Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WP take on SF 7 years 2 weeks ago #119387

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Souths hosting West Perth at the port. Is a big game for both clubs.
These teams have played 156 games at Fremantle Oval. South Fremantle having won 94 and West Perth 61. With 1 drawn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

WP take on SF 7 years 2 weeks ago #119409

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Fair chance we will get beaten by 35 points this week, we have freakishly been done by that margin on 3 or 4 occasions in the last 5 years.

WP take on SF 7 years 2 weeks ago #119412

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Tall order against Souths this week. Our defence leaks horribly, Rods has made some monumental blues being one of the few experienced players down back we can't afford that. With Scott Nelson , Mitch Van Berlo and Blake Wilhelm only having a handful of games between them we are very vulnerable.

WP take on SF 7 years 1 week ago #119565

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This weeks advertised team line up
B: M Van Berlo, N Rodda, B King
HB: B Wilhelm, S Simpson, L Meadows
C: T Manzone, C Chalmers, A Black
HF: T Moulton, T Keitel, K Shannon
FF: M Hamilton, M Lourey, K Manning
F: S Mozhaev, S Nelson, J Van Berlo
Int. N Alexandre, J Batterham, C Lynch, D Munns, S Nelson, M Peirce, A Strijk,
In A Black, C Lynch, D Munns, M Peirce,
Out A Coe.

WP take on SF 7 years 1 week ago #119596

• BARISTA
  • Thank you received: 11
Doggies have had the wood on us for some time now and that was before they exhibited the strong team thats on the park at the moment
We like 2/3 of the WAFL teams can win on the day but we need to be at our best and need a bit of the footy gods luck

Nice to see Munns back in the side
Big loss to have Kuens out for 4+ weeks with a broken finger - I heard it didn't look too good when it happened.
Blackie will be hot and raring to make up for the time off the ground (suspension)
Interesting to see Manning placed in the forward line (bills switcheroo?)
Lourey needs to step up, mark and kick some gaols - and Rhodda could choose to be somewhat more decisive in his delivery, actually defend when needed (punch the ball, not token pack mark) Batters needs to also see his man and to elevate himself from selfish play he can slip into.
As mentioned elsewhere our Backs need to work together and not allow them selves like last week to be 2-3mtr behind their player.
I like the new game plan and to see us NOT hugging the boundary is such a nice change
Id love to see Gaudy back on the ground but He seems to continue to struggle with his recovery from the knee op last year - a great loss concerning his on field contributions pre-injury
Lynchy will help with the need for tackle strength and hard body on the field
Stijky hopefully will be able to also contribute and kick a nest of goals

Umps - Just be consistent
A know it should be a good game - better than some of the pundits are thinking or talking up and I would like to think a close game

I have us winning by 3 points hahaha I have to pick us!! but it will be close..

WP take on SF 7 years 1 week ago #119600

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BARISTA wrote: Doggies have had the wood on us for some time now and that was before they exhibited the strong team thats on the park at the moment
We like 2/3 of the WAFL teams can win on the day but we need to be at our best and need a bit of the footy gods luck

Nice to see Munns back in the side
Big loss to have Kuens out for 4+ weeks with a broken finger - I heard it didn't look too good when it happened.
Blackie will be hot and raring to make up for the time off the ground (suspension)
Interesting to see Manning placed in the forward line (bills switcheroo?)
Lourey needs to step up, mark and kick some gaols - and Rhodda could choose to be somewhat more decisive in his delivery, actually defend when needed (punch the ball, not token pack mark) Batters needs to also see his man and to elevate himself from selfish play he can slip into.
As mentioned elsewhere our Backs need to work together and not allow them selves like last week to be 2-3mtr behind their player.
I like the new game plan and to see us NOT hugging the boundary is such a nice change
Id love to see Gaudy back on the ground but He seems to continue to struggle with his recovery from the knee op last year - a great loss concerning his on field contributions pre-injury
Lynchy will help with the need for tackle strength and hard body on the field
Stijky hopefully will be able to also contribute and kick a nest of goals

Umps - Just be consistent
A know it should be a good game - better than some of the pundits are thinking or talking up and I would like to think a close game

I have us winning by 3 points hahaha I have to pick us!! but it will be close..

Barista,

Well said. The key to beating South lies in the first 15-20 minutes, if you allow them to dictate early your rooted, close them down and they go to shit. They are true to the word "front runners" and you only have to look what Swans did to them by cramping their outside run.

WP take on SF 7 years 1 week ago #119639

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great interviews with both coaches ahead of the big game.
www.sportfm.com.au/interview-podcasts/

WP take on SF 7 years 1 week ago #119677

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
2 teams full of prolific stat winning midfielders here. The winner may just come from the team that kicks the ball forwards more often. Kody Manning the x factor for WP. Great challenge for WP to head up to Freo in chase of chocolates a week before Easter kicks in to gear.

WP take on SF 7 years 1 week ago #119739

• Southrlegends
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Pump the garlic full of bulldog cream

103 points

WP take on SF 7 years 1 week ago #119783

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Putrid garlic at that. We are in serious trouble after that display, as mentioned above we let them run on the outside again. It was like ground hog day but worse than our last 3 attempts. We continueously get sucked into too many numbers in close to the drop of the ball whilst they have 3 or 4 players standing off ready to receive and that is how they get us every time. My prediction of 1-5 looks highly likely now.

• Page:
Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 364 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020