)
Not a bad form line for Balla, and against some quality oppposition. Don't need to say much else, I think we all expected this and the loss in round 2 is s distant memory. Kenwick are the giant killers however, and have been known to topple a ladder leader. Come in with good form also with a couple of wins, but this is next level. Sitting 4th on the ladder and would be pretty happy with their work thus far but can't see them winning this one. Ballajura by 27.

Gosnells (WWWLL) vs Stirling (WLLLL)
Gosnells must be wondering what is happening, back to back losses??! What is this strange phenomenon. Comprehensive loss on the weekend to Ballajura also has probably given them an idea on where they are at, or where they need to be, in C1. Stirling are going terribly, I won't repeat what I normally say, refer to older posts and paste in here. Away to Gosnells, who would be stinging after the last 2 weeks, this will get ugly. Gosnells by 70+.

Quinns (LLLWL) vs Melville (LWWLW)

Old foes, played in a GF against each other 3 years ago but their tales since then have been a mixed bag. Quinns would have had every right to go into last weeks game confident, but were belted if we are honest. Think they got the Creek on a bad day however so I tend not to read into it as much. Melville were at their best for the first 2 qtrs last week, before reverting back to their worst for 30 mins until a late burst sealed the win. Their wins won't have done much to quiet the doubters, both internally and externally, until they can string together 4 qtr efforts for multiple games in a row. Don't think Melville have every won at Ridgewood, but I expect that to change this weekend. Melville by 11.

Have a great weekend all, put everything into is as you have a week off to recover. Good luck also to whoever is competing in the HBF run on Sunday. If you see me during the 12km say hi. I will be the one wearing the HBF Run for a Reason singlet, starting in group B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: All the kings horses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Get around him.

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148299

• All the kings horses
  • Thank you received: 1
Great write up as always Get Around Him.

Willetton vs Carlisle
Both teams like playing an outside running game so It will come down to who wants to put their head over the pill in this one. Tipping an upset at Willettons home ground. Carlisle by 16

Bassendean vs Bull creek
I don't think last weeks effort by the creek is fooling anyone, business as usual for Basso who will run rings around The opposition. Is there a mercy rule? Basso by 80+

Ballajura vs Kenwick
The safe bet here would be Ballajura easily but Kenwick can be hard to read at times. I don't think they will win but I think they will be more competitive than first though. Balla by 28

Gosnells vs Stirling
Not looking good for any Saints team at the moment. I can't see Stirling getting close in this one. Hard to believe that you can start 3-0 and 4 weeks later be in the race for C2. Gozzy by 67

Melville vs quinns
These two have built a huge rivalry over the years. Both going up to B grade together and back down together and Always having close games with plenty of niggle. You would have to go back to the 2015 regular season to see the last time the rams beat the bulls up at ridgewood park. These two will once again lock horns but it will be the Rams who stampede over the top. Melville by 26

Good luck to all teams this week.

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148332

• CasualObserver
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Carlisle by 5
Bassendean by 62
Ballajura by 41
Gosnells by 73
Melville by 28

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148360

• Banga
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
With the rain and wind for tomorrow I think most games will be within 20 pts, maybe even a couple upsets.

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148403

• The Major
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
And the Ballajura juggernaut goes rolling on. 30 scoring shots to 12 says it all really. Scary the depth at the club ATM with all four teams convincing winners today.

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148418

• crowsfeet
  • Thank you received: 1
Report Carlisle V Willetton

Willetton were pretty well on top most of the game in a hard faught game, carlise were never out of the game and it almost came back to haunt willetton who have never beat carlisle. Carlisle pilled on 3 quick goals in the last quater and just couldnt kick a goal to get in front.

One of many ridicolous calls from the umpires was called when willettons fullback kicked the ball coming of the side of his foot and just missing a target and the umpires calling it deliberate. Luckily justice pervailed and carlisle missed. Carlise managerd to get in front in the last 5 minutes where a sloppy turn over in the back 50 and a slip from a willetton player let a carlise player snap a goal.

With the carlisle supporters going wild willetton had 2 free kicks in the last few minutes which should have been down the ground and 20 metres out direct in front from a cheap shot after the play and both were called back to where the kicker was hit (no idea where these umpires came from they were shocking in the last quater)

With only a minute to go willetton kicked the ball long and the full foward marked and kicked truly with the siren only a matter of seconds away from going.

Willetton were lucky to win but should have made the most of their chances while they were on top but just left the door open for carlisle and to their credit they almost snatched it,

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148469

• Get around him
  • Topic Author
Thanks for the updates guys, good to see a bit of conversation starting ! 5/5 for my tipping !

@The Major, Ballajura are certainly flying however with Kenwick colts/reserves who are basically non-existent on Saturday I would have hoped they'd win!
@Crowsfeet, umpiring is always a contentious topic in amateur football but important to keep in mind that due to lack of numbers not all umpires in C1 are panel supplied this year. Most are club umpires allocated to a neutral game so bound to be some errors.

Right, Quinns vs Melville recap!

Colts was a sense of dejavu for the Rams. Got off to a flyer like they did last week, had an unassailable lead at half time like they did last week, and took the foot off the gas in the second half like they did last week. The results were still convincing wins, but it is a worrying trend and is purely attitude. Would want to get that sorted as after the bye is a top of the table clash with Bassendean with the winner securing top stop.

In the reserves, Quinns were way too good for an undermanned and inconsistent Rams side. Quinns are just even all over the park, have good ball users through the middle and give their forwards plenty of supply. Rams did improve after half time to keep the total under 100. Quinns will be hard to beat in the reserves this year if they keep that current side.

In the league, Melville won by 18 points. They lead for the entirety of the match, making the most of the breeze in the 1st and kicking a couple into it in the 2nd to take a lead into half time which would be the eventual margin. It got out to 6 goals in the 3rd, before a couple of late majors to Quinns in the last few minutes made the scoreline a bit more flattering. Melville enter the bye a game clear in 4th at 5-3 and Quinns creep up to 9th on percentage but look in real trouble.

From an outsider looking in, you cant help but scratch your head as to what is going on at Quinns. When your reserves are flying at 7-1 and winning easily against good opposition, and your league is really struggling at 1-7 and staring down relegation it poses questions. There would be half a dozen at least guys in that reserves side who could step in and make an immediate impact at league level. Their league side looked young and small, perhaps they have gone a youth policy which isnt quite working? Either that or the club is making a stand at the selection table in regards to paying fees and training attendance. Or its cultural, with a group hell bent on winning a reserves flag even if it means backing up in C2 the next year. I look forward to how they respond after the bye, as they have proved to be a successful and competitive club over the past few years.

Last edit: by Get around him. Reason: Adding in comments

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148479

• Left foot hook
  • Thank you received: 0
Get around him,

Agree with you on with the quinns situation. How can you have your top team last and your 2nd team on top. Happened a couple years back when ocean ridge on the 1s couldn’t buy a game and got relegated and their 2s side was pumping everyone and could even beat some league sides. If they are sacrificing the year to promote youth at the expense of relegation and then compensating by getting a flag in 2s I don’t entirely agree with it but they may well be taking a stand against players not paying their fees. I hope it’s the second one.

Loving the write ups this year fellas. Keep it up

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148528

• Freofortheflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Love your work get around him!

Some pretty high scoring games considering the poor conditions. And particuarly in the ressies games.

I am very intrigued about the closeness of this competition this year.
Other than Ballajura no real standouts and on a relegation end Quinns and Creek look to be ok on their days (they haven’t really been belted every week)

Stirling took it up to Gossies on the weekend after a poor showing last week. Interested to hear about that game? Gossies have had an average 3 weeks 2 loss and just scraped over the line on the weekend.

C1 Round 8 5 years 10 months ago #148529

• Sand Surfer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
QUinns have some blokes that are older and mates and probably just want to play ressies and train once a week, win a flag. Nothing wrong with that really. Many good footy players going around in the C1 reserves and all levels really, great players that have lost that real competitive edge.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 293 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog