Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156846

• South4theflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Well done today WP turned up to play unlike ur opponents

I hope u make a really good contest next week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156847

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Well done West's a huge turnaround in a fortnight.Against a team and a ground where you struggle .Two very good finals wins but up against the superheavy weights next week.

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156851

• Falcon
  • Thank you received: 154
For all that has happened off field this year the boys blocked it all out and kept focus, we played a very good team today with a lot of experienced players, so to beat them they needed to play at their best and that they did, it has taken 10 attempts to beat Souths but we picked a good time to turn it around, condolence to Souths a team I have allways had a lot of respect for.

As for Bill our coach what a super coach, the club could not recruit one key player for him over summer so he worked with what he had and just gets the best out of his boys, if he doesn’t get coach of the year ... well.

Anyway Caaarrrnnwesttt yay

Last edit: by Falcon.

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156852

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Well done Falcons, the last two weeks have demonstrated the character of the player group. The way they picked themselves up from that 98 point thrashing two weeks ago is a credit to everyone involved. They will be at very long odds next week but who knows with these guys...... West Perth and Subiaco have a lot of Grand final history which started with Subiaco's Cindarella win in 1973 when West Perth had dominated them all season. Could we see a reversal next Sunday perhaps?
Great to see ex Swans player Rudy Riddoch make a valuable contribution to the win as well.

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156854

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
It's almost 1995 all over again. I hope you blokes aren't dusting off Mifka for another crack. ;-)

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156856

• Leedy
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Freezin wrote:

Leedy wrote:

Falcon wrote: That sounds about right.

I might put $500 on us @ $3.75 :)

I hope you made that bet Leedy.....congrats on the win guys....considering all the rubbish u guys have had off field of late, great effort by your on field team to stay focused and get the job done....big ask next week...but hey if any team can do it, WP current lot definitely have the character to do it.....can't believe SF have fallen short again in the prelim....must be very frustrating for their fans......especially with no over paid professional alignment to blame either...this time SF got rolled by a team of semi professionals on 4 cents in the dollar....good job by Stryk too up front....

I put $100 on it :)

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156858

• Leedy
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Well done Falcons, the last two weeks have demonstrated the character of the player group. The way they picked themselves up from that 98 point thrashing two weeks ago is a credit to everyone involved. They will be at very long odds next week but who knows with these guys...... West Perth and Subiaco have a lot of Grand final history which started with Subiaco's Cindarella win in 1973 when West Perth had dominated them all season. Could we see a reversal next Sunday perhaps?
Great to see ex Swans player Rudy Riddoch make a valuable contribution to the win as well.

Cheers Mike H, It unfortunately took a Potente hamstring in the warm up but I said to Swandog that it would be a blessing in disguise and it proved to be. He must play next week for us to have a sniff of winning.

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156859

• Leedy
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: It's almost 1995 all over again. I hope you blokes aren't dusting off Mifka for another crack. ;-)

Funny you mention that BC as I had the video of the 95 2nd Semi playing in the shed when washing the car this morning :)

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156864

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Talking to Leedy during the week and we both agreed West Perth had the engine and the fuel to knock over Souths. The inclusion of Rudy had to happen, he is a player that the opposition has to worry about, give him an inch and he will take ten miles.The inclusion of Moulten who generally plays wing / forward played in the back line and took some telling marks and spoils in the first half. Both of those players respected Bills belief that they were capable of doing the job. I thought the umpiring was crap, how the umpires interpret actions has got me stuffed. Anyway who would of thought season 2018 the Eagles may go into the Grand Final and the Falcons make it to the Grand Final with no flash afl imports and no money, just a bunch of local lads mixed with some interstate players and Rudy from Swans, Bill has to stay on. He has done a superb job and the club has to hold him. One week at a time fellers, one week at a time.

SF V WP Preliminary 5 years 7 months ago #156866

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Yep, phenomenal job by Bill.

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 304 guests and one member online

• Royals78

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977