OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 165 guests and one member online

  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Godbyi06
  • mike stanley
  • bailzoop
  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: Garlic Implosion

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130208

  • Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3514
  • Thank you received: 355

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Leedy wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: Disappointing to hear West Perth's huge loss in this match. And losing 7 of their last 9 is not ideal as the Finals rapidly approach. And many of those 7 lost matches has been by significant margins.
Does make one wonder what's happening there because last weeks game was also pivotal as far as West Perth are concerned.


WA guy- Here is our problem below, add to the fact we have 5 players with under 5 games experience and it tests our depth, take those types out of any line up and see how you go. Poor old EF and Perth are the only other sides that have copped significant injuries like us this year and look where they are. At this point in time we are the 8th worst side in the comp and next weeks loss to EF will confirm that.

Hamilton
Lourey
Manning
Strijk
Moulton
Potente
Munns
Morrow
Brown
Gaudagnin

Most WAFL sides bar SF have had to deal with extensive injury lists all year...at SD we have had the likes of Blight, Coniglio, Ellard, Rogers, Ellis, Ames, Crowley, Cipro, Daniels, Blakely, Yarran, Clutterbuck, Hackett among others out for lengthy periods of the season so far...it is a fact of life when you play a contact sport SF have been pretty lucky so far this year in that regards but WP, P & EF are not the only ones that have been severely affected!

Just remember we have an easy draw though mate :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130278

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Grump wrote: To beat WP in all three grades is always a great thing but I walked away from the ground wondering what was happening!

The colts as I understand it had a number of players in the reserves and thus had to bring in players and it showed although your experience players were also found wanting, kicking the ball out of bounds from a kick in 4 times was deplorable and the player is an experienced player. Where is your development, I know if we had 10 players out that those who came in would know the game plan and play accordingly, your boys seemed at sea. I am not taking anything away from my boys but I was concerned at the WP performance. Any ideas

Mate we don't have the luxury of being attached to an AFL team who gives you millions of dollars worth of players every week, so you guys would have the opposite problem of an over supply in your colts and rezzies trying to make room for them all..

In saying that we need a director of coaching like we had in 2002/3 with John Dimmer over seeing the whole club.

The alignment has negligible effect on the reserves and none on the colts so your point is a little lost on me. The issue seems to be one where the colts process is having to cobble together a team, having said that you did bring in one of your 16's players (much to his dads chagrin seeing him in the red and blue) but when we lose players to PSA or the ressies (which we have) we are able to bring in players easily. It was a bit of worry for me to see your colts, who were quite strong early to be in that situation. All I want is for your development to be strong!


Grump I must take exception to your assertion about the host club alignment doesn't have an impact on the ressies team. Of course it does. If you have an extra 10 players playing in the ressies that would be playing in the league team if the host club alignment wasn't i place, must have an impact on the ressies.

You would be right in your assumption if the results bore it out but if you look at our performances and results you would have you wonder. Not sure the situation is as you suggest!

As for the weagles players that are in the ressies mmmmmm, many think Rioli is the goods but ......... and as for the other two you there a bit of the Dylan Mains abt them!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130410

  • JD62
  • JD62's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 105
  • Thank you received: 9

Grassy wrote:

Leedy wrote:

JD62 wrote:

astro wrote: Hearing bigger issues than todays loss. Staff walk out and player revolt against administration causing few issues. Karma bus maybe

Was bound to happen astro. Been rumbling on for years and is just coming to the surface now that the team is struggling. A good cleanout of the football department is needed including coaching and development.


Here we go, your boy been arsehold from $ubi has he JD ???


Yes Leedy,isn't it odd that he crawls out from his Rock,at the slightest hint of trouble at West Perth.


Unfortunately Grassy unlike what you may think most people have more to do in life than spend hours each day being angry at the sky on a WAFL website. Just pop my head in every now and then to see if Danny is still being the self appointed internet defender of West Perth.

Now we see in todays paper the club has started a process that should be ongoing if West Perth is to stay relevant in the competition. Maybe if we had a closer look at the running of the club a lot earlier we wouldn't be where we sit right now, the only team without a squad in the top 5 in any of the three grades.

The proccess was something being asked by many supporters of the Falcons including myself and I am thrilled we can start moving on. As long as it is an open blanket review but it is something I have been arguing for on here for a long time.

Now Leedy I will leave it to you to deride a dissenter, pretend to I must be a disgruntled parent to divert criticism on the club. I'm sure your thoughts will now have changed, you will talk about the process being a fantastic move by management even though you've been against it every time I brought it up.

Maybe one game you can join other supporters in the grandstand for a chat at half time, we are always there right until the team comes off the ground win, draw or big loss. We're all Falcons supporters and not the type of supporter to leave early despite the scoreline.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JD62.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130412

  • astro
  • astro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1162
  • Thank you received: 40
The Garlics have been going as well as any club in the top half of the comp because they been a stable club over the past decade passionate contributors on and off field. Now they have hit wall or maybe a road block. Seems to be unrest within and that maybe affecting a whole range of things. Footy review is a good idea but i would think an all of club review might be even better

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130425

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5852
  • Thank you received: 419
Swandog is Blakely still injured from last year?...geez that must be the longest ACL rehab in history....is SD injury list as bad as last year?....because I am confused if it is because SD injuries more so Blakelys were the main reason for SD wooden spoon last year...this year they are in 4th and Blakely is still injured.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130426

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Freezin wrote: Swandog is Blakely still injured from last year?...geez that must be the longest ACL rehab in history....is SD injury list as bad as last year?....because I am confused if it is because SD injuries more so Blakelys were the main reason for SD wooden spoon last year...this year they are in 4th and Blakely is still injured.....


Freezin I will give you the benefit of the, albeit, grave doubt and let you know he has finished his medical degree and is now an intern and is not available to play for us. He has been one of our league runners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130429

  • Falcon
  • Falcon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 617
  • Thank you received: 98
I am glad they have included John Dimmer in the review to have a look at the coaching structure of the club, he is a wealth of knowledge..
To have all 3 levels of the club out of the finals is just not acceptable..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130437

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5852
  • Thank you received: 419

swan42 wrote:

Freezin wrote: Swandog is Blakely still injured from last year?...geez that must be the longest ACL rehab in history....is SD injury list as bad as last year?....because I am confused if it is because SD injuries more so Blakelys were the main reason for SD wooden spoon last year...this year they are in 4th and Blakely is still injured.....


Freezin I will give you the benefit of the, albeit, grave doubt and let you know he has finished his medical degree and is now an intern and is not available to play for us. He has been one of our league runners.


Yeah my mates son is doing the same degree with TI Blakely....thus not sure why he is on Swandogs injury list for SD this year.....pretty sure Perth EF and WP have had far worse injury woes than SD this year....but hey I am blinkered and biased unlike u SD boys....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130444

  • kirbs
  • kirbs's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 660
  • Thank you received: 17
Time for Billy to step aside as Coach - had a good innings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Garlic Implosion 1 year 3 months ago #130645

  • Leedy
  • Leedy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1837
  • Thank you received: 117

Grassy wrote:

JD62 wrote:

Grassy wrote:

Leedy wrote:

JD62 wrote:

astro wrote: Hearing bigger issues than todays loss. Staff walk out and player revolt against administration causing few issues. Karma bus maybe

Was bound to happen astro. Been rumbling on for years and is just coming to the surface now that the team is struggling. A good cleanout of the football department is needed including coaching and development.


Here we go, your boy been arsehold from $ubi has he JD ???


Yes Leedy,isn't it odd that he crawls out from his Rock,at the slightest hint of trouble at West Perth.


Unfortunately Grassy unlike what you may think most people have more to do in life than spend hours each day being angry at the sky on a WAFL website. Just pop my head in every now and then to see if Danny is still being the self appointed internet defender of West Perth.

Now we see in todays paper the club has started a process that should be ongoing if West Perth is to stay relevant in the competition. Maybe if we had a closer look at the running of the club a lot earlier we wouldn't be where we sit right now, the only team without a squad in the top 5 in any of the three grades.

The proccess was something being asked by many supporters of the Falcons including myself and I am thrilled we can start moving on. As long as it is an open blanket review but it is something I have been arguing for on here for a long time.

Now Leedy I will leave it to you to deride a dissenter, pretend to I must be a disgruntled parent to divert criticism on the club. I'm sure your thoughts will now have changed, you will talk about the process being a fantastic move by management even though you've been against it every time I brought it up.

Maybe one game you can join other supporters in the grandstand for a chat at half time, we are always there right until the team comes off the ground win, draw or big loss. We're all Falcons supporters and not the type of supporter to leave early despite the scoreline.


Turn it up JD!The only time I ever see you here is when there's the Slightest Hint of Trouble.Don't think I can recall you rejoicing in any Wins they've had this year.If you can show me otherwise,I'll be surprised!


Brilliant JD, you obviously know of me as you have mentioned my first name correctly, not going to deny that. I usually sit behind the goals but I have stood with Winger a couple of times this season so very odd that you hadn't approached me. Grassy makes a very good point, I have never seen you on Ozfooty congratulating the boys efforts, not on one single occasion so I am going to call your bluff and also stick by my stance as you being a disgruntled Parent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags