Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 7 months ago #105156

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Interesting article that was sent to me. Thanks DAN.
www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows...62cb778a20c6b8a4bebc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 7 months ago #105163

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Winger wrote: Interesting article that was sent to me. Thanks DAN.
www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows...62cb778a20c6b8a4bebc

So what we have is basically two proud competitions going under to sate the apparently insatiable greed of the AFL and its clubs. Without being particularly au fait with what used to the VFA I suspect it actually is three and from my understanding it is 4 when one considers the current situation of footy in Tasmania.

The article articulates the damage done to the SANFL and mirrors what is happening in the WAFL. Come 2017 for a competition to survive it needs all clubs' supporters to have the hope that their club has a chance to win enough games to make the finals and to win the GF. Under no circumstances can that be the case with a number of WAFL clubs and hence the supporters decide what is the point of continuing to support a competition that is so patently unfair that it is impossible to even dream that it could occur.

Why do we have a final five in a 9 team competition? The answer is very simple; it tries to redress the situation where 3 of the 4 spots are perceived to be filled by Subiaco and the two aligned clubs. By adding a 5th team to the finals (and yes I understand that "East Perth" finished 5th that one other of the G7 teams will make the finals and as happened last year another club, in this case Swans, had a chance to make the finals. However, as is most evident by what Peel did to West Perth last week end and probably Souths this coming week end that when the finals come around good luck even trying to be competitive for a hlaf let alone for the entire final's match.

What also adds to the disillusionment is the situaton where a player drafted to one of the WA domiciled clubs ends up playing against the club he was drafted from.

If one analyses the impact the all-pervasive AFL has had on other Aussie Rules competitions in Perth one would find that each competition has been negatively impacted and in most cases folded. The only possible exception perhaps is the WAAFL that has been the beneficiary of the demise of the SSMFL, WAFA and its offshoot the SFL.

It is a pity that the AFL in ts quest for total control over footy in WA and SA they are willing to oversee the extinction of the WAFL and SANFL competitions.

So there is no doubt what this has to do with this particular topic it is why the West Perth President has been so strident in his criticism of the WAFC and its complete abrogation of ensuring the long term viability of the WAFL competition and its clubs.

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 7 months ago #105203

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Singha wrote:

Dwert wrote: Hang your heads in shame you weak as piss presidents...

Apart from Raponi and Hodyl from Swans are the only ones that show any ticker.

Come on Haydyn Rait get on the front mate and make a stand.....

I'm with you Dwert. Subi pres being Mr Invisible again

Singah, no disrespect but if I was the $ubi President I would be lying low too, you blokes do not need attention drawn to yourselves for the chance you will be opened up like butterfly prawns !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 7 months ago #105210

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
as I said on this thread earlier...good on Raponi and Hodyl for speaking out to the press on this issue but who knows what else is going on the background with other presidents etc?

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 7 months ago #105277

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Hoping someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Did I read in the worst today that Raponi still faces a 500 $ fine? Apparently he made some blunt twitter comments. From what I hear, said remarks were only stating the truth of the matter. If I were West Perth, I'd be seeking a please explain from the damn commission as I'm very sure 17 is not the allowable number?

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 378 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog