Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A Grade round one 6 years 2 weeks ago #145018

• boothead
  • boothead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Its that time of year again, round one is here! Its going to be exciting to hear our man Mr Mysterious on the A Grade scene.

Nth Beach vs Trinity Aquinas - Chas Riley (MOTR)
A grand final rematch in round one, what an awesome game this will be. The beach will be very sore after last years result and trinity aquinas will be boyed by the introduction of Cal Walley.
Beach to win in a thriller, Nth Beach by 1 Goal.

Wembley vs Freo CBC - Pat Goodridge
Wembley came back to into A grade last year with big expectations but didnt deliver on the expectations, whilst CBC went out in the prelim to the eventual premiers.
CBC comfortably. CBC by 5 Goals.

Kalamunda vs Kingsway - Ray Owen
Once proud sunday league club Kingsway join A grade for the first time after a shock loss in last years B GF and will have high expectations, whilst kalamunda have been in A Grade for a few years but have lacked the cosistency.
Kingsway by 1 goal.

University vs Scarborough - McGilvrary
These two sides have been one of the most consistent A grade sides for the last two years and will both be in contention in 2018. Scarborough have recruited well and will be pushing for their first flag in 21 years.
Scarborough by 4 goals.

Wanneroo vs Curtin Uni - Showgrounds
Wanneroo come into A grade after an incredible grand final last year and will be hard to beat at home with their parochial crowd whilst curtin uni will be again looking to improve and i think they will start in the right fashion.
Curtin by 2 goals.

Good luck to all teams!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Grade round one 6 years 2 weeks ago #145028

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Wade Twomey from Swans/Subi is playing for Scarborough, will be very handy at that level.

A Grade round one 6 years 2 weeks ago #145174

• Mr Mysterious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
They say it is hard to keep a good man down, well that is definitely not the case for MrM who returns once more to grace the OzFooty forums, with both his wit and his views all of which are bonafide and will leave you wanting more. It will be disappointing to leave behind some of Mr’s favourites in B Grade, but I am sure The big Yuke, The Brothers of Destruction and even The Bonce will carry on the mantle of B Grade notoriety.

MrM is not bound to any club and enters each season as a free agent, so if you have a special offer for MrM please come and see he and he will entertain your thoughts. That being said MrM is on the move to A Grade and is looking forward to seeing various changes and if the step up in quality is real. They say the notable differences are off the field, so let’s see if the quality of deep fried hot chip is just as good if not better than the grades MrM was accustomed to.

For those wondering, MrM enjoyed a fruitful offseason as he returned to Perth in the summer months after completing his course with flying colours. No he didn’t find a MrsM, nor did he score that elusive 100 in cricket (Side note, the book “The Grade Crickter” is based on MrM’s life, its virtually written for and by MrM, so give it a read) but MrM took his first wicket in who knows how long, as the batsmen went for his 4th 6 in a row, MrM tossed it up higher and he was promptly caught at deep midwicket, justice for all, justice!

Time to get into football though, thanks for boothead starting the thread...good to see you’re up and about. Good games everywhere!

North Beach v Trinity Aquinas @Chas Riley Reserve MOTR

Well a Grand Final rematch doesn’t get any bigger than this, that is why it is this weekend’s Match Of The Round.

MrM happened to stroll past Chas Riley as recently as Monday and noticed no goal posts were up? An interesting tactic to play football with I am sure. North Beach will be firing under new coach and looking to get an early win, and avenge for last season grand final loss, which means little really, as TA’s will always have that to remember. TA’s will be looking to make it 3 in a row in 2018 and their journey starts here against a tough North Beach side. I think North Beach will get the win here.
North Beach by 3 goals

Wembley v Fremantle CBC @Pat Goodridge Reserve

Wembley survived 2017 season and that was most likely their goal, but now they must keep improving to make sure they sustain being back in A grade. They are a relatively young side, so it will be good to see how they go, but they face a Fremantle CBC who has probably under achieved in recent seasons. Freo CBC are very good in the regular season, but have failed when it comes to finals, I think that may change this season, as they will get a win here.
Fremantle CBC by 3 goals

Kalamunda v Kingsway @Ray Owen Reserve

Kalamunda are another club who will need to improve on their 2017 form and they get a good chance here against an A Grade newbie. From all reports Kalamunda looked good in the pre season and will be benefitted from a few handy inclusions. Kingsway with a new coach may find the going tough up in the hills, but it is a good test to start A Grade, unsure about this shock loss that boothead talked about in the B Grade GF...the favourites won, just like they will here.
Kalamunda by 3 goals

University v Scarborough @UWA Sports Park

University have been one of the most consistent clubs in the WAAFL across all grades in recent seasons and with a strong influx of Colts, they will continue to do so. They do face a Scarborough team though which is reloaded ready for a big crack in 2018. I can see this game going right down to the wire, but it’s the boys from TheMill who will get the first win.
Scarborough by 2 goals

Wanneroo v Curtin University Wesley @Wanneroo Showgrounds.

Wanneroo will get a real taste for A Grade here when they take on Curtin University Wesley a club who has been around the mark in recent seasons. If Wanneroo want to make a statement, then a win here in-front of a big crowd is needed. Curtin Uni will be hoping to spoil the party and with a former coach returning they will be primed for a big 2018. I can see Wanneroo getting the win here though, mainly because it’s at home and the crowd will be excited.
Wanneroo by 2 goals

Good luck to all sides, and well done to anyone who actually read this rubbish.

A Grade round one 6 years 2 weeks ago #145219

• Champ Kinds
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Great to have Boothead and Mr M dueling it out in the top grade, the footy doesn't really matter. I will be getting my fill on the pre and post game commentary.
I do fear that this may be the end of the B grade banter now, though.

Should be a great year and it is good to see the 2 Roos up in the top grade. Wanneroo returning after a very long absence and a rebuild longer than Carltons. And Kingsway coming up for the first time (congratulations).
It will however be a uphill battle all year for these 2 clubs but that is why we love footy.
It would have been good to see a grand final rematch in round 1 for these two, if nothing else it would guarantee an early win for one of them.

Tips
North Beach - Nothing better than a grand final rematch in the first round.
CBC - Expect them to be very strong this year.
Kalamunda - Home ground sees them home for mine.
Scarb - Close to match of the round. Both will at the top end all year.
Wanneroo - Tipping with the heart.

Last edit: by Champ Kinds.

A Grade round one 6 years 2 weeks ago #145252

• Big Al
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
A big Welcome to all the new posters who have come up from B Grade supporting their teams. Particularly Mr Mysterious who I have followed closely over the past four years!. Lets hope for some constructive comments!

North Beach v Trinity Aquinas @Chas Riley Reserve MOTR[/b
TA's have 8 players missing from their Grand Final side due to injuries and players moving up to the WAFL but I am confident the boys will perform this week. The Beach V TA's games are always great match up's. Beach will want to send an early message to the rest of the competition but I will stay with the heart and pick our boys.
TA's by 6 points

Wembley v Fremantle CBC @Pat Goodridge Reserve
Wembley are rebuilding and trying to stay afloat, but unfortunately CBC have recruited massively in the off season. They should have little trouble in accounting for the young Wembley side.
CBC by 10 goals

Kalamunda v Kingsway @Ray Owen Reserve[/b
Kalamunda have been ordinary over the last 3 yrs and as Mr M says they will need to improve on their 2017 form. Kingsway have an impressive list of WAFL players and will want to send a message to the established A Grade sides.
Kingsway by 5goals

University v Scarborough @UWA Sports Park
Uni as always r the benchmark. However Scabs are serious and they will be led by the ageless Darren Rumble who will send a few shivers through the opposition teams. Scabs are definetly the side to beat in 2018.
Scarborough y 3 goals

Wanneroo v Curtin University Wesley @Wanneroo Showgrounds.
Mr M's pride & joy fresh from their B Grade Flag want to start well and I think they will. I expect Wesley to struggle this year.
Wanneroo by 2 goals

Really excited about 2018! It is wide open and may the best team win through!

Last edit: by Big Al.

A Grade round one 6 years 1 week ago #145360

• boothead
  • boothead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Have got to congratulate Wanneroo on a terrific performance firstly! I was proven wrong on saturday and from what i can see they were outstanding. Kalamunda scraped home in the hills after a Kingsway miss after the siren, but the cougars did deserve the win in the end. North Beach and Trinity Aquinas seemed like an absolute ripper and CBC & Scarborough sent strong warnings to the rest of the comp!

Well done to all.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 353 guests and one member online

• swansfan4life

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977