Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99686

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Farken Joke !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99689

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Grassy this just caps off another pathetic day by the WAFC. Lack of leadership and completely out of touch with the fans of the game. Feel sorry for Mitch and his family for being exploited by these idiots

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99690

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Mmm, what I will say in the WP players defence is it happened so quick his tackle looked instinctive rather than something pre meditated. If you see a player run in from the square and line someone up then it's fair to say it was pre meditated. I think WP could argue on the grounds it all happened so quick it was just instinctive. I doubt Antonio meant to grab his jumper, in fact it was probably the fact he got a piece of jumper that lead to the slinging motion.

Sad to see, there are no winners in this incident. Hopefully Beau Chattley has a good outcome even if it's a slow process. I think playing football again would be the furtherest thing on his mind right now. A bit like the Luke Adams injury but entirely different circumstances of course.

I've seen players land far worse with much greater force coming down awkwardly from a mark and get up and play on.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by DD.

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99704

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I guess we need to take the emotion of seeing a young man lying in hospital potentially paralysed out of the equation...at days end it was a spear tackle which is banned in every code in the country including rugby, rugby league, footy and so on. Antonio had choices when he tackled Chatley and could have held him up or rolled him over or whatever...but in the end it turned into a spear tackle which had dire consequences. Did it deserve 10 weeks? I don't know and it's not for me to say but if a tackle like that with the outcome it got doesn't deserve a long suspension then I'm not sure what does. Don't get me wrong...I feel sorry for both but our actions on a sporting field have consequences and this time around there were no winners.

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99707

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

BC wrote: I guess we need to take the emotion of seeing a young man lying in hospital potentially paralysed out of the equation...at days end it was a spear tackle which is banned in every code in the country including rugby, rugby league, footy and so on. Antonio had choices when he tackled Chatley and could have held him up or rolled him over or whatever...but in the end it turned into a spear tackle which had dire consequences. Did it deserve 10 weeks? I don't know and it's not for me to say but if a tackle like that with the outcome it got doesn't deserve a long suspension then I'm not sure what does. Don't get me wrong...I feel sorry for both but our actions on a sporting field have consequences and this time around there were no winners.

BC,

It wasn't a spear tackle mate, Im sure you mean a "sling" tackle ???

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99708

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Leedy...when I look at the current photo on most news outlets including PerthNow I see Chatley on his head with an unknown WP player holding his legs..so to me it looks like it started out as a sling but ended up a spear tackle....but I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong. To be perfectly honest I think 10 weeks is an over-reaction but that's just my opinion and I guess at day's end it's pretty irrelevant in the big scheme of things....2 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 weeks...whatever.

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99712

• Falcon
  • Thank you received: 154

BC wrote: Leedy...when I look at the current photo on most news outlets including PerthNow I see Chatley on his head with an unknown WP player holding his legs..so to me it looks like it started out as a sling but ended up a spear tackle....but I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong. To be perfectly honest I think 10 weeks is an over-reaction but that's just my opinion and I guess at day's end it's pretty irrelevant in the big scheme of things....2 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 weeks...whatever.

BC, that player in the photo that looks to be holding Beau's legs is another player that brushes past after the tackle, both Beau and Mich are on the deck, it is a sling tackle not a spear as suggested by Leedy, a sling that went very wrong unfortunately.

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99713

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep...fair enough mate...I only looked at the vision very quickly last weekend as it's not something you want to play too many times so I'll stand corrected.

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99728

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
The West Perth Football Club, after extensive consultation with the Antonio family, have decided to accept the WAFL Tribunals findings and as such will not be lodging an appeal.The Antonio's have been deeply appreciative of the support they have received from West Perth, teammates, friends and family, and the broader football industry.Mitchell's concerns have always and will always be on Beau's recovery and whilst we believe the judgment was harsh in the context of the incident, there was never an intent to injure or hurt Beau. The weeks pale into insignificance for the time that is going be required for Beau's (recovery).Finishing the official matters today for Mitchell, allows the people around him to commence providing the ongoing support he will require in the days, weeks and years ahead.
West Perth media release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender, ArkRoyal

To the young WP player Antonio 7 years 9 months ago #99733

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Winger wrote: The West Perth Football Club, after extensive consultation with the Antonio family, have decided to accept the WAFL Tribunals findings and as such will not be lodging an appeal.The Antonio's have been deeply appreciative of the support they have received from West Perth, teammates, friends and family, and the broader football industry.Mitchell's concerns have always and will always be on Beau's recovery and whilst we believe the judgment was harsh in the context of the incident, there was never an intent to injure or hurt Beau. The weeks pale into insignificance for the time that is going be required for Beau's (recovery).Finishing the official matters today for Mitchell, allows the people around him to commence providing the ongoing support he will require in the days, weeks and years ahead.
West Perth media release.

Absolutely outstanding by the young man and the family, he should be singled out by WP and others as to what honour and values are in a community that sadly lacks these qualities.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 583 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest