Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A Grade Round Two 5 years 11 months ago #145496

• boothead
  • boothead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Trinity Aquinas vs University @Bill Grayden Reserve MOTR
I really see this game as a massive one for both sides, these will be two sides both fighting for finals sides and will both be desperate for a win here. TA's finished strong last week against a classy North Beach outfit whilst Uni were completely outplayed by one of the premiership fancies.
TA's by 3 Goals.

Kingsway vs North Beach @Kingsway Reserve
A Grade football arrives at Kingsway Reserve for the first time in an interesting match up, Kingsway who were good in patches last week come up against last years runner up in what will be a massive indicator of where they are at. I could see a upset here but the Beach will win just in front of a parochial Kingsway Crowd.
North Beach by 2 Goals.

Scarborough vs Wanneroo @Millington Reserve
Wanneroo impressed everyone with their first game in A grade with a huge win over Curtin but they come up against a premiership fancy in Scarborough who left a massive statement to the rest of the competition last week also.
Scarborough by 5 Goals.

Fremantle CBC vs Kalamunda @Morris Buzzacott Reserve
Both sides had wins last week with Kalamunda scraping across the line at home and CBC getting the job done at Wembley. This game will really see where Kalamunda are at, and they need to start finding some more consistent form away from home.
Fremantle CBC by 7 Goals.

Curtin Uni Wesley vs Wembley @South Oval
This was very close to being match of the round due to fact that both these teams need to respond after poor first round showings. Curtin Uni were given a football lesson by the new kids on the block Wanneroo whilst a young Wembley side were put in their place at home against a hardened CBC side.
Wembley by 3 Goals.

Good luck to all sides this weekend!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Grade Round Two 5 years 11 months ago #145545

• Champ Kinds
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Its been a long week waiting for MrM's game review and sadly there was none.

I agree with your match of the round Boothead.

Uni will be disappointed with the result last week and will not want to go 0-2. TAs will make up for the slow start and get the win. TA's 1 goal.
Kingsway were unlucky not to get their first win and will take confidence in being at home for the first time. North Beach a little to classy though, North Beach 3 goals.
Great start by Wanneroo but they face a huge challenge this week against a fierce Scarborough side, at home. Scarborough made the nest start possible, look for this to continue. Scarborough 5 goals.
CBC gave a strong performance in the first round and expect another one here. CBC 5 goals.
Both will want to respond to the results last week and they will. A close game but Wembley to get the win by 2 goals.

Good luck to all.

A Grade Round Two 5 years 11 months ago #145550

• Mr Mysterious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Well what a good weekend last weekend was, not only did MrM tip 5/5, but apparently word had gotten around MrM returned to his local watering hole for the first time this football season and was greeted with much enthusiasm. Unfortunately for MrM the enthusiasm was not reciprocated by the ladies and MrM was left to wonder if things had changed much at all...they hadn’t.
For all those new followers, MrM’s quest for a MrsM knows no bounds and despite his best efforts, apparently women don’t follow OzFooty, (OZfooty ADMIN, perhaps change some marketing strategies so more women followers are encouraged to join, chat to Mark Zuckerberg about how to access this information).

Some people have also asked MrM, was that your party that your man Tony Galati turned up too in the offseason, the real answer is no. For when MrM and TG catch up, there is no need for fanfare or cameras.
MrM does apologise for no post game write up, as MrM was too excited watching the commonwealth games for him to post, I will endeavour to be better.

Alright let us look at this weekend’s games, thanks Boothead for starting this thread you are an admirable gent, hopefully one day in the far future we can catch up for a shandy or two.

Trinity Aquinas v University @Bill Grayden Reserve MOTR

Well MrM has gone with the first game of the week as the best, two sides who will want to be there at the seasons end facing off early that is why it is this week’s Match Of The Round.
TA’s lost a good game last weekend but they will need to bounce back here as they risk falling to 0-2, back at home this weekend as they face a University side with plenty to improve on from last season. Uni will be looking to get their season under way after a poor showing last weekend, it will be a tough ask and they may even slip to 0-2 here.
Trinity Aquinas by 3 goals

Kingsway v North Beach @Kingsway Reserve

Kingsway lost last week in a last gasp effort, MrM believes, but if you are relying on last gasp efforts then perhaps the correct team won. It will be a good test for them at home against A Grade powerhouse North Beach, as their coach pits himself against his old club. North Beach will want to keep their season rolling along and continue to build each week, I think North Beach will win, but will be closer than expected.
North Beach by 4 goals

Scarborough v Wanneroo @Millington Reserve

Scarborough will be hoping they can keep up last weekend’s form as they look to play finals this season. They do have a good very list on paper but games are played on the field (or in this game, the biggest field in WA). Wanneroo were positive after last weekend’s game but know they face a good test here. Both these sides rekindle their love as they play off for the MrM Cup. I am thinking an upset looms...
Wanneroo by 2 goals

Fremantle CBC v Kalamunda @Morris Buzzacott Reserve

Freo CBC got their season underway last week with a comprehensive victory over Wembley and back at home they will be another side looking to keep that rolling along. They are facing a Kalamunda side that did get a good win last weekend and will be hoping they can translate that home form into away form. Fremantle CBC just needs to stop Kalamunda’s big forwards and it will see them go a long way to winning.
Fremantle CBC by 4 goals

Curtin University Wesley v Wembley @South Oval

Curtin Uni Wesley were overall a little disappointing last weekend and will want to rectify that as they look to rebound this weekend, they face another side who probably fit into that same category in Wembley. Wembley will hope for a better effort than last weeks when they tackle Wesley here. It will be a tough game but I think Curtin Uni will bounce back well here.
Curtin University Wesley by 3 goals.

Good luck to teams this weekend, will MrM be on hand to present his cup to the victors down at Millington...Just wait and see.

A Grade Round Two 5 years 11 months ago #145639

• QuarterBack
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks like it could be a good season. The top 5 should still be slightly better than the rest.

Tips -
TA's 4 Goals
North Beach 9 Goals
Scarborough 1 Goal
Freo CBC 8 Goals
Wembley 3 Goals

Good luck all

A Grade Round Two 5 years 11 months ago #145673

• Big Al
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Trinity Aquinas v University
Uni lost by 8 goals last week. I'm sure that hasn't happened for at least eight years. TA's were very average particularly in the first half, so its hard to gauge whether North Beach and Scarborough are just significantly better than the rest of the competition. Both clubs will want to avoid being 0-2 so it is a very significant game At home I will go with TA's but only just.
Trinity Aquinas by 3 points

Kingsway v North Beach
North Beach played blistering footy for the entire first half last week and if they maintain that form for 4 quarters nobody will touch them this year.
North Beach by 8 goals

Scarborough v Wanneroo
Scarborough look seriously good this year and to dispose of Uni in the manner they did last week suggests they are the early favourites. Hard to know what to expect of Wanneroo but a lot of West Perth talent in the side. I think Mr M will go home very disappointed.
Scarborough by 8 goals

CBC v Kalamunda
CBC as usual look very good early and have an abundance of Port Players going around. Kalamunda beat relegation favourites Wembley, so its hard to predict what they can do this week. I think it will be a comfortable CBC victory.
CBC by 6 goals

Wesley v Wembley
Both clubs expected to be back in B Grade next year, so I'll go with Wesley by the slimmest of margins
Wesley by 3 points.

Last edit: by Big Al.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 484 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL