OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 100 guests and one member online

  • FIN

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Qwerty
  • Peterw
  • cdullard
  • Big Q
  • Crane1
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
21 Mar 2019
Memories From Yesteryear...Doug Farrant(Perth)
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Luke Meadows

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163760

  • Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3350
  • Thank you received: 91
It looks like Luke might just get his chance of an AFL contract. It appears that Hawthorn are considering giving him a rookie contract as a replacement for Tom Mitchell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163848

  • Champ Kinds
  • Champ Kinds's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 106
  • Thank you received: 5
What a great opportunity.
Looks like the move to Vic has already paid off.
Good luck to him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163861

  • Tiger of old
  • Tiger of old's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1075
  • Thank you received: 113
Good luck to Luke, I gotta say though the first bloke I’d be looking at outside of the afl to replace Tom Mitchell is Jye Bolton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163873

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6150
  • Thank you received: 501
Good to see Meadows in the mix......after two Sandovers and still no AFL drafting, reckon that speaks volumes of what all 18 AFL clubs think of Jye Bolton.....that ship seems to of well n truly sailed....tho with Bennell getting lifeline after lifeline you do wonder how these AFL clubs actually define the term ability or talent....surely Freo would of gotten more value for its money with Bolton on their books instead of Bennell?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163932

  • Leedy
  • Leedy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1888
  • Thank you received: 122

Freezin wrote: Good to see Meadows in the mix......after two Sandovers and still no AFL drafting, reckon that speaks volumes of what all 18 AFL clubs think of Jye Bolton.....that ship seems to of well n truly sailed....tho with Bennell getting lifeline after lifeline you do wonder how these AFL clubs actually define the term ability or talent....surely Freo would of gotten more value for its money with Bolton on their books instead of Bennell?


Not a truer word spoken Freeze, there are some spuds on AFL lists mate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163937

  • Senior Seagull
  • Senior Seagull's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2202
  • Thank you received: 315

Leedy wrote:

Freezin wrote: Good to see Meadows in the mix......after two Sandovers and still no AFL drafting, reckon that speaks volumes of what all 18 AFL clubs think of Jye Bolton.....that ship seems to of well n truly sailed....tho with Bennell getting lifeline after lifeline you do wonder how these AFL clubs actually define the term ability or talent....surely Freo would of gotten more value for its money with Bolton on their books instead of Bennell?


Not a truer word spoken Freeze, there are some spuds on AFL lists mate.


Agree re Bolton is all class on the field and some brief contact off field indicates he's a decent sort of bloke, he has the talent and physique to do well at AFL level, mind boggling that the numpties down at Cockburn wouldn't give him a go given Bennell is pretty much done, can Freo still add a player with this new pre-season/mid season draft?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163947

  • Tiger of old
  • Tiger of old's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1075
  • Thank you received: 113
Its not so much Bennel its the blokes like Mcginnity and Karpany and Tunbridge and Sutcliffe and Sheridan and etc etc etc that get several years on afl lists but blokes like Bolts and several Subiaco players don't get a look in. I know Bolton was rookie listed at the Pies but he was pretty young then and second chances are worth giving

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163948

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • ooollllrrrrrry2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 551
  • Thank you received: 106

Tiger of old wrote: Its not so much Bennel its the blokes like Mcginnity and Karpany and Tunbridge and Sutcliffe and Sheridan and etc etc etc that get several years on afl lists but blokes like Bolts and several Subiaco players don't get a look in. I know Bolton was rookie listed at the Pies but he was pretty young then and second chances are worth giving


And lets not forget Tom Swift, interesting point about Bennell too. At least he did display the talent and certainly showed it in some games, sure I get it things haven't worked out however many others (not Bennell) have made it onto AFL lists with less and done a whole lot less than Bolton.
Guess that's why these recruiters are payed such good coin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163949

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1712
  • Thank you received: 170
There any number of players in the WAFL that folk would like to see given the opportunity and based on their opinion would be worth it.

Folk at WP would always reckon that Black, Nelson, Meadows would be walk up starters, Shaggy Anderson would be one from EP when fit would have been worth it according to folk at the club but the fact is they are really good WAFL players no doubting but there is obviously (or not so) that makes them not on the radar,

As for the players mentioned above when they were drafted they were VG colts players and once on the list made the most until the their use by date came up, except for Swift cos in my opinion someone forgot to do the bar scan on the day he showed up for training and I don't care what Voss said! He was another Ryan Webb best % of passes to opposition in the history of the league!

The mid season process may see some get the opportunity but I reckon being Vic the real key to it and certainly Meadows getting his chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Grump.

Luke Meadows 1 month 1 week ago #163961

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 1048
Great for Luke to get a go. As for Jye Bolton, it mystifies me why none of the AFL teams have given him a chance. Every time he plays against Swans he kills us and is far too good for the WAFL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags