Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105055

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Dwert wrote: Hang your heads in shame you weak as piss presidents...

Apart from Raponi and Hodyl from Swans are the only ones that show any ticker.

Come on Haydyn Rait get on the front mate and make a stand.....

I'm with you Dwert. Subi pres being Mr Invisible again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105062

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Although too late and slow in coming, apparently change is in the eventual wind sometime or other. All begs the question, what would have happened had Raponi not said anything!!?

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105088

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
On what basis will he be penalised?

Did the Presidents make some agreement not to renege or critise the current set up?

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105111

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
WP should never have been in the situation of being penalised.

This is a Raponi thing and down to him wholly and solely.

I have seen a few folk laud him and that is your opinion, mine is a little different.

The alignment is crap, it creates and even more unfair playing field than exists already but we all know that, we knew that peel would field teams such as this cos they have no way of winning anything in their own right (EP not far behind but at least our Colts ours and no one else's and ressies are sort of ok).

The recent JCC and naming issues saw a move from the members and past players put the knees into that and it stopped, the members and PP came to the party to top up what was lost from Pickard et al (including raponi).

He (raponi) needed to do something to get back some member credibility and here was the opportunity and he did so!

In my opinion I think WP would be better off without his type of grandstanding, you are a proud club, you have passionate members and a drive that sees you being competitive you DON"T need someone doing grandstanding and taking away from your achievements.

my opinion and always open to criticism.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105112

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Yep Grump all sounds fair enough to me.

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105128

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Begs the question if Raponi didnt make the comments would there actually be any change? I suspect not-cause WAFC will say the Clubs didnt raise it so all ok.
I do not like the alignment. It seems no one does but the WAFC do not listen to plebs like us. He and Hodyl are the only ones to speak out and be catalyst for change.

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105132

• Victorian Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Grandstanding Grump? I think not! Brett would have been asked to give his opinion on what took place on Saturday & he has given an honest assessment of the situation. What would you prefer him to do? Sit down & shut up & accept what we can all see is happening without a whimper? May seem like sour grapes to some...bad luck...if we think.the actions of the WAFC & AFL are in the best interests of the WAFL, we are dilliusional. We had a farce last year between these two teams & another farce this season. Time for some other high profile people to stand up & voice their opinions...just like Brett Raponi has done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105134

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
What a joke to even consider sanctioning Raponi or the WPFC. Yes Brett is very vocal and can shoot from the hip at times especially after what must have been a seriously frustrating result against FART, but I'd rather my clubs president did the same rather than say little or nothing. Must admit he did make some snide anti alignment remarks at the presidents pregame lunch on Sunday in the presence of the WAFC CEO but what we are looking for is the 7 WAFL presidents to show a united front to push for more restrictions re finals player availability for WART & FART.
maybe that's happening in the background hopefully.

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105136

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Firstly it speaks volumes of the REAL intent of the WAFC inspired review that the WAFC would seek to SUPPRESS any criticism of what is patently a completely prostitutes WAFL competition due to the host club alignent. Secondly, I read with interest that some posters have suggested that due to the comments of the WP President and supported by the Swans' President that the WAFC will make changes to the eligibility. There is a VERY LONG way from saying that a review will occur and actually making the changes.

Does anyone really think that West Coast or the Dockers will countenance a restriction that they don't like? I would suggest that there is more likelihood of it snowing on Christmas Day here in Perth than the WAFC making a decision that strengthens the WAFC when that decision runs counter to the wishes of the Eagles and Dockers.

Finally West Perth's response to the WAFC should be that they have sent the "please explain" to the local MLA and in their response they should name and shame the WAFC for their complete abandonment of the WAFC Competition and clubs.

West Perth facing penalty 7 years 6 months ago #105149

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
42, if SF beat Peel on Sunday nothing will change......for change to really happen regarding the alignment inequality, Peel need to hammer SF like they did WP and then do the same v Subi in the GF......failure of Peel to dothat, will see the AFL - WAFL games quota drop from 5 to 1!

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 278 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes