Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

F Grade - 2018 6 years 5 months ago #136939

• Banga
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 6
The same argument can be made the other way. Excepting colts, you can play in any grade at any age whatsoever, so why not have 1 comp that doesn't allow you to stack it with it young blood to run around the older guys that would be playing F grade. Minimum age is a great idea for this comp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

F Grade - 2018 6 years 5 months ago #136940

• Firstandfinal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Interesting to understand the need for F Grade, 28+ age group and the "pathway to Masters" philosophy?

I don't see F grade as "growing the game" at all, it's more hindering AFL Masters WA Supers comp (35+) and selfish by the WAAFL to go up against the masters comp, many will say they are not and this is designed for 28-35yo players - but there's no cap on the age - the comp won't kick players out once they turn 35.
If players 28+ can remain at their club, play for premiership points & a flag then why would they move to Supers where you "play for kicks"? So for the WAAFL it's a smart move to retain players
But lets be honest how many 28+ will be playing F grade? more like the 30 somethings will be playing at this level - remain at the club and play with mates so it is a direct competition against masters.
AFL Masters have potentially been left behind again, the masters comp don't seem to embrace change very well but they couldve countered WAAFL by introducing supers for points to retain this age group of players as they do on the east coast.
If supers played for points would that attract more players or be a detraction?
Is there a capability for WAAFL to swallow up the masters comp by bringing in H grade for Masters and I grade for invalids...sorry I mean seniors?

F Grade - 2018 6 years 5 months ago #136949

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100

Firstandfinal wrote: Interesting to understand the need for F Grade, 28+ age group and the "pathway to Masters" philosophy?

I don't see F grade as "growing the game" at all, it's more hindering AFL Masters WA Supers comp (35+) and selfish by the WAAFL to go up against the masters comp, many will say they are not and this is designed for 28-35yo players - but there's no cap on the age - the comp won't kick players out once they turn 35.
If players 28+ can remain at their club, play for premiership points & a flag then why would they move to Supers where you "play for kicks"? So for the WAAFL it's a smart move to retain players
But lets be honest how many 28+ will be playing F grade? more like the 30 somethings will be playing at this level - remain at the club and play with mates so it is a direct competition against masters.
AFL Masters have potentially been left behind again, the masters comp don't seem to embrace change very well but they couldve countered WAAFL by introducing supers for points to retain this age group of players as they do on the east coast.
If supers played for points would that attract more players or be a detraction?
Is there a capability for WAAFL to swallow up the masters comp by bringing in H grade for Masters and I grade for invalids...sorry I mean seniors?

I do not think masters should be considered, many players that will be in this comp will have been at clubs for 10-20 years, they do not want to be forced to leave and join a masters club.

I also think the age limit should be higher, clubs don't want the younger players taking the easy option of playing in an f-grade comp. I would have started at at least 32. 28 year olds should be pushing harder.

F Grade - 2018 6 years 5 months ago #136969

• Vicko21
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Have we all missed the point of this grade? sambirmingham stated that it wasn't supposed to be about older players, but about adding an additional side to a club that couldn't commit to a second, third, or fourth additional competitive side due partly to the player numbers and club resources required to do so.
I wonder how many clubs have actually had a look at the number of players they have over 28 years old, and how many of them would want to play F grade. I know many guys over that age that still want to play in the higher grades, and under 28's that struggle to get regular games in their clubs lowest side.
Imagine having to forfeit an F grade game while a dozen guys are missing out on a game due to not being old enough. That's not helping clubs grow.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 427 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync