Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138898

• CasualObserver
  • CasualObserver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
The next course of events would be that Melville would be offered a spot in C1 and if they accept, then they take Noranda's spot.

If Melville refuse, then I would suggest that the preliminary finalist from C2 last year (Warnbro Swans) would be offered the 10th spot.

My guess would be that Melville would accept the offer.

For C2 and C3, it would be 2 up and 1 down to account for Kelmscott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CasualObserver.

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138901

• Big Blue
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Here's the memo from WAAFL General Manager David Armstrong in full...

TO: CLUB PRESIDENTS, COMMITTEES

RE: NORANDA SENIOR FOOTBALL CLUB

After investigation by the WAAFL Competition Integrity Officer, the WAAFL wish to confirm that the Noranda Senior Football Club has admitted to offering inducements and payment of players throughout the 2017 season.

The WAAFL welcomes the openness and honesty of Noranda's new committee in this matter.

For clubs who engage openly and honestly throughout integrity investigations, and admit to certain conduct, the WAAFL Board authorised discretionary powers to the Competition Integrity Officer on penalties which may be applied under WAAFL By-law Part 1, 35.10(d).

Accordingy, the Competition Integrity Officer determined, and the Noranda Senior Football Club agreed, that the club:
  1. Be relegated from C1 to C2 for the 2018 season; and
  2. Receive a $500 fine.
The club was further fined $500 for poor behaviour displayed by some of its spectators at the E-Grade Grand Final on Saturday 9th September 2017.

The same discretionary penalty was offered by the Competition Integrity Officer to the Cobras Football Club. However, the Cobras Football Club denied offering inducements to players. As this matter went to a hearing and the club found guilty of breaching the amateur status by an independent tribunal, the penalty as prescribed within the WAAFL By-laws Part 1, 1 was automatically applied.

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138926

• Disco Knight
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Well well well, its happened again.

CO - remember when we were all commenting earlier in the year regarding paying fees this was what I was on about.

The rules state you cant do this, but we all now its happening.

Noranda have admitted it and said they did not know?

My point all along is we have had teams doing this and advertising it but seems there are different sets of rules and circumstances.

I absolutely agree that the punishment is a joke!

Are the players in question being rubbed out also??????

Or are they just get a clearance to another club????

Time to bring in the points and salary cap in eh boys?
Knight Footy is the winner!

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138928

• Wisewords
  • Thank you received: 0
At least 10 are waiting approval or have already been approved to a fellow c2 side, interesting state of affairs.

$500 fine is what a club would make on bar sales for a home final minimum, doesn’t really fit the crime/mistake whatever it may be

Last edit: by Wisewords.

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138932

• Whispers
  • Thank you received: 0
Well from what I've heard Kingsley are still being looked at and the suspects are a Midfielder and Forward. I agree with Wisewords, the punishment does not fit the crime when it comes to this issue.

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138936

• Freofortheflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Coach get sacked?
Or president get a ban?

How many players were involved in this?

As much as everyone will hang shit on Noranda, deep down you all know that a lot of clubs pay players, help with fees etc.
How else do you get quality players running around in the comp!!

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138943

• CasualObserver
  • CasualObserver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
FFTF - it looks like the new committee self-reported the activities of the former committee. Not sure about the effect on the coach as yet.

DK - I'm sure that if you have a scheme like Lynwood Ferndale's Colts play free (their signs are all over the neighbourhood so it's no secret) and I have seen other clubs advertise the same, then I am sure that the WAAFL would need to sign that off - even more so now!

If we know exactly what Noranda did then we can compare their situation to others.

Relegation is a fair punishment for being found guilty (basically it's cheating) and the penalty is meant to be a deterrent for other clubs but the issue as has been pointed out by others is how many other clubs are bending or breaking the rules and getting away with it.

The players concerned will no doubt get off scot free and will head off to another club.

We are overdue for a points system - they are open and transparent and it's very hard to break the rules when opposition clubs keep an eye on you (as has shown to be the case in Victoria since they introduced a statewide system), but a grassroots competition of our size simply doesn't have the resources to adequately police a salary cap so it is barely worth worrying about implementing a cap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disco Knight

Last edit: by CasualObserver.

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138949

• thefloglife
  • Thank you received: 4
FFTF - The league coach is now over at Mount Lawley. Colts coach has moved into league coach position

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138954

• Blunder
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Mount lawley appointed him as reserves coach for 2018. Josh Wooden is League coach again for 2nd or 3rd year now.

Payment Relegation? 6 years 4 months ago #138967

• Disco Knight
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
CO - My point exactly, must be one rule across the deck for all.

No picking and choosing who can or cant offer inducements or fee payments.
If a club has openly done this whoever they are shouldn't the rule be the same for all?

I agree bring on the pointts system

CasualObserver wrote: FFTF - it looks like the new committee self-reported the activities of the former committee. Not sure about the effect on the coach as yet.

DK - I'm sure that if you have a scheme like Lynwood Ferndale's Colts play free (their signs are all over the neighbourhood so it's no secret) and I have seen other clubs advertise the same, then I am sure that the WAAFL would need to sign that off - even more so now!

If we know exactly what Noranda did then we can compare their situation to others.

Relegation is a fair punishment for being found guilty (basically it's cheating) and the penalty is meant to be a deterrent for other clubs but the issue as has been pointed out by others is how many other clubs are bending or breaking the rules and getting away with it.

The players concerned will no doubt get off scot free and will head off to another club.

We are overdue for a points system - they are open and transparent and it's very hard to break the rules when opposition clubs keep an eye on you (as has shown to be the case in Victoria since they introduced a statewide system), but a grassroots competition of our size simply doesn't have the resources to adequately police a salary cap so it is barely worth worrying about implementing a cap.

Knight Footy is the winner!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 711 guests and 2 members online

• Froggy
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977