Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Womens team in 2017 7 years 7 months ago #103423

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Heard a snippet on the tv news this evening regarding West Perth Football Club plans to have a women's team play a match before the League fixture begins. Apparently this will begin at the start of the 2017 season. Don't know if the remaining 6 Wafl clubs will follow suit? Not sure how that would work? Obviously the Colts or Reserves match times would be changed to allow enough time for the Women's match to be played?? Apparently the Joondalup Women's Football Club is to be renamed West Perth from next season. Sad to say I did not see the full report. A positive move in my opinion and potentially increasing Wafl attendances and exposing much more interest in Women's Football at the same time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Womens team in 2017 7 years 7 months ago #103435

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
WAG Swans have had a womens team in the WAWFL for over a decade and won yet another Premiership today beating East Fremantle. They have played quite a few games after the men over the last few years and it is not a bad standard some of our players like Chelsea Randall, Kara Donnellan, Kellie Gibson are now marquee players in the new Female AFL starting in February. Perth & Peel also have womens sides.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Womens team in 2017 7 years 7 months ago #103450

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
All understood there BH. I'm sure Swans are enjoying their Grand Final win today over East Fremantle. The women's League has been in existence for approx. 20 years I believe? If West Perth's plan goes ahead, their Women's team will be permanently playing before the mens League game each week. It won't be a one off thing. Previously I think all the Womes matches have been held mostly on a Sunday?

Womens team in 2017 7 years 7 months ago #103468

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
As BH eluded to Swans have been the trendsetters in Womens footy for a while now. The TV grab made it sound like WP were discovering something new :blink: Its actually WP playing catch up
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Swandog.

Womens team in 2017 7 years 7 months ago #103476

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Swandog wrote: As BH eluded to Swans have been the trendsetters in Womens footy for a while now. The TV grab made it sound like WP were discovering something new :blink: Its actually WP playing catch up

Suffice to say, I think it may be a good move to swap the mens team to the womens comp, and the women to the mens, it may see you finish a tad higher than last :P :P :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Womens team in 2017 7 years 7 months ago #103483

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No probs Sd. That'll teach me to walk out the tv room, only to walk back in soon after and miss half the report.

Womens team in 2017 7 years 7 months ago #103486

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Leedy wrote:

Swandog wrote: As BH eluded to Swans have been the trendsetters in Womens footy for a while now. The TV grab made it sound like WP were discovering something new :blink: Its actually WP playing catch up

Suffice to say, I think it may be a good move to swap the mens team to the womens comp, and the women to the mens, it may see you finish a tad higher than last :P :P :P

I was waiting for that quip
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

• Page:
Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 447 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977