Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105172

• Danger
  • Danger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Wongan Ballidu have taken out this years flag,going through undefeated and becoming only the 3rd team in the comps history to do so. Amazing considering they hadn't won a game for the previous 2 years.

Wongan Ballidu 17:10 def Dalwallinu 6:8
BOG - Gavin Munt WB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105228

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Danger wrote: Wongan Ballidu have taken out this years flag,going through undefeated and becoming only the 3rd team in the comps history to do so. Amazing considering they hadn't won a game for the previous 2 years.

Wongan Ballidu 17:10 def Dalwallinu 6:8
BOG - Gavin Munt WB

Good effort but, how many imports $$ did they add this year ? And i am not asking that in a nasty way, as it is part and parcel of country footy these days. Mt Barker who play in GF this Sunday in GSFL have I'm told about 12/14 $$$ travelling players, with no apparent tie to the town prior to this season

Last edit: by kirbs.

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105283

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
We had 8 locals,13 paid players and 1 non paid player in the GF team. The number of locals in the side would've been greater if not for season ending injuries early on. Dalwallinu had 10-12 paid players in their GF side.

As you said kirbs,it's part and parcel of country footy. At the end of the day it comes down to smart recruiting and not necessarily the biggest chequebook!

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105598

• Sneaky 101
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Quite a few of the Wongan players came from Swan Athletic B Grade team in the WAAFL this season - Rumour has it that Swan Ath are confident of getting a few of them back for next season which would be interesting given the $$$ / no $$$ difference in the seperate competitions?

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105609

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Mad Dog wrote: We had 8 locals,13 paid players and 1 non paid player in the GF team. The number of locals in the side would've been greater if not for season ending injuries early on. Dalwallinu had 10-12 paid players in their GF side.

As you said kirbs,it's part and parcel of country footy. At the end of the day it comes down to smart recruiting and not necessarily the biggest chequebook!

Too true. It is ok for strong Clubs to have a go at other Clubs getting players in, but if it is the difference between Club surviving & folding, then those complaining are purely been selfish. What would they rather a 3/4 team comp or 6/7 competitive teams

FOOTNOTE: Love your Avatar, knew of "Maddog" when lived in Perth for a bit. Last year was driving through Belmont, and saw Maddog on his bike, and a mate with me had never heard of him. So we drove slowly behind him, as I quickly told him the Maddog story, then pulled up alongside, wound down the passenger window unbeknown to my mate, who copped a Maddog barrage, and then he started chasing us on the bike, we actually ran a late Yellow light to get away from him. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by kirbs.

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105652

• Devonleigh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Remember him on the Vic Park strip, Albany Highway, from 20 years ago and thought he passed away. Had a cousin in the northern suburbs who was a runner and suffered the same thing.

Mind you the "Roosters" had a coach 30 odd years ago and his name was "MadDog". Top bloke.

Last edit: by Devonleigh.

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105679

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Sneaky 101 wrote: Quite a few of the Wongan players came from Swan Athletic B Grade team in the WAAFL this season - Rumour has it that Swan Ath are confident of getting a few of them back for next season which would be interesting given the $$$ / no $$$ difference in the seperate competitions?

Quite a few?? Try 2 from the previous seasons league side,1 from ressies and 1 that was playing when not at Swans and I think Ath would be more hopeful than confident of getting them back after 1 year.

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105689

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

kirbs wrote:

Mad Dog wrote: We had 8 locals,13 paid players and 1 non paid player in the GF team. The number of locals in the side would've been greater if not for season ending injuries early on. Dalwallinu had 10-12 paid players in their GF side.

Too true. It is ok for strong Clubs to have a go at other Clubs getting players in, but if it is the difference between Club surviving & folding, then those complaining are purely been selfish. What would they rather a 3/4 team comp or 6/7 competitive teams

Yep,they're out there! I'm sure clubs didn't mind beating up on us last year! One of those clubs is rumoured to want to bring in a points system to the comp. Funnily enough they'd be the ones most favoured by such a set up! And they already have a huge advantage over the rest of the teams.

If Wongan Ballidu didn't get in 12-14 players this year theyd not have a club. Much like most of the teams who had paid players,which is every team. It must hurt deeply when they recruit hacks and pay more for them!

Last edit: by Mad Dog.

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105690

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Congrats on the premiership win MD.

On another note I saw the other Mad Dog riding his bike down Guildford Rd the other week Kirbs.
There wouldn't be anyone who grew up in the Eastern suburbs who hasn't heard a story or 2 about him actually make that many urban myths!

Mortlock Football League 7 years 6 months ago #105693

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Congrats on the premiership win MD.

On another note I saw the other Mad Dog riding his bike down Guildford Rd the other week Kirbs.
There wouldn't be anyone who grew up in the Eastern suburbs who hasn't heard a story or 2 about him actually make that many urban myths!

Cheers BH,it was massive for the town after a couple of horror years!

Mad Dog lives just around the corner from myself so come across him quite often whether it be him on his treadly,in the blue helmet on his bike or taking the kids for a walk. 1st time I got chased by him was when I was 10-11. We too had to run a late yellow because we couldn't wind the window up in the old landcruiser.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, kirbs

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 626 guests and 6 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty