Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121541

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Sounds like WP didn't have their goal kicking radar working yesterday and Perth got closer than they should of....no doubt EF next week will pay for WP kicking woes... :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121567

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Looks like I was a week early with my 6+ goals Rudy nightmare...great to see him doing well over at WP regardless of my allegiances. Bumped in to his family after the WP v SD game and they had grins from ear to ear...had to smile for 'em , they deserved that

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121570

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Looks like I was a week early with my 6+ goals Rudy nightmare...great to see him doing well over at WP regardless of my allegiances. Bumped in to his family after the WP v SD game and they had grins from ear to ear...had to smile for 'em , they deserved that

There was never any question about his ability.

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121587

• BARISTA
  • Thank you received: 11
Rudy has been welcomed to WP wholeheartedly and its been an easy transition. He is hard at it, put his own body on the line, is a target in the forward line that the team can rely on and is a player who is humble and of great character Roo Roo Roo is the chant from the stands when he runs from the field and his big smile as he would exit the field with this chorus in his ear was a pleasure to see.

*WPths failure to score effectively outside of Rudy yesterday is an issue to be dealt with over the next weeks at training and I have to ask - is this actually being worked on at the club or just left to individuals to take extra kicking practice???

*The wonderful 150 game effort of the Captain aside , his siblings continual unacceptable and frustrating passing and decision making throughout the game may see him dropped next week?
*Manning once again showed he is in "career best form", remarkably getting back from the nasty injury received last week. He owns the WP back line but he would have to ask yesterday who exactly was playing on Perth's B Stack and his marvelous 7 goal effort, if anyone at all :( :P :silly:
*Once again Bill chose to alter the Structure of the Ruck energy with the use of Simson & Kietel with varied but to this date seemingly positive result
*Black and Nellie once again racking up the statts .....
*Good to see hardness overall with the likes of Lynch - Manning - Simson and Riddoch imposing themselves on the game and at times literally changing the turn of the game.
*Meadows seems applied to the game but slightly off with what has been outstanding playing style - maybe just one of those days where the extra 10% just wasn't there?

But I would have to say without being disrespectful to Perth that the WP TEAM generally played without the heart on the sleeve and the output across the game would have to be seen as "lackluster"
If we take this almost mediocre standard forward with us, several teams in the WAFL will break our spine and give us a lesson hard to forget

So lastly - Well done to Perth, the entire day they never gave up, continued to press forward and take the WP players on, young - yes, needing of more experience- yes , lacking heart and courage NO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr AFL, Dirty Weekender

Last edit: by BARISTA.

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121627

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
I thought we were ok against a much improved Perth who are not at full strength but a massive concern is the way we allowed Perth to go coast to coast on at least 4/5 occasions. It was a combination of poor checking by our defenders and a few of the Perth forwards being lazy and not defending prior to the turn over.

We will hopefully see Guadignan, Kuenen, Potente, Brown and Wilhelm start to filter back which will strengthen us even further.

Riddoch is officially a very good get!!!

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121639

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
West Perth have steadily been improving over the past several weeks. Their percentage took a real nose dive after the huge loss in week 4. Has been climbing at 7 - 8 percent a week since then. West Perth started the season at the bottom of the league ladder and have been moving upwards, and now sit 4th. With above mentioned players to filter back, can only see the team being strengthened and pushing further up the league ladder.

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121642

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Grassy wrote:

Leedy wrote: I thought we were ok against a much improved Perth who are not at full strength but a massive concern is the way we allowed Perth to go coast to coast on at least 4/5 occasions. It was a combination of poor checking by our defenders and a few of the Perth forwards being lazy and not defending prior to the turn over.

We will hopefully see Guadignan, Kuenen, Potente, Brown and Wilhelm start to filter back which will strengthen us even further.

Riddoch is officially a very good get!!!

I wonder if Perth expressed any interest in Rudy?If not,why not? :woohoo:

He's gone now,so good luck to Rudy at West Perth.

Very good question Grassy, that is a fine example of Perth going very very hard to secure a 5-7 year player and a handy goal kicker, just what you need.

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121644

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Grassy, Rudy's family are West Perth folk so i doubt if he would have gone to the Demons but you never know. The boys did what they had to do. Perth beat us in the air, they took the pack marks and if their forwards were just a little bit quicker to get down the ground they would have kicked a few more goals.

What do you blokes think of a Thursday night game every week televised.

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121731

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144

Grassy wrote: Most of us reckon we don't go hard enough to get recruits from other Clubs,Leedy.

I can't speak for others,but I keep hearing Marty's words about making us the new Subi,ringin' in our ears.

We're still waiting Marty. :woohoo:

You're like a dog with a bone with that comment from Marty Grassman.

Would have been nice to get Rudy at Lathlain. Thought we could have used his pace of the half back line but he's at West Perth now and is proving himself to be very handy around the goals. Good luck to him just don't hope he kicks six in round 18 :P :P

V Perth 6 years 10 months ago #121952

• Harryfooty
  • Thank you received: 0
Was at game and very impressed with Perth's kicking skills. Their kicking to a player in field play (in congestion) or to their forwards advantage was superb. In fact, as much as hate to say it, they were miles better than WP by foot. I only wish WP could get their kicking skills to that level. WP bomb long to the forward line and hope for the best, or kick over a leading forwards head or to his disadvantage too many times.
In current coach's tenure their skills by hand or foot have been substandard and have not improved at all. This is what is missing to make WP a top 2 side vs a mid table side, which is where they have been predominantly (on average) in his tenure.
Kicks that miss the mark (under no opposition pressure), lack strength, speed and distance are hurting the team. Rudy Riddock, Andrew Strijk (best kick in comp) and Cody Manning are excluded from this as they do it well, but rest of team needs to better this skill. Aaron Black can kick a 50mtr goal in a state game, but come WAFL game time can't kick 30 and the kick lacks any strength and speed. All the team take note, when you have a leading player to the ball put the ball in front of him and not above his head to advantage the opposition player! Maybe coach needs to do a Jeff Gieschen. First thing he did when came to the club was identify poor hand and foot skills and went about rectifying these.

• Page:
Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 381 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes