Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123742

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Falcon wrote: Good game the boys played well, love beating the collage girls.
I would say the crowd would have been over a 1000 at least , the ground works there is making access to the ground a pain in the arse, but once it's finished it will be fantastic, playing the collage girls has never been a great draw card in the past and today was no exception, I wasn't expecting a big crowd anyway but it was definitely more than 849.

Agreed Falcon, 849 my arse, would have been 1200-1300. Good win by WP, Bradshaw got caned by his team mates on a number of occasions for not giving off to someone in a better position, maybe thats the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123748

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 134
Easily 1000 at the Scarborough v North Beach derby at Chas Riley. Over the course of the day probably close to 1500-1800.

How do you tell, well probably the same way everyone is saying it was more than 850 at WP v C. An educated guess based on not being able to get a seat and the shoulder to shoulder standing room 8 deep on the top terrace. Maybe the 200 plus people on the far wing and people point post to point post on the clubhouse wing.

Fair few ex-WAFL players running around in the game and when they say it was a better crowd than most WAFL games no reason to question it. Not paying to get in is a positive to be able to watch a great game of footy between 2 serious footy teams.

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123753

• Falcon
  • Thank you received: 154

Leedy wrote:

Falcon wrote: Good game the boys played well, love beating the collage girls.
I would say the crowd would have been over a 1000 at least , the ground works there is making access to the ground a pain in the arse, but once it's finished it will be fantastic, playing the collage girls has never been a great draw card in the past and today was no exception, I wasn't expecting a big crowd anyway but it was definitely more than 849.

Agreed Falcon, 849 my arse, would have been 1200-1300. Good win by WP, Bradshaw got caned by his team mates on a number of occasions for not giving off to someone in a better position, maybe thats the problem.

I wonder how they come up with these numbers? Is it from gate takings? If so it is not accurate because they are not counting members who don't pay and that would be a fair chunk missing from the equation, when I get my membership stamped they never write anything down or count anything so WTF !

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123793

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
The lead stretched to 26 points in the term and while West Perth were unable to get much beyond it at the final siren, they were never challenged.

Claremont paid dearly for their inaccuracy and turnovers in the first term.

Jack Bradshaw was lively on his return to the Claremont team but was one of the major culprits in front of goals with 1.3. He finished with 1.6.

Claremont veteran Ian Richardson was nearly best on ground at half-time after finding the ball 15 times and creating most of his team’s few scoring opportunities but he could not bear the heavy load in the second half.

WEST PERTH 6.3 8.5 12.10 13.14 92

CLAREMONT 1.8 3.11 4.13 7.18 60

GOALS – WEST PERTH: Strijk 5; Lourey 3; Chalmers 2; Meadows, Simpson, Keitel.

CLAREMONT: Simpson 2; I Richardson, Bradshaw, Bolton, Guelfi, McCracken.

BEST – WEST PERTH: Strijk, Nelson, Riddoch, Black, Wilhelm, Simpson, Hamilton.

CLAREMONT: I Richardson, Andrews, Yu, Bolton, Banfield.

UMPIRES: M Adams, T McPhee, J Power.

CROWD: 849 at HBF Arena

That is an excerpt from the report I saw fellas. I was just asking the question of the attendance. It seems very low.

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123807

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Not too sure who wrote the article Grassy? Have found West Perth are generally miles in front of the other 6 Wafl clubs when publishing crowd numbers. Their figures are usually accurate as well with the official tally. Although why discrepancies happen is any-ones guess. I think the clubs originally supply the attendance figures?

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123836

• JD62
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9

Tiger Tales wrote: Easily 1000 at the Scarborough v North Beach derby at Chas Riley. Over the course of the day probably close to 1500-1800.

Very alarming for the WAFL if true but not surprising. When you keep your head in the sand and hope for the best you get over taken.

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123862

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I tried to a rough count of the crowd at PFC v the jokes on Saturday during 2nd q (ie including little leaguers and their families). There were 4 blocks of 50 to 60 people in the grandstand. Let's say another 60 in the sponsors lounge. There were 20 in front of the sponsors lounge. There were 20 in front of time keepers. The pig pen had about 50 in it. On western bank there were another 50, no more. There were 50 in the stand at northern end and 20 on eastern bank. There were 44 players on the ground and let's say 30 support all up, coaches runners etc.

At its peak there was no way there were more than 600 in the ground.

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123905

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The official crowd number has been changed to 932. Really happy that 83 people suddenly materialized from somewhere, and the count gone up slightly.

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123911

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
They remembered to put in the players.

20th May. WP host Claremont 6 years 10 months ago #123912

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 134
I'm a Claremont supporter as stated before.
Given the weather went to NB v Scarbs at Chas Riley rather than trekking up to Joondalup. I get along to a few WAAFL games each season. Already seen 4 this year and given that Claremonts next game isn't till 10th June we return home to Claremont Oval, will go to WAAFL games for the next few weeks. TAs v Uni or Scarbs v CBC look the matches of the round.

Actually saw a SD official at the game checking out who was running around

Last edit: by Tiger Tales.
Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 374 guests and 6 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • GarlicBreath
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88